• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Men: what is your favorite vehicle color?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
But I prefer brand new still over getting a special color of my dreams. I still say chartreuse would improve visibility and thus safety. The the fact is the fun bright vivid colors are the most highly visible.

I can recommend a good spray shop but wrap/skinning is much cheaper.

That way you can have any colour you want,

firefox1.jpg

Perhaps you would prefer this for the ladies
download (2).jpeg

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Today's factory car and truck offerings are rather insipid and limited. The automobile manufacturer's color pallet demise started in the 1990's. What color would you choose if you could have any custom color on your new car or truck at no additional charge?

I think the following would look hot on any new truck, especially a new Toyota:

-canary or lemon yellow
-competition or blaze orange
-bright chartreuse
-solid bright Roman or fire engine red
-root beer brown metallic
-bright solid kelly green

I'm not keen on monochrome (black, silver, white, gray) and/or metallic colors except for root beer brown. Black looks excellent and dressy on a full-size luxury car but is boring on a sporty car, muscle car or a truck.

The 1950's through the 1980's brought the widest color pallet for new cars. The 1970's really had a lot of flash. Youth of America today have become chromophobic or fearful of bold, flashy colors.
Why don't women have a say in this?
I would say it depends upon the vehicle.

A forum friend on my forum says that powder blue is a terrible color for our 1986 Honda Prelude and If I do not do anything else before I die I need to get it repainted. It does need a paint job badly.

Before we got the Prelude we had a 1982 Dodge Challenger and it was orange-red, which was a good color for that car.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
There is not one Toyota product today offered in canary yellow, blaze orange and solid (non-metallic) bright red. I don't think Toyota offered such lemon yellow after the 1980's. I loved the color pallet of the 1980's.
Then maybe the problem is Toyota. :D

One of my wife's friends has an orange Dodge Dart, and we seriously considered an orange Crosstrek before we got our WRX.

... and you can get a Civic in your choice of bright red or bright yellow.

Lots of manufacturers offer bright, interesting colours.

BTW: the 86 and the Supra both come in bright red, and the Supra also comes in bright yellow. That aside, Toyota seems to have taken Mitsubishi's approach: except for one or two sport-oriented models, their car lineup is pretty boring. Other manufacturers (e.g. the Big 3, Subaru, Nissan, Kia, Hyundai) seem to be doing a better job at sprinkling fun - including fun paint colours - throughout their lineup.

Jonathan Bailey

I am sending this off the Congress, the Senate and the president as follows:

RE: Improved Motor Vehicle Safety: Highly-Visible Exterior Paint Colors

Dear (name of US elected official):

It is my wish that the government of the United States of America mandate that manufacturers of new passenger cars, vans, SUV's, motorcycles and light-duty trucks offer American consumers paint color choices which are conducive to high visibility and thus much-improved highway safety. Ideally, automobiles and motorcycles should be painted like school buses, fire engines and/or highway maintenance vehicles.

The most visible colors to the human eye for automotive exterior paint are: chartreuse, lemon/canary yellow, blaze orange and bright solid (non-metallic) red as common on fire engines. White has poor visibility during the snow season. These bright non-white colors should be made to be offered on economy model cars, vans, SUVs, motorcycles and light-duty trucks and other non-commercial motor vehicles as well as more expensive sports cars. These colors should also be mandated for commercial vehicles as tractor-trailer trucks and passenger buses.

One possible legislative option could be that new car and motorcycle manufacturers would have to offer a certain minimum percentage of these vehicles in all classes to consumers in such safety colors such as at least 50% of the total of such vehicles sold on our market to be offered in such colors.

PS - I've declared war on automotive chromophobia in America: I've taken the Battle to Save the Rainbow to Washington! I want Uncle Sam to beat the living crud out of all these chromophobics (color haters) and man you all up with something like canary yellow, fire-engine red, chartreuse and hunter safety blaze orange!

Last edited:

Jonathan Bailey

I can recommend a good spray shop but wrap/skinning is much cheaper.

That way you can have any colour you want,

View attachment 35604

Perhaps you would prefer this for the ladies
View attachment 35605

The idea of a wrap sounds cheesy and low-quality to me. Ideally, I want to try to bend automobile manufacturers to my will through political action.

I want that new Tacoma in stock chartreuse or canary yellow or at least fire engine red or comp orange.
I want solids, not metallics, to boot. I won't pay an arm and leg extra for that color though.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The idea of a wrap sounds cheesy and low-quality to me. Ideally, I want to try to bend automobile manufacturers to my will through political action.

I want that new Tacoma in stock chartreuse or canary yellow or at least fire engine red or comp orange.
I want solids, not metallics, to boot. I won't pay an arm and leg extra for that color though.

I am afraid you wont have much luck with that. Car manufacturers spend millions researching what mr and mrs average wants and chooses the colours that are going to sell the most. They are in it for profit, not to look pretty.

Jonathan Bailey

I am afraid you wont have much luck with that. Car manufacturers spend millions researching what mr and mrs average wants and chooses the colours that are going to sell the most. They are in it for profit, not to look pretty.

My only hope then is to appeal to Uncle Sam in terms of federal automotive paint color legislation in the name of public highway safety. Yes, for the federal government to force these colors I so dream of down our throats: I would then gladly click my rainbow-loving heels with joy!

People hated catalytic converters and other emissions controls when they came out but cars still sold somehow and profits weren't lost.

Many hunters hate blaze orange clothing in the field to shoot deer and pheasants but the law in many jurisdictions often mandates it.

Last edited:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I am sending this off the Congress, the Senate and the president as follows:

RE: Improved Motor Vehicle Safety: Highly-Visible Exterior Paint Colors

Dear (name of US elected official):

It is my wish that the government of the United States of America mandate that manufacturers of new passenger cars, vans, SUV's, motorcycles and light-duty trucks offer American consumers paint color choices which are conducive to high visibility and thus much-improved highway safety. Ideally, automobiles and motorcycles should be painted like school buses, fire engines and/or highway maintenance vehicles.

The most visible colors to the human eye for automotive exterior paint are: chartreuse, lemon/canary yellow, blaze orange and bright solid (non-metallic) red as common on fire engines. White has poor visibility during the snow season. These bright non-white colors should be made to be offered on economy model cars, vans, SUVs, motorcycles and light-duty trucks and other non-commercial motor vehicles as well as more expensive sports cars. These colors should also be mandated for commercial vehicles as tractor-trailer trucks and passenger buses.

One possible legislative option could be that new car and motorcycle manufacturers would have to offer a certain minimum percentage of these vehicles in all classes to consumers in such safety colors such as at least 50% of the total of such vehicles sold on our market to be offered in such colors.

PS - I've declared war on automotive chromophobia in America: I've taken the Battle to Save the Rainbow to Washington! I want Uncle Sam to beat the living crud out of all these chromophobics (color haters) and man you all up with something like canary yellow, fire-engine red, chartreuse and hunter safety blaze orange!
Please tell me that you're joking.

Jonathan Bailey

Please tell me that you're joking.

No, I'm not kidding. My US senators and congressman as well as Pres. Trump were all sent this message FROM ME.

I'M TRYING TO START TROUBLE FOR THE COLOR-HATING MAJORITY.

Governments often mandate specific colors for a lot of different things from military uniforms to the colors of life jackets, traffic lights and school buses.

Jonathan Bailey

The mind is good for the worst of them

I'm glad the gun industry still offers a large selection of new firearms in colors to my liking. I love any color for a police pump shotgun, an AR-15 or a Weatherby Vanguard all-weather hunting rifle as long as it's black, or stainless steel for a revolver. I'm sure glad that pink and camo still hasn't still displaced solid flat black among new sporting gun color offerings. I certainly wouldn't buy a pink Tacoma if it were offered but a camo one...maybe!!

The modern American market for sporting guns does agree with me. Monochrome is the way to go hunting and target shooting.

Last edited:

Etritonakin

I'm glad the gun industry still offers a large selection of new firearms in colors to my liking. I love any color for a police pump shotgun, an AR-15 or a Weatherby Vanguard all-weather hunting rifle as long as it's black, or stainless steel for a revolver. I'm sure glad that pink and camo still hasn't still displaced solid flat black among new sporting gun color offerings. I certainly wouldn't buy a pink Tacoma if it were offered but a camo one...maybe!!

The modern American market for sporting guns does agree with me. Monochrome is the way to go hunting and target shooting.
There are a great many who would agree with you on that.
It would be less dangerous if they all just agreed, however o_O

If errbody got the guns... and the numbers... well...