• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Men: what is your favorite vehicle color?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
My only hope then is to appeal to Uncle Sam in terms of federal automotive paint color legislation in the name of public highway safety. Yes, for the federal government to force these colors I so dream of down our throats: I would then gladly click my rainbow-loving heels with joy!

People hated catalytic converters and other emissions controls when they came out but cars still sold somehow and profits weren't lost.

Many hunters hate blaze orange clothing in the field to shoot deer and pheasants but the law in many jurisdictions often mandates it.

'Tiz easier to get a repaint or a skin job

ChristineM

Premium Member
You're so wrong.
As the brilliant Raymond Loewy said
(more or less) pretty is profitable.

Ok, i understand

082218_ugliest_cars_ever_slide_2_fs.max-784x410.jpg

Jonathan Bailey

Then maybe the problem is Toyota. :D

One of my wife's friends has an orange Dodge Dart, and we seriously considered an orange Crosstrek before we got our WRX.

... and you can get a Civic in your choice of bright red or bright yellow.

Lots of manufacturers offer bright, interesting colours.

BTW: the 86 and the Supra both come in bright red, and the Supra also comes in bright yellow. That aside, Toyota seems to have taken Mitsubishi's approach: except for one or two sport-oriented models, their car lineup is pretty boring. Other manufacturers (e.g. the Big 3, Subaru, Nissan, Kia, Hyundai) seem to be doing a better job at sprinkling fun - including fun paint colours - throughout their lineup.

I still like Toyota models better than Honda, colors notwithstanding. I would still buy a new Corolla in Barcelona Red Metallic than a new Civic in bright yellow if given a choice. The car make/model and purpose still outweighs the color choices, I must humbly confess here.

SUBARU is an ugly name. NISSAN sounds like NINNY combined with MAMA SAN.
HYUNDAI, barf! KIA, puke!

TOYOTA sounds pretty even if their colors aren't so dramatic.

Last edited:

Jonathan Bailey

Color notwithstanding, that's an ugly car model.
It's an ugly shade of yellow to boot. Yellow is delicious when it looks like lemon pudding
or lemon Jello or yummy lemon meringue pie. Bright fun colors should also be
solid, not metallic, which makes the paint finish look dismal.

Metallic looks great for silver, gold or copper.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
Today's factory car and truck offerings are rather insipid and limited. The automobile manufacturer's color pallet demise started in the 1990's. What color would you choose if you could have any custom color on your new car or truck at no additional charge?

I think the following would look hot on any new truck, especially a new Toyota:

-canary or lemon yellow
-competition or blaze orange
-bright chartreuse
-solid bright Roman or fire engine red
-root beer brown metallic
-bright solid kelly green

I'm not keen on monochrome (black, silver, white, gray) and/or metallic colors except for root beer brown. Black looks excellent and dressy on a full-size luxury car but is boring on a sporty car, muscle car or a truck.

The 1950's through the 1980's brought the widest color pallet for new cars. The 1970's really had a lot of flash. Youth of America today have become chromophobic or fearful of bold, flashy colors.
Top banana, go mango, tor red, hemi orange, sublime,and plum crazy purple are some flamboyant colors that have graced the lines of some of Chryslers most famous muscle cars. I had a Charger in gold when I was younger.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Drag race, oval, or road course? Or we could just do a go-cart track. :D

Drag is boring, start, go, stop.
Oval isn't racing, no right hand bends, may as well use a scalextric.

So race track is good (can i remind you i have been round the nurburgring in less than 7 minutes ;-)

Or road, keeping to the law of course?

Jonathan Bailey

'Tiz easier to get a repaint or a skin job

I don't believe that vehicles should be covered with 'skin'. WRAP is OK to cover leftover food to put in the fridge but not cars. I will also not pay the necessary money to recolor a new vehicle to meet or exceed factory finish quality at an exclusive body and paint shop in a place like Beverly Hills where Ferraris and Rolls-Royces would be painted. Yes, it's very easy to do if you are a millionaire with money to wipe your butt. That said, I'd still prefer to buy a new Tacoma in Barcelona Metallic Red as a middle-income earner and be somewhat happy than "wrap" it, "skin" it or repaint it.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
Did someone mention Raymond Loewy? RF is not the place I would have expected to read about the designer of the 1953 Studebaker coupe. What a beautiful car. Spent a lot of time riding around in one in high school.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I don't believe that vehicles should be covered with 'skin'. WRAP is OK to cover leftover food to put in the fridge but not cars. I will also not pay the necessary money to recolor a new vehicle to meet or exceed factory finish quality at an exclusive body and paint shop in a place like Beverly Hills where Ferraris and Rolls-Royces would be painted. Yes, it's very easy to do if you are a millionaire with money to wipe your butt. That said, I'd still prefer to buy a new Tacoma in Barcelona Metallic Red as a middle-income earner and be somewhat happy than "wrap" it, "skin" it or repaint it.

Your choice

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
upload_2019-12-22_6-30-26.jpeg

Mine is gunmetal gray but I love the black ones.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Have you seen the 2020 TRD Pro in factory Army paint?
Dismal but still very interesting:
all-new-2020-toyota-tacoma-2020-ta-a-teased-page-65-interior-of-2020-toyota-tacoma.jpg

I live in France, a truck like that would be wearing a tree or few after the first few bends in the road so, no, nor seen one nor am i likely to. Unless a farmer considers it a more attractive proposition than a tractor. Which has happend before with the ford F450, didnt last thought

Jonathan Bailey

I live in France, a truck like that would be wearing a tree or few after the first few bends in the road so, no, nor seen one nor am i likely to. Unless a farmer considers it a more attractive proposition than a tractor. Which has happend before with the ford F450, didnt last thought

In America we call a road BEND a CURVE.

ChristineM

Premium Member
In America we call a road BEND a CURVE.

Yes, you don't really have bends. And cars are designed with that in mind. I have seen many America imports nose down in ditches or shiny side down in a field over this side of the Atlantic puddle after trying to negotiate a bend

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Drag is boring, start, go, stop.

Yeah, it's more about testing reflexes than it is driving. If you ain't turnin', you ain't racin'.

Oval isn't racing, no right hand bends, may as well use a scalextric.

Depends on the oval. Ever been to a dirt track?

So race track is good (can i remind you i have been round the nurburgring in less than 7 minutes ;-)

I'd kill to drive on the Nurburgring. I've only had the opportunity on Forza 4.

Or road, keeping to the law of course?

Meh, I do that every day when driving at work. :D