• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there a clear distinction between being straight or gay?

blackout

Violet.
I did not realize my bi-sexuality ...
(my attraction for women)
until my late 30's,
when I finally began learning to love MY SELF,
my own woman.

A Roman Catholic upbringing had always made masterbation
this taboo thing in my life.
While I tried it a bit from time to time,
I could not get comfortable,
with my self, with touching my self, enjoying myself...
and if you're not comfortable.... well.....
it just doesn't work.

It wasn't until I came to love and embrace my self
physically, spiritually, mentally, emotionally...
sensually & sexually
IN TOTALITY...
that I realized my sexual attraction for other women.

Happily... this realization... has led to REALization...
(in a relatively short time as well... though I wasn't "looking")
and I feel complete now, and loved, as I never have been before.

Female love completes me.

Last edited:

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
I'm a man. I've never met a man that I fancy but I imagine it is possible.

For those who have a problem with homosexuality -How could you know that you'll never fancy someone of the same sex?
Why did it occur to you in the first place?

I've always known that I can find both males and females attractive, since being very young - my first memory of liking either one is around the same age - about 11 or 12 or so.

And I see it's obvious you've never met me before ;) :p

Reiðrœska

Voice deeper than Thor's
Is love greed?

Is it greedy to have a deep appreciation and desire for more than one thing in your life?

Do you speak so haughtily of people who maybe...
play two instruments?
(string & percussion?)
have two children?
(perhaps boy and girl?)
buy two different cars?
(sport and sedan?)
have and love two pets?
(cat & dog?)

Why on earth is love and appreciation of two...
diversity... multiplicity....
such a despicable thing to you?

I'm sorry I seem to have come across so seriously. I'm bisexual myself, I was just joking. :rainbow: (And I'm also sorry to the other person who quoted me but failed to find me humourous (which is no doubt more my fault than yours)!).

By the way, UltraViolet, that was VERY poetic. I sometimes wish I were a little more... senstive. Nothing I say seems to sound nice lol.

Edit: I'm not really being on topic! Slightly more on topic: I find the female body more attractive, but the idea of having a boyfriend always seems to be more attractive to me when I think about it.

Last edited:

blackout

Violet.
Reiðrœska;1292229 said:
I'm sorry I seem to have come across so seriously. I'm bisexual myself, I was just joking. :rainbow: (And I'm also sorry to the other person who quoted me but failed to find me humourous (which is no doubt more my fault than yours)!).

By the way, UltraViolet, that was VERY poetic. I sometimes wish I were a little more... senstive. Nothing I say seems to sound nice lol.

Edit: I'm not really being on topic! Slightly more on topic: I find the female body more attractive, but the idea of having a boyfriend always seems to be more attractive to me when I think about it.

Awwww....
I imagine your missing smiley would have probably provided the missing clue. ;)
With all the truly stupid comments out there re. bisexuality and all...
your joke was just ASKING for misinterpretation!:D

Sorry I/we (I'm sure I can speak for Nanda here as well) got you wrong.

oh... and Welcome to RF. :p

EDIT: nope. apparantely Nanda DID get your joke*.
I'm beginning to think I'm the one who can't read! :areyoucra

*which just demonstrates how it's generally not good to speak for other people.:flirt:

Last edited:

kai

ragamuffin
well from my point of view i love women ,i love thier smell , their shape , the tone of thier voice everthing about them. i find them atractive in every way, men------- are ok to drink and fight with.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Of course there's a clear distinction between straight and gay. Kinsey was wrong.

Ashley-Yin

Im a happy little Lesbian
dunno if this helps or not

i used to think i was bi then i realised i am a lesbian

i still can find guys attractive(pretty looking) nothin to do with wanting sex just in case someones thinking that.

so what im sayin is ive dated hetro girls a gay guy hung around far too many hetro guys and more recently made lesbian friends one of wich i fallen in love with. for those of you who dont get it i love the way lesbians think because i think the same way and as par of my signiture sugests i wont be happy with anyone other than a lebian.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
My reply to the OP title is too small such that the system won't allow it to be posted.

It's "Yes."

Last edited:

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I've known a number of bi-identified women who actually were/are bi, but I've never met a guy who identified himself as 'bi' who wasn't actually gay.

keithnurse

I'm a gay man. It's like what Blanch Deveraux said "A man has so much more to offer, you know what I mean Dorothy?" I personally am attracted to men, to the shape of a mans body, the way he walks, smells, talks, especially a man whose shoulders are broader than his hips. I like the way it feels to touch and be touched by a man. I have had fleeting physical attractions to women but never enough to actually have intercourse. I have received oral fellatio from women a couple of times and they were fantastic but I couldn't do anything else sexually with them. I have read that some men only like men and other like only women and some bisexual men prefer women and other bisexual men prefer men but because they erotically respond to both genders that makes them bisexual.

keithnurse

I've known a number of bi-identified women who actually were/are bi, but I've never met a guy who identified himself as 'bi' who wasn't actually gay.
I've known men who really are bi. One I know prefers women usually but likes to get it on with a man occasionally. I know other bi men who prefer guys but because he is also attracted to women that makes him, by definition, bisexual.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I also know a bi-sexual man.

He swings both ways..he enjoys both.

He "seems gay"..(yes in the stereo typical way)..

But he is attracted to both male and female..

Love

Dallas

Smoke

Done here.
I'm not arguing against whether or not sexuality is genetic (of course it is, to a degree)(although now we have seven-year-olds saying they are homosexual, which is stupid and doesn't make sense).
Sure it does. If a seven year old boy likes girls, or a seven year old girl likes boys, nobody says it's just stupid and doesn't make sense. I do not, of course, think that children should be sexually active, but I have been sexually attracted to other males as long as I can remember -- in other words, at least since I was two years old.

As for the OP, I think sexuality and sexual preference is a continuum, and it's a rare individual who has no attraction at all to one sex or the other. I am occasionally attracted to women, but I mean very occasionally. I'm attracted to men everywhere I turn. :D

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I don't have an answer to the OP because I can only speak from personal experience. So far as I recall, I've never felt passion for a man. But I have felt passion for several women. Yet, who knows what will happen tomorrow? I'm too old to think anything is ever 100% certain.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
sexuality is a spectrum... some people are at either end (100% hetero/ 100% 'gay') but a lot of people fall in varying degrees in the middle.

I don't think there is a clear distinction between the two ends, though there is a clear distinction within individuals.

I'm happy in the broad grey fuzzy area. :D

wa:do