• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's offensive to NOT wear a Hijab? Shame on Miss Michigan?

David T

Premium Member
She got what she deserved. If she going to spout off like a mini-Ann Coulter on Twitter and make controversial remarks regarding race, religion and politics then she needs to face the consequences of her remarks. What part of speech has consequences do you not understand, so I may explain it to you?
A company canned her for blabbering nonsense. Hell if she said the opposite end of the spectrum we would have equal complaints. Because she would be fired for that too. No what ecer i feel like saying in companies. Apparently no one here on this site has ever worked in management.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Beauty pageants as a whole sicken me and I don't really know why anyone cares what the people who take part in them think or say.

SugarOcean

¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS
I believe it. College campuses are becoming Left wing indoctrination centers now. Jerry Seinfeld's daughter went to university. He said he won't play college campuses anymore because there are rules against humor.
His daughter came home on a break. Her mom asked, so honey have you met any nice boys?
The daughters response? Oh mom, that's so sexist!

The hijab thing was her right. And I agree with her observation about the Hijab "try on" booth . What? It was mandatory to try on a Hijab? Here be ashamed you're a woman, dress like a Hefty trash bag with eye cutouts. Because the Muslim man is such a rutting dog that if he see's your form he'll be enticed to rape you.

Yeah, that's the gist of the whole reason for a Hijab. Women owe it to their sense of modesty not to tempt men to act like animals.
And in Islam, under Sharia, when a Muslim woman is raped, in Sharia courts her testimony under any circumstances is valued at half the credibility of a man. So if a woman who is raped testifies she did nothing to "deserve" being raped and she has no witnesses on her side, but the rapist claims she tempted him, his testimony is valued at full value. And his word wins in court.
Then his victim is murdered for being raped. And he lives to rape again.
Family honor restored and all that. You know, because a raped woman brings dishonor to her family, while the rapists family is unaffected.
Religion of peace. Yep, countless beheaded, stoned, and shot Muslim women rape victims can testify to that one.

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
I believe it. College campuses are becoming Left wing indoctrination centers now. Jerry Seinfeld's daughter went to university. He said he won't play college campuses anymore because there are rules against humor.
His daughter came home on a break. Her mom asked, so honey have you met any nice boys?
The daughters response? Oh mom, that's so sexist!

The hijab thing was her right. And I agree with her observation about the Hijab "try on" booth . What? It was mandatory to try on a Hijab? Here be ashamed you're a woman, dress like a Hefty trash bag with eye cutouts. Because the Muslim man is such a rutting dog that if he see's your form he'll be enticed to rape you.

Yeah, that's the gist of the whole reason for a Hijab. Women owe it to their sense of modesty not to tempt men to act like animals.
And in Islam, under Sharia, when a Muslim woman is raped, in Sharia courts her testimony under any circumstances is valued at half the credibility of a man. So if a woman who is raped testifies she did nothing to "deserve" being raped and she has no witnesses on her side, but the rapist claims she tempted him, his testimony is valued at full value. And his word wins in court.
Then his victim is murdered for being raped. And he lives to rape again.
Family honor restored and all that. You know, because a raped woman brings dishonor to her family, while the rapists family is unaffected.
Religion of peace. Yep, countless beheaded, stoned, and shot Muslim women rape victims can testify to that one.
She had one job.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Yes, like an imaginary hoard of "PC leftists".

I have a feeling this has a lot less to do with "angry PC police" and more to do with the pageant organizer overreacting simply to avoid attracting any potential negative media attention or controversy (which it got anyway).

Wasp

The hijab thing was her right. And I agree with her observation about the Hijab "try on" booth . What? It was mandatory to try on a Hijab? Here be ashamed you're a woman, dress like a Hefty trash bag with eye cutouts.
Sounds like you're trying to describe a lot more than just a Hijab.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
she got fired because she made controversial and offensive remarks

And I repeat myself, what were the specific remarks? The firing may be justified.
Would her tweets have been worse than Trump his famous quote "I grab them by the puzzy?". I doubt it.

If they have such high "tweet standards" for a 20 year old girl, they better update "presidential tweet standards" also

How can you expect a girl to act different if her president sets the precedent?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The OP is misleading, she didn't get fired for not wearing a hijab. She got fired for being a political gadfly on twitter and making controversial remarks that were against pageant policy. She had one job. She sucked at it and got fired. End of story.
That does look to be the case. But from the start I said it is how she said what she is accused of saying that matters. If she said she would not wear the hijab for religious reasons that would have been acceptable. That was not what she did.