• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Men: what is your favorite vehicle color?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Why only men? Kind of chauvinistic!!!

3k5hil.jpg

exchemist

Veteran Member
British racing green.
Good answer.

Since I see we've started with the racist jokes, this reminds me that Alan Clarke's family - which seems to have been car-mad, had a joke about gold-plated Rolls-Royces, which they described as being in "Jewish Racing Yellow". :D

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I honestly do not care, although I might not drive a pink car. I do care that it's a standard, the view windows are large for visability (safety) and that it's hardy enough for Canadian winters. Reliability is the largest factor here, although price may come into play if a million dollar car is more reliable than a 25 000 one.

Carry on.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Municipal services orange. High visibility and a higher chance that you can drive or park without getting getting harrassed by the cops.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
It depends on the car, but as a rule of thumb, sky blue and dark blue for luxury, grand tourer, and family cars and yellow, red, and British racing green for supercars.

The occasional black or white (especially pearl white) is nice too, but nothing beats a sky-blue Bentley or a red Ferrari.

Since supercars and ultra-luxury ones are unrealistic targets for me, this would be my daily car if I could afford it:

vw_golf_8_r_plus_blue_flipped_1.jpg

Etritonakin

Today's factory car and truck offerings are rather insipid and limited. The automobile manufacturer's color pallet demise started in the 1990's. What color would you choose if you could have any custom color on your new car or truck at no additional charge?

I think the following would look hot on any new truck, especially a new Toyota:

-canary or lemon yellow
-competition or blaze orange
-bright chartreuse
-solid bright Roman or fire engine red
-root beer brown metallic
-bright solid kelly green

I'm not keen on monochrome (black, silver, white, gray) and/or metallic colors except for root beer brown. Black looks excellent and dressy on a full-size luxury car but is boring on a sporty car, muscle car or a truck.

The 1950's through the 1980's brought the widest color pallet for new cars. The 1970's really had a lot of flash. Youth of America today have become chromophobic or fearful of bold, flashy colors.

WHITE!

Inherently less hot for the Texas heat.
Ironically.. looks cleaner longer when actually dirty than darker colors.
Paint tends to last longer.

I just sold two perfectly operational white vehicles and bought a huge 1974 Dodge Maxi Wagon van -white and blue.
I am now thinking of painting it at least mostly white... as it has become my white whale.
I have been obsessively working on it for months -and it has been frustrating to the point of near madness :mad:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Today's factory car and truck offerings are rather insipid and limited. The automobile manufacturer's color pallet demise started in the 1990's. What color would you choose if you could have any custom color on your new car or truck at no additional charge?

I think the following would look hot on any new truck, especially a new Toyota:

-canary or lemon yellow
-competition or blaze orange
-bright chartreuse
-solid bright Roman or fire engine red
-root beer brown metallic
-bright solid kelly green

I'm not keen on monochrome (black, silver, white, gray) and/or metallic colors except for root beer brown. Black looks excellent and dressy on a full-size luxury car but is boring on a sporty car, muscle car or a truck.

The 1950's through the 1980's brought the widest color pallet for new cars. The 1970's really had a lot of flash. Youth of America today have become chromophobic or fearful of bold, flashy colors.
Hunh. Plenty of cars come in yellow and orange these days. My formative years were in the 80s when cars were mostly drab, so by my baseline, we're pretty adhy these days.

Instead of having one specific favourite colour, I think the colour should be significant to the car: World Rally blue for a Subaru, British Racing Green for a Jag or Mini, silver for a Mercedes, etc.

For a Toyota truck, my first preference would be TRD's classic colors from Baja and the Dakar:

Toyota Ironman Stewart | Motor1.com Photos

... though I say that not as the person who would be driving around in it.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Black Rhino Liner.
Funny thing is, the only part of the truck, other than lights, windows, mirrors, that was not painted with the Rhino Liner was the inside of the bed...

Jonathan Bailey

Why only men? Kind of chauvinistic!!!

I am going to answer anyway

White or silver are excellent colours for most cars for the simple reason that if you skip cleaning them one weekend (or a few) no one is going to notice.

Black is a good colour for bigger cars, sports cars, "muscle" cars. It is imposing and looks kind of suave and elegant. But it is a real bugger to keep clean.

His do i know the cleaning issue

Two cars ago my car was white
Last car was black
Current one is silver

Had other cars, red, green, grey, blue but they just don't seem to bring out the essential carness from the car

The bland color pallet of today might also indicate that people are becoming too lazy to wash their cars or too cheap. Our new world global government and new world global corporate empire has conditioned people, sheeple, that fun is to be frowned upon. Bliss and innocence fly in the face of authority. Cars used to have a googly-eyed expression as if they were smiling back in the 1950's and 1960's. They seem to angrily frown at you nowadays. The car is no longer a thing of status. It's no longer a thing of pride and joy. It's just strictly transportation. Back in 1976, 7-11 did a campaign ad for Slurpee and used the tag line: Freedom of Choice. Freedom of Choice is good thing for women to decide to do with their unborn but a sinful choice when it come to automobile and truck colors in the new mindset. The Soviets reduced automobiles before the fall of the USSR to one color: black. The was free-spirited attitude in the later half of the 20th century because of the counter culture and youth movement: rebelling against authority in fashions and in culture. Products manufacturing then followed that rebellious spirit.

I ask because this is a Men's forum and I care what men think because I'm a man. Could women have anything to do with the limited new vehicle choices these days?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
WHITE!

Inherently less hot for the Texas heat.
Ironically.. looks cleaner longer when actually dirty than darker colors.
Paint tends to last longer.

I just sold two perfectly operational white vehicles and bought a huge 1974 Dodge Maxi Wagon van -white and blue.
I am now thinking of painting it at least mostly white... as it has become my white whale.
I have been obsessively working on it for months -and it has been frustrating to the point of near madness :mad:
If you used the new Dodge Maxi Wagon as a mobile bachelor pad, would it be a "Maxi Pad"?
Btw, you're correct about white.
White power!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The bland color pallet of today might also indicate that people are becoming too lazy to wash their cars or too cheap. Our new world global government and new world global corporate empire has conditioned people, sheeple, that fun is to be frowned upon. Bliss and innocence fly in the face of authority. Cars used to have a googly-eyed expression as if they were smiling back in the 1950's and 1960's. They seem to angrily frown at you nowadays. The car is no longer a thing of status. It's no longer a thing of pride and joy. It's just strictly transportation. Back in 1976, 7-11 did a campaign ad for Slurpee and used the tag line: Freedom of Choice. Freedom of Choice is good thing for women to decide to do with their unborn but a sinful choice when it come to automobile and truck colors in the new mindset. The Soviets reduced automobiles before the fall of the USSR to one color: black. The was free-spirited attitude in the later half of the 20th century because of the counter culture and youth movement: rebelling against authority in fashions and in culture. Products manufacturing then followed that rebellious spirit.

I ask because this is a Men's forum and I care what men think because I'm a man. Could women have anything to do with the limited new vehicle choices these days?

Of course a car can be a status symbol, have you ever seen someone being driven around in a Maybach who was not proud of his status symbol?

Your information in russian car colours is wrong. Lada and moskovich/azlk have produced cars in various colours for many years

I do believe the Zil was produced mostly in black (they did sell some in silver).

I am the only choice of what i drive. But you dont like the increased safety, the i creased efficiency, the much greater time between service, the improved reliability? That's fair enough, there are plenty of second or third hand bangers on the market that would suite your requirements.

Jonathan Bailey

Hunh. Plenty of cars come in yellow and orange these days. My formative years were in the 80s when cars were mostly drab, so by my baseline, we're pretty adhy these days.

Instead of having one specific favourite colour, I think the colour should be significant to the car: World Rally blue for a Subaru, British Racing Green for a Jag or Mini, silver for a Mercedes, etc.

For a Toyota truck, my first preference would be TRD's classic colors from Baja and the Dakar:

Toyota Ironman Stewart | Motor1.com Photos

... though I say that not as the person who would be driving around in it.

There is not one Toyota product today offered in canary yellow, blaze orange and solid (non-metallic) bright red. I don't think Toyota offered such lemon yellow after the 1980's. I loved the automotive color pallet of the 1980's. Up until the demise of the Volkswagen air-cooled Beetle in 1979, air-cooled Volkswagens were offered in jelly-bean orange, lemon yellow and chartreuse. I have only seem the VW Thing of the early mid-70's in jelly-bean orange or canary yellow. The Chevy Vega in the 1970's could be had in such orange. Ford Pintos came in bright colors. Many Japanese cars then had those fun candy flavors. I had a 1977 Datsun B-210 hatchback in lemon yellow with a black vinyl top. The racy colors weren't just for top-end sports cars. Remember that comp orange General Lee Dodge Charger R/T in Dukes of Hazzard?

Last edited:

Jonathan Bailey

Of course a car can be a status symbol, have you ever seen someone being driven around in a Maybach who was not proud of his status symbol?

Your information in russian car colours is wrong. Lada and moskovich/azlk have produced cars in various colours for many years

I do believe the Zil was produced mostly in black (they did sell some in silver).

I am the only choice of what i drive. But you dont like the increased safety, the i creased efficiency, the much greater time between service, the improved reliability? That's fair enough, there are plenty of second or third hand bangers on the market that would suite your requirements.

But I prefer brand new still over getting a special color of my dreams on a beater. I still say chartreuse would improve visibility and thus safety. The fact is that fun bright vivid colors are the most highly visible.

Flashy vivid colors are a case where FUN is also SAFE and thus POLITICALLY CORRECT.

Ideally every automobile, SUV, van and light truck should be painted like a school bus, a highway maintenance truck and/or a fire engine for ultimate visibility for safety. Yes, canary yellow, chartreuse, blaze orange and candy-apple red are both fun and safe.

Last edited: