• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Men: what is your favorite vehicle color?

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
I'm not sure about the colour, but this vehicle would be useful in heavy traffic...

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Depends on the oval. Ever been to a dirt track?

Only to watch dirt bike flying
FCHondaDec18Action-Cudby-247-1420x620.jpg

I'd kill to drive on the Nurburgring. I've only had the opportunity on Forza 4.

That caught me, was looking for a track named Forza 4. I would love to drive Laguna Seca in California, we have our own corkscrew not far from home, i would guess as much a replica as you will find. Only problem, its a 50kph limit and get it wrong you take a 4 metre drop into a field.

Meh, I do that every day when driving at work. :D

On roads like i use daily?
This opens on page 2, click page 1 for the rest of my trip home from the supermarket
https://www.religiousforums.com/media/albums/return-from-the-supermarket.1104/?page=2

Heyo

Veteran Member
Yes, you don't really have bends. And cars are designed with that in mind. I have seen many America imports nose down in ditches or shiny side down in a field over this side of the Atlantic puddle after trying to negotiate a bend
There is a beautiful road from Port-Vendres to Portbou climbing the Pyrénées near the Mediterranean Sea. I was so happy that I only had an R5 at the time.

ChristineM

Premium Member
There is a beautiful road from Port-Vendres to Portbou climbing the Pyrénées near the Mediterranean Sea. I was so happy that I only had an R5 at the time.

The Med coast is littered with beautiful roads. I love the Almafi drive (italy from Sorrento to Salerno). Frightening in summer with all the tourist coaches and i dont recommend taking your eyes off the road for more than a second, despite the views). But great for passengers.

Also the road has been used in several films because of the stunning vistas

ChristineM

Premium Member

This is close enough to give it a try sometime

Jonathan Bailey

Yes, you don't really have bends. And cars are designed with that in mind. I have seen many America imports nose down in ditches or shiny side down in a field over this side of the Atlantic puddle after trying to negotiate a bend

You should try Dead Man's Curve (Bend?) along the coastline of California in your sporty European car. My fire-engine red 1992 Corvette LT-1 held up on the German autobahn quite well while I was stationed with the army there in the early half of the '90's. The stupid civilian US Department of Defense contractor who shipped it over there in the fall of 1993 from Oakland, California caused some salt damage to my paint and put a huge chip in my fiberglass driver door. Some longshoreman punks must have taken my Vette for a spin and beat it. The army paid for the damage and a Furth, Germany GM Opel dealer did the paint and minor body work. The finish and driver door was never quite as good as factory. The replaced plastic molding along the door window fuzzy was bent and not neat like original. I would have taken my car to an expensive body shop in ritzy Marin County, California where Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsches are worked on if I had had that choice at that time.I should have just put my Vette in stateside storage and bought a "salt" BMW or VW beater for Germany as many GIs there did.

But no, I had to trust the government, like an idiot, with my fancy sports car just to have the privilege to sport a late-model red Vette on the world's premium legendary super-fast motorway, as Brits call it. I had that 6-speed stick Vette up to 160 MPH. DEATH on four fat Goodyear tires. Record top speed on the 'Bahn. This was an LT-1 and not a ZR-1. 300 stock ponies under the Bowling Green , KY clamshell hood. No speed limit there on many parts of a European highway that sports a lot of Ausfarht signs.

Last edited:

ChristineM

Premium Member
You should try Dead Man's Curve (Bend?) along the coastline of California in your sporty European car. My fire-engine red 1992 Corvette LT-1 held up on the German autobahn quite well while I was stationed with the army there in the early half of the '90's. The stupid civilian US Department of Defense contractor who shipped it over there in the fall of 1993 from Oakland, California caused some salt damage to my paint and put a huge chip in my fiberglass driver door. Some longshoreman punks must have taken my Vette for a spin and beat it. The army paid for the damage and a Furth, Germany GM Opel dealer did the paint and minor body work. The finish and driver door was never quite as good as factory. The replaced molding along the door window fuzzy was bent and not neat like original. I would have taken my car to an expensive body shop in ritzy Marin County, California where Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porches are worked on if I had had that choice at that time.I should have just put my Vette in stateside storage and bought a "salt" BMW or VW beater for Germany as many GIs there did.

But no, I had to trust the government, like an idiot, with my fancy sports car just to have the privilege to sport a late-model red Vette on the world's premium legendary super-fast motorway, as Brits call it. I had that 6-speed stick vett up to 160 MPH. Record top speed on the 'Bahn. No speed limit there on many parts of a European highway that sports a lot of Ausfarht signs.

Autobahns are pretty straight aren't they?

Flame

Beware
The Tail of the Dragon in NC is a great curvy road, 300 some curves in about 11 miles. I rode it back when I had a R6, lots of fun but nerve racking.

A great video of it.

Milton Platt

Today's factory car and truck offerings are rather insipid and limited. The automobile manufacturer's color pallet demise started in the 1990's. What color would you choose if you could have any custom color on your new car or truck at no additional charge?

I think the following would look hot on any new truck, especially a new Toyota:

-canary or lemon yellow
-competition or blaze orange
-bright chartreuse
-solid bright Roman or fire engine red
-root beer brown metallic
-bright solid kelly green

I'm not keen on monochrome (black, silver, white, gray) and/or metallic colors except for root beer brown. Black looks excellent and dressy on a full-size luxury car but is boring on a sporty car, muscle car or a truck.

The 1950's through the 1980's brought the widest color pallet for new cars. The 1970's really had a lot of flash. Youth of America today have become chromophobic or fearful of bold, flashy colors.

Color preference are highly dependent on vehicle type. Bright red looks cool on a sports car...not necessarily so on a luxury car.

Shad

Veteran Member
Red. It makes things go faster.

I like darker blues and reds. I am pretty bland when it comes to colours of my vehicles compared to other posters. Yellow, orange, lighter shades of most colours, white and black are colours I do not like on vehicles.

Jonathan Bailey

Color preference are highly dependent on vehicle type. Bright red looks cool on a sports car...not necessarily so on a luxury car.

Correct, I prefer BLACK, BROWN or CREAM on a Lincoln Continental or BLACK on a 1964 Eldorado convertible.

I prefer a crazy fun color on a truck, econobox or sporty car, though.

Last edited: