• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man to Man... or Woman

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I asked if it's okay. i don't think that has anything to do with what one decides to do.

is it okay to rape a woman or child? is is okay to bugger a cow? is it okay to have an affair with a married person? Is it okay to steal bread to feed one's hungry stomach?

Whether one thinks it's okay or not to do these things does not deny anyone the freedom of choice.

This thread is not about whether one has a choice or not.

If it is ok with the person who wants to transition then that is perfectly OK

WTF are you rabbiting about, you, you are comparing apples and pig ****, how sad. It is the individuals choice to do with their own body what ever they want, not yours. It is not that person's,or anyone elses prerogative to go out and commit a sick and violent crime.

I will quote from your OP
In your view, is it okay for a man to want to be a woman,

I gave my view now you want to deny me that view because you don't like it

nPeace

Veteran Member
I have no opinion on this :) it's up to each person to decide what they feel is right for them.
I agree we all have free choice. The question is, is it right... is it good? Is it okay to hunt and kill all the elephants for their tusks, even if we have the freedom and desire to do so?
Apparently the law thinks... Not.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I agree we all have free choice. The question is, is it right... is it good? Is it okay to hunt and kill all the elephants for their tusks, even if we have the freedom and desire to do so?

Is there universal morality/law that says changing ones body is right or wrong or only religious?

nPeace

Veteran Member
If it is ok with the person who wants to transition then that is perfectly OK

WTF are you rabbiting about, you, you are comparing apples and pig ****, how sad. It is the individuals choice to do with their own body what ever they want, not yours. It is not that person's,or anyone elses prerogative to go out and commit a sick and violent crime.

I will quote from your OP

I gave my view now you want to deny me that view because you don't like it
You did gave your view.
It was not related to the question, but it was your view.
Thank you. have a pleasant day.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here but I'm not convinced it's related to body dysmorphia. Body dysmorphia and being transgender is not right or wrong, it just is. If a person's mental perception of his or her gender is in conflict with his or her body parts, then that is a medical problem that needs medical intervention or at least being socially accepted as the gender he or she sees him or herself as. Having this psychological issue can cause lifelong pain, shame, and suicide. Suicide is common in people with body dysmorphia and related issues. I have heard stories such as a young boy pricking at his penis with needles while he was in the bath because he wanted to 'punish' it. I've heard of a transboy showering in the dark because he can't stand the sight of his female parts. I've heard of people chestbinding so much they permanently damage their bodies. I read a news story of a man cutting off his own private parts (and succeeding!). Young boys asking when is his penis going to 'fall off' or when is the 'gender fairy' going to come along. These sad tales go on and on. Imagine your whole life living a lie that makes you literally want to kill yourself.

This isn't right or wrong. It's a real medical issue that needs help. It is good to help people and we are not helping them by calling them perverts, fakes, attention seekers, fad followers, predators or whatever else people say.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Is there universal morality/law that says changing ones body is right or wrong or only religious?
Thanks for asking what I consider to be a good question.
i answered that here. I would be happy to hear your response to that, and we can discuss it there, if you want.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Can I ask if you are against plastic surgery when someone has been in a car crash?
I once saw a movie where someone did plastic surgery, in order to have the face of someone else, so that they could gain entry to a security facility. It's just a movie, but...
I think comparing the two situations, have varying factors that don't make them the same. What do you think?

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In your view, is it okay for a man to want to be a woman, and take measures to reach that goal, such as by taking drugs to change his facial and body features etc.?
I was not able to view this video, but the facial structure of the person in the video image just got me thinking on this.
Your thoughts...
To my surprise, one of my acquaintances, a very intelligent and lively young lady, whose work took her to California, is now a very intelligent not quite so young man, and has spoken about the operations involved with remarkable openness and honesty.

Perhaps because I haven't met the revised version in the flesh, I have trouble thinking of my friend as him rather than her.

But one thing is very clear, that in this case she / he was driven by very deep convictions about her / his sexual identity.

I can see no basis for criticism whatsoever.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I once saw a movie where someone did plastic surgery, in order to have the face of someone else, so that they could gain entry to a security facility. It's just a movie, but...
I think comparing the two situations, have varying factors that don't make them the same. What do you think?
Changing your identity on paper as well as surgical is different to someone using Hollywood effects to commit literal theft is surely different, I would think lol

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
In your view, is it okay for a man to want to be a woman, and take measures to reach that goal, such as by taking drugs to change his facial and body features etc.?
I was not able to view this video, but the facial structure of the person in the video image just got me thinking on this.
Your thoughts...
Your description is inaccurate. When a trans woman transitions, this isn't "a man wanting to be a woman;" this is a woman expressing her gender identity.

And yes: it's fine for anyone - trans, cis or otherwise - to express their gender as they see fit.

nPeace

Veteran Member
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here but I'm not convinced it's related to body dysmorphia. Body dysmorphia and being transgender is not right or wrong, it just is. If a person's mental perception of his or her gender is in conflict with his or her body parts, then that is a medical problem that needs medical intervention or at least being socially accepted as the gender he or she sees him or herself as. Having this psychological issue can cause lifelong pain, shame, and suicide. Suicide is common in people with body dysmorphia and related issues. I have heard stories such as a young boy pricking at his penis with needles while he was in the bath because he wanted to 'punish' it. I've heard of a transboy showering in the dark because he can't stand the sight of his female parts. I've heard of people chestbinding so much they permanently damage their bodies. I read a news story of a man cutting off his own private parts (and succeeding!). Young boys asking when is his penis going to 'fall off' or when is the 'gender fairy' going to come along. These sad tales go on and on. Imagine your whole life living a lie that makes you literally want to kill yourself.

This isn't right or wrong. It's a real medical issue that needs help. It is good to help people and we are not helping them by calling them perverts, fakes, attention seekers, fad followers, predators or whatever else people say.
It's heartbreaking, when people suffer. I can relate to your pain, as well as those you described.
Oftentimes though, mankind, because of not knowing their way, are fed advice that they think is good, because it is being promoted as such.

Take for example (they are many others I can think of), a young female rape victim, who discovers she is pregnant with the rapist's child...She may be in deep anguish - emotional pain. she might want to cut the child out and feed it to the dogs. we can only imagine.
The advice given her, coming from mainstream society may be... "GET RID OF IT."
On the other hand there may be another factor - a more personal and ethical one - one that's actually core - a built in conscience... a moral compass. if you will... that says, it's a life. It's not their fault. Why harm him, or her.
So advice from another source, contrary to mainstream, may actually, and in many cases, have proven to be a help to that young girl, in making a decision that she was happy in making, both in behalf of a good conscience, and a son, or daughter... and if God is in the picture... yes, him too.

What you mentioned about an "issue that needs help", is key.
The question is, what help is needed. Is it the help mainstream society recommends, which may be warped by a "Do whatever you want" ideology, or is it the help recommended by a minority factor that are viewed as "too restrictive".

However we look at it, man chooses to do what he thinks is right for him.
A wise man once said, "There is a way that appears to be right, but in the end it leads to death."
What we may think is okay, may not be okay, and might well be manifest to us. Although, it may take time for some to see, based on the fact that societies are shaped by mainstream views.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
It's heartbreaking, when people suffer. I can relate to your pain, as well as those you described.
Oftentimes though, mankind, because of not knowing their way, are fed advice that they think is good, because it is being promoted as such.

Take for example (they are many others I can think of), a young female rape victim, who discovers she is pregnant with the rapist's child...She may be in deep anguish - emotional pain. she might want to cut the child out and feed it to the dogs. we can only imagine.
The advice given her, coming from mainstream society may be... "GET RID OF IT."
On the other hand there may be another factor - a more personal and ethical one - one that's actually core - a built in conscience... a moral compass. if you will... that says, it's a life. It's not their fault. Why harm him, or her.
So advice from another source, contrary to mainstream, may actually, and in many cases, have proven to be a help to that young girl, in making a decision that she was happy in making, both in behalf of a good conscience, and a son, or daughter... and if God is in the picture... yes, him too.

What you mentioned about an "issue that needs help", is key.
The question is, what help is needed. Is it the help mainstream society recommends, which may be warped by a "Do whatever you want" ideology, or is it the help recommended by a minority factor that are viewed as "too restrictive".

However we look at it, man chooses to do what he thinks is right for him.
A wise man once said, "There is a way that appears to be right, but in the end it leads to death."
What we may think is okay, may not be okay, and might well be manifest to us. Although, it may take time for some to see, based on the fact that societies are shaped by mainstream views.
What else would you suggest? No-one knows what really causes this problem and transitioning is the best way we as a society have to diminish it. It's not hurting anyone. I've heard more personal stories of people before transitioning who had deliberately destructive behaviour both internal and external, which went away after transitioning. Suicidal feelings going away. Depression being lifted. Overall confidence skyrocketing. These are things we should encourage.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Your description is inaccurate. When a trans woman transitions, this isn't "a man wanting to be a woman;" this is a woman expressing her gender identity.
What scientific data says it's a she?
Why do the doctors declare a "she" to be a he?

And yes: it's fine for anyone - trans, cis or otherwise - to express their gender as they see fit.
You think it's okay. Okay.
I understand your views about morality, So, okay.

PureX

Veteran Member
Your thoughts...
You're inviting me to stand in judgment of my fellow humans, unnecessarily. And I don't feel it's my place to do that. I have no special knowledge or insight that would make my opinion of this subject especially relevant to others.

I feel compassion for those who's bodies do not reflect their sense of self on such an elemental, physical level. I hope they can find a solution that gives them joy and peace.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
This is a very sensitive issue, especially now when gender issues are out in the open and freely discussed. We can understand the painful dilemma of those trapped in the body of the opposite gender that, in their head means that they are offended by their own body. Their biological gender feels all wrong.

In a world saturated with chemicals that can act as endocrine disruptors we can understand how these might affects hormones and cause all manner of problems. It is good to consider what might be at the base of this increasingly common problem.

I thought this article was informative....
Dirty Dozen Endocrine Disruptors
Trans people have been around since times of antiquity.

nPeace

Veteran Member
What else would you suggest? No-one knows what really causes this problem and transitioning is the best way we as a society have to diminish it. It's not hurting anyone. I've heard more personal stories of people before transitioning who had deliberately destructive behaviour both internal and external, which went away after transitioning. Suicidal feelings going away. Depression being lifted. Overall confidence skyrocketing. These are things we should encourage.
I know of persons - many - who felt / or had feeling that went contrary to what was.
The help they got was mental, or psychological, and they are thankful today, living as they are.
What's interesting about that, is that the help was actually Bible based. interesting uh?

In fact, the example I used earlier, happens often, and all those who chose the advice in conjunction with conscience, are happy today.
Our feelings, emotions, can get the better of us, if we allow them to override, our most useful gift - the mind, or, as some prefer, our brains.

However, if our minds are not properly trained, it is understandable, why doing whatever our desires drive us to, will be our choice.