• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man to Man... or Woman

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
In your view, is it okay for a man to want to be a woman, and take measures to reach that goal, such as by taking drugs to change his facial and body features etc.?
I was not able to view this video, but the facial structure of the person in the video image just got me thinking on this.
Your thoughts...

It's more some people are already men or women and they feel physically, physiologically, and psychologically, ditached from the body they are born in. Usually when they figure things out, they start to change their body to reflect how they feel both physical and mental. They don't change into men or women. They are who they are.

I don't see it as wrong. I think that's a religious thing. Changing ones body isn't wrong unless it harms the person who wants the change. Outside of religion, why would it be wrong? Foriegn to most of us. We have our biases. But right or wrong?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
By "point" I meant the point I made about mispresentation of gender. As the law in Deut 22:5 is spiritual it is extendable to every conceivable misrepresentation of gender including "gender re-assignment surgery" (a misrepresentation in itself). In any case Deut 22:5 would in every case of "transgenderism" have to be literally broken on numerous occasions before surgery was ever contemplated. Deut 22:5 inhibits the thin end of the wedge here.

Does the Bible defined gender (who someone is) apart from sex (their genitals)?

wellwisher

Male and female differ by an entire chromosome; X or Y. A chromosome can have thousands of genes and not one or two. Sex is signed by nature and an entire chromosome of DNA. This is why sexual choice is a fad and pathology and is therefore unnatural. Religion does not promote unnatural behavior. This is the role of the left.

Say I thought I was a bird, and wanted surgery to add wings, would this be OK? Would it be called natural, even if my DNA is human and not that of bird? This is the same thing, but it differs only by less support propaganda based on an emperors new clothes fad.

The data still shows that those who transform sex, to meets the needs of the fad, have unusually high suicide rates Being unnatural will catch up to you, even if the mindless crowd applauds the effort.

eik

Does the Bible defined gender (who someone is) apart from sex (their genitals)?
What you seem to be asking is, does the bible explore the realms of chromosome abnormality? Of course not. The bible does not distinguish gender and sex in relation to people.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
What you seem to be asking is, does the bible explore the realms of chromosome abnormality? Of course not. The bible does not distinguish gender and sex in relation to people.

How would one know if it's right or wrong to change one's body from how they are born?

February-Saturday

Devil Worshiper
There are no types of Islam.

Think of it this way, trimming eyebrows is haram because it changes God's creation.

It's funny, in another thread not long ago, we had Muslims jumping to divorce themselves from people like you. I guess they feel like your bigotry gives them a bad name or something. Isn't that weird?

To those still wondering why I think Islam is barbaric, here you go! Celebration of the flawed creation of an incompetent, yet infinitely petty God against those he supposedly "loves."

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
No, never OK, because it involves premedidated gender fraud. People should not be permitted to dishonestly misrepresent their biologically given gender to society at large. If they want to do it within the confines of their own homes, they should be permitted but only if they are prepared to be restricted to their own homes to prevent a fraud on society.
In other words: a gender traitor. Where did I hear that?

Ciao

- viole

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
By "point" I meant the point I made about mispresentation of gender. As the law in Deut 22:5 is spiritual it is extendable to every conceivable misrepresentation of gender including "gender re-assignment surgery" (a misrepresentation in itself). In any case Deut 22:5 would in every case of "transgenderism" have to be literally broken on numerous occasions before surgery was ever contemplated. Deut 22:5 inhibits the thin end of the wedge here.

Fortunately in most Western countries we do not have Theocracy rule of ancient reliigons, and we do not stone people to death for deviations and infractions. Citing scripture thousands of years old can justify slavery, rape, and ethnic cleansing also.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Why should it ever be right? Only if someone had a strictly physical disability would it ever be right.

Another way to put it, and readers forgive the comparison, if someone has breast cancer and needs both her breasts removed what is the difference between that surgical procedure for physical illness and one to relieve ones psychological distress by taking off her breasts just the same for psychological illness?

A Vestigial Mote

To each his/her/their own. While I wish more people could just be comfortable being what they intrinsically are - because I, personally, feel that to do so indicates a level of understanding, sense of emotional fortitude and default self-worth that I wish a lot more people had for their own sake - it makes no difference if they want to augment themselves in some way they feel inclined to do so as long as it isn't in order to harm or take advantage of others.