• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Men: what is your favorite vehicle color?

Jonathan Bailey

Today's factory car and truck offerings are rather insipid and limited. The automobile manufacturer's color pallet demise started in the 1990's. What color would you choose if you could have any custom color on your new car or truck at no additional charge?

I think the following would look hot on any new truck, especially a new Toyota:

-canary or lemon yellow
-competition or blaze orange
-bright chartreuse
-solid bright Roman or fire engine red
-root beer brown metallic
-bright solid kelly green

I'm not keen on monochrome (black, silver, white, gray) and/or metallic colors except for root beer brown. Black looks excellent and dressy on a full-size luxury car but is boring on a sporty car, muscle car or a truck.

The 1950's through the 1980's brought the widest color pallet for new cars. The 1970's really had a lot of flash. Youth of America today have become chromophobic or fearful of bold, flashy colors.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
For new cars, pearl white metallic. My Altima is this color. I especially like the NISMO color scheme. And no, that's not my Altima. :D

18tdigb-helios307.jpg

For older cars, it depends on the body style. I love me a '67 Camaro RS in Butternut Yellow

88893938.jpg

Jonathan Bailey

White.
Why?
- Cooler in summer
- No fading
- Easy paint touch-up

In the 1960's, 1970's and 1980's my mother always chose white cars.
My father always said he wanted a red car but it never happened.

Chartreuse and bright yellow can be just as cool in hot weather.

I've had several fire-engine red vehicles in the 20th century/early 21st century: 1986 Dodge Ram D-50 pickup, 1992 Corvette, 1995 Ford F-150, '89 Mustang GT 5.0 convertible with black top and 2002 Ford Ranger.
For the longest spell, arrest-me-red was my favorite. I nowadays have a hankering for canary yellow or chartreuse if it would
only be offered on a new Toyota Tacoma. Otherwise, I would have to choose Barcelona Red Metallic from Toyota which still is not
as appealing to me as the solid bright fire-engine, cardinal or Roman reds once were.

Last edited:

Jonathan Bailey

For new cars, pearl white metallic. My Altima is this color. I especially like the NISMO color scheme. And no, that's not my Altima. :D

18tdigb-helios307.jpg

For older cars, it depends on the body style. I love me a '67 Camaro RS in Butternut Yellow

88893938.jpg

That butternut yellow is also known as cream or buff and beige to some. I loved 1970's and 1980's Chevrolets, Buicks and Oldsmobiles in that color. I had a 1986 Chevy truck in doeskin tan: same color. That CREAM is largely dead in modern times.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't generally want my vehicles to be objets d'art. There are also benefits in not drawing attention to your vehicle.
In cars/vans I tend to go with basic white, for the same reasons Revoltingest listed.

Jonathan Bailey

I don't generally want my vehicles to be objets d'art. There are also benefits in not drawing attention to your vehicle.
In cars/vans I tend to go with basic white, for the same reasons Revoltingest listed.

Chartreuse is the most highly visible color to the human eye. Fire engines have been gravitating from traditional red toward that color. Those bright colors like fire engine red, blaze orange, canary yellow and chartreuse are the most highly visible to other motorists so there's a safety factor. A distinct color can also make it easy to spot your car in a crowded parking lot. In snow country, white will be camouflaged and harder to see.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
White.

As former campers, white reflects light therefore heats up less quickly in the sun, thus our ice in the cooler would stay longer.

Maybe I should start a thread on camping, which I did for almost 40 years. Hmmmmmmm.

Jonathan Bailey

White.

As former campers, white reflects light therefore heats up less quickly in the sun, thus our ice in the cooler would stay longer.

Maybe I should start a thread on camping, which I did for almost 40 years. Hmmmmmmm.

I always prefer a white camper shell for a pickup but with a non-white truck to put it on.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Chartreuse is the most highly visible color to the human eye. Fire engines have been gravitating from traditional red toward that color. Those bright colors like fire engine red, blaze orange, canary yellow and chartreuse are the most highly visible to other motorists so there's a safety factor. A distinct color can also make it easy to spot your car in a crowded parking lot. In snow country, white will be camouflaged and harder to see.
Good points, but if I'm trying to avoid the attention of cops, car theives or the curious, or if I'm sleeping in my van after a night of carousing or on a trip, I'd rather not be disturbed or rousted.

A brightly colored car, while pretty, sacrifices one's option to be inconspicuous.

Jonathan Bailey

Good points, but if I'm trying to avoid the attention of cops, car theives or the curious, or if I'm sleeping in my van after a night of carousing or on a trip, I'd rather not be disturbed or rousted.

A brightly colored car, while pretty, sacrifices one's option to be inconspicuous.

I used to speed all the time in my red Corvette even in California. No cop ever bothered me, not even the CHP.

I got tagged by the CHP in my blue metallic 1988 Firebird Formula 5.0 and several times by the CHP in my silver 1983 Camaro.
Never stopped in my red Stang GT, though. California cops, CHP especially, likes to hit those pony cars driven by young punks.
They view Corvettes as for older men so they leave them alone usually.

PureX

Veteran Member
It really depends on the body style. Most trucks are ugly no matter what color they are. 'Absurdly big' seems to be the preferred body style for trucks these days. For cars, well, they all have basically the exact SAME body style. It's not a bad design, necessarily, it's just becomes very, very generic looking, as there are a trillion of them all looking basically the same.

The "throw-back" designs are nice looking, but not very inspirational after so many years. The whole muscle-car thing has been done and done and done to death. How many times do we have to play that same album over and over until it becomes so habitual that it's meaningless? I still think Led Zeppelin is a great band, but I don't have any of their songs in my ipod. I just know them too well for them to be interesting.

Where are the new, daring, inspired vehicle designs? They don't exist. And they aren't going to. The efficiency of corporate greed has erased any possibility of it. Every decision is now tested vociferously by product-study groups of very un-creative "consumers" who like automobile grills that resemble cute, cuddly animals, or vicious predators, or massive mindless juggernauts. Motor vehicle design isn't an art form, anymore. It's just another accounting function.

Greed ruins everything it touches, and sooner or later, it touches everything.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Today's factory car and truck offerings are rather insipid and limited. The automobile manufacturer's color pallet demise started in the 1990's. What color would you choose if you could have any custom color on your new car or truck at no additional charge?

I think the following would look hot on any new truck, especially a new Toyota:

-canary or lemon yellow
-competition or blaze orange
-bright chartreuse
-solid bright Roman or fire engine red
-root beer brown metallic
-bright solid kelly green

I'm not keen on monochrome (black, silver, white, gray) and/or metallic colors except for root beer brown. Black looks excellent and dressy on a full-size luxury car but is boring on a sporty car, muscle car or a truck.

The 1950's through the 1980's brought the widest color pallet for new cars. The 1970's really had a lot of flash. Youth of America today have become chromophobic or fearful of bold, flashy colors.

Why only men? Kind of chauvinistic!!!

I am going to answer anyway

White or silver are excellent colours for most cars for the simple reason that if you skip cleaning them one weekend (or a few) no one is going to notice.

Black is a good colour for bigger cars, sports cars, "muscle" cars. It is imposing and looks kind of suave and elegant. But it is a real bugger to keep clean.

His do i know the cleaning issue

Two cars ago my car was white
Last car was black
Current one is silver

Had other cars, red, green, grey, blue but they just dont seem to bring out the essential carness from the car