• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it time to punish false accusers of rape/sexual assault?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
In civil law systems the burden of proof is always on the accuser.

There are and there have been deceitful women who have deliberately lied saying to be sexually assaulted whereas it was only a hug or something like that.

Lying\Defamation is as grave as sexual assault

Yes, the accuser should always be able to show proof of their accusation.

An unwanted hug can be seen as assault, even sexual assault.

I loath liers, but i can assume, unlike your sister, that you have never been sexually assaulted... Do not minimise the atrocity by comparing it with telling lies. We are not only talking of unwanted hugs here but traumatic events that could effect the abused for life.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
An unwanted hug can be seen as assault, even sexual assault.
I should have reported tens of female schoolmates...
u can't even imagine how bothersome it is to be touched by females when u're not into them.
a couple of them used to having fun tickling me since I'm very ticklish.
It was NOT pleasant, trust me

oh wait...I bet u want to present a double standards argument...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I would worry that what you mean is that if someone is found not-guilty, the accuser should face consrquences.
To be found not guilty means only that there was reasonable doubt of guilt.
It does not mean that the accused was innocent, & that witnesses or accusers lied.

Curious George

Veteran Member
To be found not guilty means only that there was reasonable doubt of guilt.
It does not mean that the accused was innocent, & that witnesses or accusers lied.
Yes the same is true with lesser standards. For example, if a landlord successfully defends against a claimant by the preponderance of the evidence, then it is not conclusive that the claimant was not wrong. Merely that the claimant could not provide the necessary proof that they were.

Hence, loser pays systems are not necessarily just.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
This is a recent phenomenon-

Indeed, it is well known to informed, rational people that before the 1963 publication of The Feminine Mystique there were absolutely no recorded instances of false accusations of rape/sexual assault in the history of the world. For that matter, there were no recorded instances of false accusations of any crimes of any kind before that date. I put it down to Betty Friedan being a lesbian. Or at least, she would have been a lesbian, if she'd been one. So there, liberals!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
u can't even imagine how bothersome it is to be touched by females when u're not into them.

What makes you think that? Oh right you are making bs up again by guessing.

So why didnt you report sexual harassment?

Oh and once again i see you have not so skillfully cherty picked and sidestepped

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
If one can prove beyond reasonable doubt the accusation is false, perhaps.
But like other posters have said, that already would come under existing libel laws. At least where I live.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes the same is true with lesser standards. For example, if a landlord successfully defends against a claimant by the preponderance of the evidence, then it is not conclusive that the claimant was not wrong. Merely that the claimant could not provide the necessary proof that they were.

Hence, loser pays systems are not necessarily just.
I won't respond because it would derail the thread.
Civil & criminal trials are too different.

Curious George

Veteran Member

I certainly do not want to present a double standard argument. I recognize that men and boys can be sexually assaulted and raped. In fact, such is all too common. And excepting the instances of male on male rape, (and sometimes even then), these experiences are often brushed aside.

That said, how we are socialized does in part affect how we handle and cope with such experiences. Beyond that, we are individuals. What may be traumatic for one is not necessarily traumatic for another. So, if you believe you should have reported, i will agree. If you say you suffered, I can accept that. But just because you did not does not mean others should not. Just because you suffered does not mean others should suffer.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I certainly do not want to present a double standard argument. I recognize that men and boys can be sexually assaulted and raped. In fact, such is all too common. And excepting the instances of male on male rape, (and sometimes even then), these experiences are often brushed aside.

That said, how we are socialized does in part affect how we handle and cope with such experiences. Beyond that, we are individuals. What may be traumatic for one is not necessarily traumatic for another. So, if you believe you should have reported, i will agree. If you say you suffered, I can accept that. But just because you did not does not mean others should not. Just because you suffered does not mean others should suffer.

I'm sorry...you inevitably fall into the double standards point

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
That is interesting. Why do you feel that way?
EBM started this thread through a juridic analysis.
The penal juridic science bases itself on objective elements not on subjective sensation,
A hug is not a crime regardless of your subjective dimension.

Earthling

David Henson
To answer the question in the subject heading of the OP, yes. It's time. False accusers are either ignorant or too arrogant to realize the harm they do. If they knew they would be punished they would hesitate. They should be heavily punished.

Shad

Veteran Member
The problem is the victim of false accusations losing everything before finding vindication. Imagine losing your job, income, and everything behind the accusations of someone and having to spend more money to get counsel by for the average person by the time this happens you're in a worse condition before it gets better.

They can sue for wrongful termination and libel/slander.

I think you are conflating issues here. It is not solely the rape accusation which is the problem but people treating every claim of rape like the gospel then joining the social media mob which bullies anyone that does not accept said gospel be it a person or business. IE stupid people acting like herd animals.

Last edited:

Curious George

Veteran Member
EBM started this thread through a juridic analysis.
The penal juridic science bases itself on objective elements not on subjective sensation,
A hug is not a crime regardless of your subjective dimension.
Well i think you might be mistaken if you believe a hug can never be criminal. However, that wasn't my assertion. My assertion was that if you believe you should have reported, then by all means you should have.