• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it time to punish false accusers of rape/sexual assault?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
. It's easy to not rape, just as it's easy to not kill people, but women get "how to avoid rape" talks instead of "don't rape" conversations happening. .
Nowadays girls tend to sleep with anyone...their promiscuity has reached very high levels...so rape is something of the past....I'd say

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Nowadays girls tend to sleep with anyone...their promiscuity has reached very high levels...so rape is something of the past....I'd say
:facepalm:
When you asked my why people think you're a misogynist, this post is a very fine example of why people think that. No, girls aren't sleeping with "anyone," and even if a woman does sleep with tons of guys if she says no to one and he has sex with her anyways that is rape.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
:facepalm:
When you asked my why people think you're a misogynist, this post is a very fine example of why people think that. No, girls aren't sleeping with "anyone," and even if a woman does sleep with tons of guys if she says no to one and he has sex with her anyways that is rape.
What I meant is that desperate horny guys don't rape but go for nymphos....who will sleep with anyone.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
What I meant is that desperate horny guys don't rape but go for nymphos....who will sleep with anyone.
That is not at all what you said. You said, "girls sleep with anyone...so rape is a thing of the past." That has absolutely nothing to do with "horny guys and nymphos."

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Men get no "don't rape" talks.

This boils my blood because my very profession brings me into contact and counsel of young boys being sexually molested. I've counsel young men who have had a criminal past of sexual assault in regards to behavioral modification therapy. The thing is men shouldn't get "don't rape" talks, men should get an egalitarian approach to the matter regarding respecting the bodies of people male or female, gay or straight. The thing is my nature as a man should not be defined by rape and therefore by me being a man I am in no position to get a "don't rape" talk no more than a woman should get a "stop being a gold digger, and liar" discussion. This is called home training and it begins when kids are young gender is not a contingency.

I'm not. Women get plenty of "avoiding rape" talks.

This is your assumption which I'm sure is anecdotal but from my vantage point I don't see it. Your truth, not mine.

But once I began to transition, and socialize as a female, with other women, the subject of rape came up within the first year, and it didn't focus on the fact that men have to make the decision and go through with it but rather that women need to take steps to reduce their chances of being raped. Men have no equivalent when it comes to avoiding and staying away from women who seem like they are going to be problematic.

Ok. What about young boys being sexually assault by their female teachers? What about gay male rape? Or rape in prison? Where are the discussions about that? Doesn't seem fair you address these issues and not the other simply because you identify as a female.

So? Where there are buyers there are sellers. That has nothing to do with women but men who are willing to part with their money for the company of a woman.

Ah I see. So it's okay to have websites to place women in situations where they have ulterior motives and disingenuous interest that can potentially ruin someone's life. So it's okay to educate me and speak out and tell me "not to rape" yet you cannot speak on women to not make a mockery out of the justice system by putting themselves in a position to ruin someone's lives? I see the goal post moving further and further. This is why movements like #BelieveWomen get criticized because these ideals create double standards. I suppose you didn't read the story of Brian Banks but here you go:

$2.6M Judgment in Brian Banks False Rape Case

Education goes both ways. If rape is an issue amongst women then women need to educate other women especially those that dabble in the circles of celebrities to be mentally vigilant. Look at the Chris Brown situation. If you know Chris Brown is a drug user and does cocaine and you are worried about being raped then perhaps going alone in a hotel being amongst other men is not the best ideal position. Trying to get someone to respect your body while they're under the influence is not something logical. Again this is called (in the words of my mother) home training. I know for sure I'll educate my daughter to use proper judgment and avoid situations where it would seem unsafe as well as my son.

I addressed that early when I mentioned that it viewed as a demerit against a man's masculinity if he complains. And then I went on to say we don't live in an ideal world, so the best we are left with for now is "avoiding rape" and "don't rape/keep your hands to yourself." I was even pretty clear there is the "ideal world" of bubbles, rainbows, and unicorns that we don't live in, and the "real world" we do live in. The ideal world would be equal and even. The real world isn't. We won't have ideal before we're dead, so we must learn to live in the world we have.

"Idealness" is not what's in question here, it is the fact that your position of telling "boys" what to do as if "rape" or sexual assault is a part of their nature. Gender is not a contingency to educate someone on matters. Here is that axiom of my mother's again, it's all about home training. People being taught to respect and keep their hands to themselves starts at home.

Speaking on rape an interesting article in relation to the thread:

FactCheck: Men are more likely to be raped than be falsely accused of rape

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
That is not at all what you said. You said, "girls sleep with anyone...so rape is a thing of the past." That has absolutely nothing to do with "horny guys and nymphos."

You're into girls.
I can suspect you have bias towards the male gender
since u accuse me of being a misogynist

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You're into girls.
Not really. I tried to make myself into girls when I was trying to not be me, and then I tried to hold on to that, but as I became more comfortable with myself I stopped pretending and just let the attraction I've always had for men be what it is. It felt like a great relief to, because even my brother acknowledged I don't "look at women like that." That lie is done, no more, and I'm better for not living it anymore.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Not really. I tried to make myself into girls when I was trying to not be me, and then I tried to hold on to that, but as I became more comfortable with myself I stopped pretending and just let the attraction I've always had for men be what it is. It felt like a great relief to, because even my brother acknowledged I don't "look at women like that." That lie is done, no more, and I'm better for not living it anymore.
That's not the issue...you don't sound comfortable speaking of men and their standpoint.

I've had tons of boyfriends...in them I've never found a sparkle of male dangerousness or male toxicity you often speak of.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The thing is men shouldn't get "don't rape" talks, men should get an egalitarian approach to the matter regarding respecting the bodies of people male or female, gay or straight.
What egalitarian approach would address the fact women get "don't get raped" talks while men don't even get "don't rape" talks?
This boils my blood because my very profession brings me into contact and counsel of young boys being sexually molested.
I'm in the same field. I realize that "don't rape," or a rough equivalent, is not suitable for all (an exhibitionist client I had took orders of not revealing himself as a challenge) (and I too have worked with young boys who were sexually molested). But at the same time I am very aware the discussion of rape is a very one sided subject, with the subject very heavily falling on women. Men commit the bulk majority of sex crimes, yet men are generally not made to concern themselves with that. Women, however, are.
Any egalitarian approach must require men to acknowledge that women speaking against rape is not an attack against men, women speaking up against rape is not a men's issue that spells disaster for men, and it must start with men doing their part. Women are taught how to make makeshift weapons to defend themselves. Men are taught boys will be boys. If you want an egalitarian approach, it must acknowledge rape as a subject that both sexes have to work towards addressing. Women have long been doing their part. Men, not so much. This thread even shows us that there are still those who believe a promiscuous woman can't be raped.
And consider my experience as a transwoman isn't unusual. Lots of male-to-female transgender people are never involved with a discussion that involves rape until they transitioned and began living and socializing as female. Rape wasn't even a concern or on their mind until they transitioned.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That's not the issue...you don't sound comfortable speaking of men and their standpoint.
Considering the topic is about rape, it's not a pleasant topic. I'm comfortable around men (most of them, anyways), and have no problems with a man because he is a man. But it's not a pleasant topic at hand.
And keep in mind I'm coming at this from a position few get to experience. Such as the topic of rape suddenly coming up way more frequently once I started transitioning. Rape just is not discussed with men like it is with women.
I've had tons of boyfriends...in them I've never found a sparkle of male dangerousness or male toxicity you often speak of.
You've also mentioned how you don't think some abusive behaviors and language aren't abusive. You've even implied you would rape your brother if you had one, and you've said you'd be a homewrecker if you were a girl. And if you think "rape is a thing of the past," of course you probably won't see any danger signs even if they are there. You've stated approval/no problems with toxic masculinity, so how would you find it?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
. You've even implied you would rape your brother if you had one, and you've said you'd be a homewrecker if you were a girl. And if you think "rape is a thing of the past," of course you probably won't see any danger signs even if they are there. You've stated approval/no problems with toxic masculinity, so how would you find it?
no...I didn't say that...I did say if I had had a male brother...and cute...I wouldn't mind being "raped" by him...

since you brought it up...my 2 sisters have always been very popular and have always dressed like hookers...no man has ever tried to rape them

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
What egalitarian approach would address the fact women get "don't get raped" talks while men don't even get "don't rape" talks?

First question to you is where are you hearing this? I'm not hearing this either in my immediate social circle or even academic circle and even my outer circle so you'd have to narrow down where this type of discussion is coming from.

But at the same time I am very aware the discussion of rape is a very one sided subject, with the subject very heavily falling on women. Men commit the bulk majority of sex crimes, yet men are generally not made to concern themselves with that.

First, you're speaking from a biased perspective and although you may draw out the statistical truth regarding sex crimes, this thread isn't about what men or women do, it is about punishing people with deliberate false allegations. Second, I understand this compels to make this one-sided but I again reiterate that the conversation I'm having is entirely different than what you're talking about.

Any egalitarian approach must require men to acknowledge that women speaking against rape is not an attack against men, women speaking up against rape is not a men's issue that spells disaster for men, and it must start with men doing their part.

False. Any egalitarian position requires all people to acknowledge and speak out against any form of harm regardless of the gender of the person that is being harmed (or the one doing the harming) otherwise targeting specific demographics to speak out isn't egalitarian. Rape is not a "male issue" and you'd be a misandrist to think so. Rape is a power issue in which men and women can be susceptible to as we see the sexual assault cases among female teachers and male students. Any form of harm is a problem for both genders regardless which gender perpetuates that. That is the egalitarian approach and regardless of the statistical evidence henceforth, we must addressed this multi-faceted.

If you want an egalitarian approach, it must acknowledge rape as a subject that both sexes have to work towards addressing.

I believe I made that clear earlier.

Women have long been doing their part. Men, not so much.

Right. These are the same women who talks about fighting for women's rights that have fallen silent to African-American women who have faced racism and sexism from the white establishment. Please you do not want to go there in this thread. The same women's rights that tout Margaret Sanger who talked about eugenics in the African-American community. The women's rights community has a complex history one, I wish to not get involved here. but men not so much? I guess civil rights leaders some who happen to be men were not fighting for civil rights for all people. Men and women have been in the fight for years.

This thread even shows us that there are still those who believe a promiscuous woman can't be raped.
And consider my experience as a transwoman isn't unusual. Lots of male-to-female transgender people are never involved with a discussion that involves rape until they transitioned and began living and socializing as female. Rape wasn't even a concern or on their mind until they transitioned.

I feel you're allowing your own personal experience to weigh in on judgment on the issue in a biased way instead of looking at it from several positions. Your views have value as well as your experiences and you do offer a unique perspective as a transwoman, but I fear that your personal bias overshadows the current subject. For example I personally never mentioned anything about a promiscuous woman being raped (or not raped). So although I respect your passion on the subject I think your target is off.

Shad

Veteran Member
Ok, but it doesn't make you an expert in this case. I would need written proof of your claims henceforth concern employment law.

At-Will Employment and Wrongful Termination - FindLaw
At-Will Employee FAQ's - FindLaw
Wrongful Termination: Was Your Firing Illegal?

Again the burden of proof in this matter is on the person that has been wrongfully terminated. This person would have to prove not just criminally, but also to the occupation that the accusation was false. Even then with the amount of money you spend with legal fees and the time loss you are better off getting another job than sit there and fight it out. Things of this nature is best left for people with money not people like you or I. Jobs can find bogus reasons to not hire you back unless the hospital is clearly in the wrong.

One can get a new job and file a suit. It does not need to be one or another. Sure filing a case and getting lawyer can be costly but that can really depend on the lawyer/firm you hire and how strong the case is. However this is applicable to a most civil cases anyways thus far more reflective of existing systems. At the core the At Will laws

Well if you haven't learned from the situation with Kavanaugh as springboard in the case of potential false accusations then I don't know what to tell you.

Oh I know full well. However I am accounting for the mob that has zero principles. Ford didn't make people ignore due process, evidence nor complete lack of corroboration.

Mob mentality does matter in cases of social media. Social media is a powerful tool.

Sure. However a part of the problem is many platform of social media like Twitter hold double standards or complete lack principles regarding moderation. The government needs to force those organization to pick between being a platform or publisher. It can not be both. This can reduce the impact of the mob as the mob isn't being supported by leftists that turn a blind eye.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/wrongful-termination-was-firing-illegal-32282.html

I have patient charts to read. Where within that does it specifically denote in the case of the thread?

One can get a new job and file a suit. It does not need to be one or another. Sure filing a case and getting lawyer can be costly but that can really depend on the lawyer/firm you hire and how strong the case is. However this is applicable to a most civil cases anyways thus far more reflective of existing systems. At the core the At Will laws.

Time is based on a lot of factors one of which depends on the skill set of the one terminated. The case is far more difficult than you think.

Oh I know full well. However I am accounting for the mob that has zero principles. Ford didn't make people ignore due process, evidence nor complete lack of corroboration.

We don't have to take the MOB's principles into account. I'm sure any news outlet could make you look like a villain and have people believe it.

Sure. However a part of the problem is many platform of social media like Twitter hold double standards or complete lack principles regarding moderation. The government needs to force those organization to pick between being a platform or publisher. It can not be both. This can reduce the impact of the mob as the mob isn't being supported by leftists that turn a blind eye.

I thought you were a free speech advocate? Now you're prepared to have government control social media?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Sometimes I think everyone forgets I am a foreigner and I hardly understand puns, idioms acronyms:D
Don't take this the wrong way.
(Of course, "the wrong way" is the only way it can be taken.)

Sometimes, your posts give me the impression that they have
an outrageous claim which is intended to inflame negative
reactions against you.
I don't want you to change, but I thought you should know.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Don't take this the wrong way.
(Of course, "the wrong way" is the only way it can be taken.)

Sometimes, your posts give me the impression that they have
an outrageous claim which is intended to inflame negative
reactions against you.
I don't want you to change, but I thought you should know.
My sin is that I say what is in my mind....
If I didn't I 'd be a phoney