• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man to Man... or Woman

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Our feelings, emotions, can get the better of us, if we allow them to override, our most useful gift - the mind, or, as some prefer, our brains.
This isn't just about surface feelings or emotions. It's a deep-seated permanent mental perception of the self that goes beyond emotions. If you could just therapy gender dysmorphia away we'd be doing that.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I know of persons - many - who felt / or had feeling that went contrary to what was.
The help they got was mental, or psychological, and they are thankful today, living as they are.
What's interesting about that, is that the help was actually Bible based. interesting uh?

In fact, the example I used earlier, happens often, and all those who chose the advice in conjunction with conscience, are happy today.
Our feelings, emotions, can get the better of us, if we allow them to override, our most useful gift - the mind, or, as some prefer, our brains.

However, if our minds are not properly trained, it is understandable, why doing whatever our desires drive us to, will be our choice.
Biblically baseshelp was toxic for me and left me suicidal. Changing into me, that is transitioning from male to female, its the best thing I've done for myself, and I'm not suicidal or yearning and longing for death amymore, my life has direction and goals, has been improving,and basically did the opposite of what you suggest. Amd I really, very much doubt you have the background to be properly discussing "training yohr mind." It makes me think youre probably more into armchair pop "psychology" rather than the actual study of human cognition.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Why should it ever be right? Only if someone had a strictly physical disability would it ever be right.
Before, I was severely and majorly depressed, suicidal, and had very poor functioning with daily activities and had no hope, no desires to live, and no goals for tomorrow.
Is that disabking enough?

eik

You beat me to it.
Obviously there is a principle involved in that scripture.
The principle is clearly carried over to the NT:
1Co 6:9 "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,"

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
The principle is clearly carried over to the NT:
1Co 6:9 "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,"
If I'm a boy who wears heels is that alright?

eik

How in the world did you compare jumping from depression to changing ones body because of body/mind incongruency?

Do you believe chronic depression is demon possession??
Demonic influence. cf. Saul in the OT.

I can't follow your logic of taking one's own life compared to changing ones body.
Huh?
All types of psychological distress, are they not? Why are you accomodating one type, whilst rejecting another. You are using differing weights and measure for essentially the same illness. You say people shouldn't be allowed to commit suicide, but they should be allowed to do mind boggling alterations to their body. I can't see why they should be treated differently, given a common basis in psychological distress?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
No, never OK, because it involves premedidated gender fraud. People should not be permitted to dishonestly misrepresent their biologically given gender to society at large. If they want to do it within the confines of their own homes, they should be permitted but only if they are prepared to be restricted to their own homes to prevent a fraud on society.
Thats basically not possible for me. Even if I wear mens clothes out in public there will be people calling me female.

eik

Before, I was severely and majorly depressed, suicidal, and had very poor functioning with daily activities and had no hope, no desires to live, and no goals for tomorrow.
Is that disabking enough?
Disabling enought for what? I never said people should be allowed to kill themselves. It was someone else said people should be able to do what they want when they are psychologically distressed.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not your judge.
You just said that people with GD are demon possessed and I think that's a pretty heavy judgement.

I also want to know what this particular verse means. I remember coming upon it as a Christian and it was debated by other Christians. I honestly have no idea what it means.

eik

Thats basically not possible for me. Even if I wear mens clothes out in public there will be people calling me female.
That's because many clothes are unisex these days. The passage was only referring to attire that is specifically worn by one sex.

eik

You just said that people with GD are demon possessed and I think that's a pretty heavy judgement.

I said that's my opinion. I am entitled to it. Thank you. And that was the opinion of the writer of the gospels on many illnesses too.

I also want to know what this particular verse means. I remember coming upon it as a Christian and it was debated by other Christians. I honestly have no idea what it means.
What verse is that?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Demonic influence. cf. Saul in the OT.

All types of psychological distress, are they not? Why are you accomodating one type, whilst rejecting another. You are using differing weights and measure for essentially the same illness. You say people shouldn't be allowed to commit suicide, but they should be allowed to do mind boggling alterations to their body. I can't see why they should be treated differently, given a common basis in psychological distress?
I was suicidal before accepting myself and before transitioning. I nearly didnt survive being born and I used to wish I would have died then. Bit thats now all in the past. Probably because suicidal thoughts and ideations arent a diagnosis but a symptom, and gender dysphoria is a diagnosis that is treatable (you cant really treat suicide, you have to addrrss the underlying issues).

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That's because many clothes are unisex these days. The passage was only referring to attire that is specifically worn by one sex.
I said mens clothes, not unisex or womens clothes. As I said, its just not possible for me to pass as male 100% of the time even in mens clothing.

eik

And if you view a 50% divorce rate as morally equivalent to legal slavery, I will exercise my right to disagree with you. And thankful so will the vast majority of Westerners.
It's rather silly comparing employment in an iron age society 3500 years ago with modern legal systems. I will not be drawn.

PureX

Veteran Member
This isn't just about surface feelings or emotions. It's a deep-seated permanent mental perception of the self that goes beyond emotions. If you could just therapy gender dysmorphia away we'd be doing that.
Also, it's a very complex subject with many different human manifestation. It' is not a singular problem, and it does not have a singular solution.