• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there a clear distinction between being straight or gay?

rheff78

I'm your huckleberry.
Wow, you know how I KNOW I'll never fancy a man? Have you seen what men look like naked? it's not a pretty sight. Guys, face it, we got the short end of the stick on looks while being naked. Even a lot of straight women will tell you this.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Wow, you know how I KNOW I'll never fancy a man? Have you seen what men look like naked? it's not a pretty sight. Guys, face it, we got the short end of the stick on looks while being naked. Even a lot of straight women will tell you this.

You obviously haven't seen me naked, then. :cool:

texan1

I wonder if the distinction lies in the relationships? Like for example, I am heterosexual and happily married to a man. But I kind of agree with rheff that women in many ways are more aesthetically pleasing and have certainly been involved in my sexual fantasies. :eek:

I might be turned on by a woman, and given the choice would much rather go to a gentleman's strip club than to the Chippendales. However, I would never seek a relationship with a woman. A lesbian on the other hand would seek much more than sex. They would probably want a fully developed, longer term relationship with a woman. Does that make sense?

Mike182

Flaming Queer
meh, eye of the beholder and all that.

rheff78

I'm your huckleberry.
meh, eye of the beholder and all that.

Mike, seriously? I swear, as Dallas has attested to, women will say men do not look good naked. I know a few gay men that say the same thing. It's just not as asthetically pleasing to the eye.

blackout

Violet.

I dunno, it always looks to me as if men have the long end of the stick while naked.;)

I will now leave this thread before I get myself in trouble...:run:

Ashley-Yin

Im a happy little Lesbian
This is so incorrect. If someone is sexually ambivalent, you don't automatically label them 'bi-sexual'. The way we categorize people is crude and insulting.

What if someone was sexually abused? That would certainly bring up hesitations towards sex. Some people are naturally uncomfortable about sex. These things don't qualify them as NOT BEING HETEROSEXUAL.

It's so stupid to say that confused = bisexual. That is the 100% wrong answer.

This is the problem I have with our current view of sexuality. We want to put it into four little boxes (hetero, homo, bi, trans) when in reality the latter two are hardly consistent, if at all. Why isn't it possible, as Stephen is possibly suggesting, that it is POSSIBLE for most people to swing one way or the other.

Say you're a man, isolated from women for 20 YEARS! Does that not increase the chance that he will find himself attracted to men? And if a girl grows up with a strong father and is blessed with having extremely positive relationships with boys, does that not make it more likely that she will not consider homosexuality as an option?

I'm not arguing against whether or not sexuality is genetic (of course it is, to a degree)(although now we have seven-year-olds saying they are homosexual, which is stupid and doesn't make sense). I'm arguing that environment CERTAINLY is a huge factor in whether or not homosexuality is considered. Consideration does indeed play a huge role in whether or not someone adopts a homosexual lifestyle.

So with that in mind, how do you know that you (if you are a heterosexual) would never at any point consider homosexuality? And even if you think you know the answer, how do you know that, if your life had been different, you might answer differently?

ive known i was bi since nursery if i was asked i would have said i was attracted to boys & girls so i dont see what dosent make sense about a kid 3-4 years older vocalizing their attraction.

just for the stats: i am a ts woman(still male as you can see from pic) that finds women more attractive
generally, i wonder if that will change at all.

its amazing how many different sexualities and genders there are.
as well lots of people consider transsexuality to be purley about gender.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
I'm not arguing against whether or not sexuality is genetic (of course it is, to a degree
crossed_fingers.gif
although now we have seven-year-olds saying they are homosexual, which is stupid and doesn't make sense).
Can I ask why you don't think that makes any sense?

I've been a bit of a flip flop really.

While at school 2 very close friends were dating and I was attracted to the both of them...

Reiðrœska

Voice deeper than Thor's
This is so incorrect. If someone is sexually ambivalent, you don't automatically label them 'bi-sexual'. The way we categorize people is crude and insulting.

What if someone was sexually abused? That would certainly bring up hesitations towards sex. Some people are naturally uncomfortable about sex. These things don't qualify them as NOT BEING HETEROSEXUAL.

It's so stupid to say that confused = bisexual. That is the 100% wrong answer.

This is the problem I have with our current view of sexuality. We want to put it into four little boxes (hetero, homo, bi, trans) when in reality the latter two are hardly consistent, if at all. Why isn't it possible, as Stephen is possibly suggesting, that it is POSSIBLE for most people to swing one way or the other.

Say you're a man, isolated from women for 20 YEARS! Does that not increase the chance that he will find himself attracted to men? And if a girl grows up with a strong father and is blessed with having extremely positive relationships with boys, does that not make it more likely that she will not consider homosexuality as an option?

I'm not arguing against whether or not sexuality is genetic (of course it is, to a degree)(although now we have seven-year-olds saying they are homosexual, which is stupid and doesn't make sense). I'm arguing that environment CERTAINLY is a huge factor in whether or not homosexuality is considered. Consideration does indeed play a huge role in whether or not someone adopts a homosexual lifestyle.

So with that in mind, how do you know that you (if you are a heterosexual) would never at any point consider homosexuality? And even if you think you know the answer, how do you know that, if your life had been different, you might answer differently?

QFT.

Bisexuality isn't not knowing what you want. It's being greedy. :p

Nanda

Polyanna
(of course it is, to a degree)(although now we have seven-year-olds saying they are homosexual, which is stupid and doesn't make sense).

Why doesn't it make sense? I knew I liked other girls by the time I was five.

Nanda

Polyanna
Reiðrœska;1291455 said:

Ugh. That would be funny if I hadn't been told that in all seriousness so many times before...

blackout

Violet.
Originally Posted by Reiðrœska

Is love greed?

Is it greedy to have a deep appreciation and desire for more than one thing in your life?

Do you speak so haughtily of people who maybe...
play two instruments?
(string & percussion?)
have two children?
(perhaps boy and girl?)
buy two different cars?
(sport and sedan?)
have and love two pets?
(cat & dog?)

Why on earth is love and appreciation of two...
diversity... multiplicity....
such a despicable thing to you?

Last edited:

Circle_One

Why doesn't it make sense? I knew I liked other girls by the time I was five.

I agree.

Why would it make more sense for a child to say they were attracted to the opposite sex rather than the same sex? What's the difference?