• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Christianity White supremacy?

ellenjanuary

No, it's about Irish supremacy. Most you "Caucasians" are downright dusky compared to the one true people. :D

No. Co-opted, sure... then again, with 30,000 sects, who knows, what is Christianity. :p

And "hippie Jesus" is just a marketing strategy.

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
No, Christianity is not a front for white supremacy.

images

Ethiopia-Christians.jpg

churches3.jpg

69321699-nigerian-christian.jpg

1e64c961b65d19cbef8470a38959_grande.jpg

christians-korea-prayer-787.jpg

greatmenofgospel.jpg

MIGDALE3924094.jpg

Kathryn christianity.didn't come to africa or the american somoan islands becsuase of the jesus language or the central and south americas so I don't know what those pictures mean.

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
No offense but those of you who say christianity isn't, or hasn't perpetuated white supremacy are either white yourselves or confused. I have actual letters from a christian.magistry who has.instructed his soldiers or viceroys to deceive Africans.in thinking their mission was for the.cause.of Jesus all because he thought africans were savages

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No offense but those of you who say christianity isn't, or hasn't perpetuated white supremacy are either white yourselves or confused. I have actual letters from a christian.magistry who has.instructed his soldiers or viceroys to deceive Africans.in thinking their mission was for the.cause.of Jesus all because he thought africans were savages
I thought the issue is whether or not Christianity is currently a front for white supremacy.
But the historical acts you bring up would also involve stupidity, ignorance, lust for power, inhumanity, fanaticism & big hats.

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
I thought the issue is whether or not Christianity is currently a front for white supremacy.
But the historical acts you bring up would also involve stupidity, ignorance, lust for power, inhumanity, fanaticism & big hats.

Well if you think about it the residual effects of European Christianity has indeed influenced the many cultures abroad. Instead of the indigenous peoples practicing the religion of their forefathers they are practicing what they were "forced" to follow. Because I do not want to make any inaccurate assumptions as to how other nationalities became influenced.by Christianity I will stop here. I can only comment on my own.

For one, Africans in the 1600's didn't practice Catholicism no Baptist Christianity. Majority that came to North America practiced Islam, Paganism, Pantheism, and Animism. Majority of how Christianity was spread in these areas was not about purity of the message, but controlling the people. Even though Christianity of today doesn't outright present itself as racist, the residual effects are still there

kai

ragamuffin
Well if you think about it the residual effects of European Christianity has indeed influenced the many cultures abroad. Instead of the indigenous peoples practicing the religion of their forefathers they are practicing what they were "forced" to follow. Because I do not want to make any inaccurate assumptions as to how other nationalities became influenced.by Christianity I will stop here. I can only comment on my own.

For one, Africans in the 1600's didn't practice Catholicism no Baptist Christianity. Majority that came to North America practiced Islam, Paganism, Pantheism, and Animism. Majority of how Christianity was spread in these areas was not about purity of the message, but controlling the people. Even though Christianity of today doesn't outright present itself as racist, the residual effects are still there

Its a historical fact that Empires took their religions with them and the conquered peoples were unduly influenced by those religions. Can you blame Christianity for the British thinking they were destined to rule the world? Or the French , Germans, or Islam for the Ottomans i mean Islam isn't native to Africa either. religious fervor for Spain in south America or the greed for Gold? or a bit of both?

Its a very complicated subject when you get in to it and full of grey areas.

Last edited:

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
Its a historical fact that Empires took their religions with them and the conquered peoples were unduly influenced by those religions. Can you blame Christianity for the British thinking they were destined to rule the world? Or the French , Germans, or Islam for the Ottomans i mean Islam isn't native to Africa either.south America or the greed for Gold? or a bit of both?

Its a very complicated subject when you get in to it and full of grey areas.

Actually I can blame Christianity. For one, I believe Christianity of today is not the same Christianity as practiced by the aramaic speaking Jewish Christians during Jesus' time. I believe the twisted form of Christianity as it exist today has a Eurocentric flavor thanks to Constantine. But you're right all nations dominated by Christian or Islamic incursion were subject to being influenced by that culture.

As far as Islam is concerned yes Islam wasn't native to Africa and yes there is no evidence that shows the Arab army from Arabia simply had the agenda of spreading Islam.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Some of the earliest Christian communities were in Africa. First century Christian communities.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member

If you really want to pick on the white man, why not look at what we done to the "savages" that inhabited America before we came there. :rolleyes:

From my viewpoint, the savages where the people that lied, cheated, stole and killed native Americans on their journey west.

Actually, once upon a time we all where savages and some of us still are.

The bottom line is, modern day Christianity is not the perceived evil it once was. :no:

You can search for exceptions all you like, but main stream Christianity is not racist in this day and age.

TJ73

All the mentions of Christianity/Islam being different from what they were originally... Of course they are. As times change people adapt their ideas and use them to suit their purposes. If a group has a desire to promote a racist idea and they live in a predominately Christian place and they come from a Christian background then that's the platform they'll use to support them. Another group can use the same theology to promote peace, or homophobia, or drinking cyanide laced juice or soup kitchens. And the evidence will be sufficient for some people to jump on board.

Are these religions the same as they were originally intended or practiced, probably not since like 5 minutes after they were born.

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
Ok addressing so-called "African slavery" before any of you try to make a.comparison has anyone taken.time to study African diaspora? Anyone have any knowledge on the trade agreements between European merchants and African chiefs? I assume not so before we start going down the path of discussing African slavery let us understand that how tribes enslaved people was entirely different that "white slavery."

White slavery annihilated any entire etnic groups language, culture, religion. There is no other ethnic group on this planet historically, that has their entire history wiped out all because of the afront perpetuated by early christian racism. Why else do you see so many "black churches" "hispanic churches " "korean churches" etc?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ok addressing so-called "African slavery" before any of you try to make a.comparison has anyone taken.time to study African diaspora? Anyone have any knowledge on the trade agreements between European merchants and African chiefs? I assume not so before we start going down the path of discussing African slavery let us understand that how tribes enslaved people was entirely different that "white slavery."

White slavery annihilated any entire etnic groups language, culture, religion. There is no other ethnic group on this planet historically, that has their entire history wiped out all because of the afront perpetuated by early christian racism. Why else do you see so many "black churches" "hispanic churches " "korean churches" etc?
Was that Christian racism or just general racism of the times, as exhibited by Christians of the times?
If we now find that Rev Wright & his ilk exhibit racism, does this mean that Christianity is a front for both white & black racism?
Perhaps instead, Christians are creatures of their time...& not everything done by some Christians is because of Christianity.

Last edited:

Gloone

I understand that Africans (black people) owned slaves (other black people) and sold them to white people. Then white people had black slaves and it was eventually abolished because people seen it as being wrong. There are probably people that still practice some form of slavery somewhere. I really don't see racism as a problem except for people that have actually been affected by it. Then it is just a bunch of stuff in the past that isn't relevant to the future unless people really want to make a big a deal about it. I would even say black people in America have it better off today than they did in Africa because they decided to stand up for their freedoms and rights. America just happen to be the place they got a chance to do it like many others. That is how I view it.

kai

ragamuffin

Successful Civilizations assimilate others, thats why theres Hispanic churches and Egyptian mosques. Slavery was an institution from very early times and it has different faces in different ages and its still relevent ,slavery goes on even now in , in fact 2004 was anti slavery year. In my opinion its not a religious thing but a human thing, and men will use any argument to justify thir actions.

and as a matter of interest who is the "whites" you are referring to? do you mean Anglos? or are Christians white? because you see Christianity is a middle Eastern religion certainly not native to the British isles. You may think that those country churches are quaintly British when in fact they done come from these here parts.

Last edited:

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
Successful Civilizations assimilate others, thats why theres Hispanic churches and Egyptian mosques. Slavery was an institution from very early times and it has different faces in different ages and its still relevent ,slavery goes on even now in , in fact 2004 was anti slavery year. In my opinion its not a religious thing but a human thing, and men will use any argument to justify thir actions.

and as a matter of interest who is the "whites" you are referring to? do you mean Anglos? or are Christians white? because you see Christianity is a middle Eastern religion certainly not native to the British isles. You may think that those country churches are quaintly British when in fact they done come from these here parts.

Kai good question.....The whites I am referring to were the active colonialist at the time. The dutch, bristish, french, or predominantly any anglo saxon culture at the time that was influential. Let me say I do not want to aidetrack the thread on go on a.slavery tirade rather just say that Christianity was.used as a front to convert the "heathens."

The reason I brought up black slavery was because it was brought up first here and in many discussions and academic forums on social discourse many of my caucasian counterparts love to tell me "blacks owned slaves" when in fact slavery was entirely different in how African cultures dep't with defeated tribesman and how Europeans dep't with ALL Africans.

Kai I agree in that all conquerored people in all civilzations were subject to culture assimilation but in the case of African Americans not only had.my ancestors assimilated, but our culture, language, religion was annihilated, not to mention the non-acceptance of Africans in Africa (yes many consider us as white washed blacks). Heck my matrilineal DNA puts my direct ancestors somewhere in Germany even though my akin is brown and hair is kinky. My grand mothers mother was raped by her owner which.makes me genetically bi racial.....oh did I forget the reason this slave owner justify his rape was because blacks were considered the "curse of ham" in the Bible? If you don't know about it, look it up one of the first things I learned as a kid.

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
You guys must understand the significance of past christian racism.....need I bring up amistad? Heck, that is how the nation of islam was formed. It focused on black nationalism when in schools.blacks were taught that they were inferior not just.in.american eyes but God's as well. My mother (rest her soul) was NOI told me that the reason nation of islam came to america was because islam was the closes thing to black culture and that islam being a foreign faith to the U.S. combated the incursion of racist christian thought in the 40's

I encourage all to watch the first 10 minutes of this.movie which cones from the actual biography of malcolm X. The most profound thing for me is the "so-called good white christian effect"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjd_9cpXIF8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Last edited:

kai

ragamuffin
I am always puzzled by the inference that Islam is somehow more akin to the "black" culture. a little digging and you will find the attitude of "Arabs" is in the past is more akin to the attitude of "whites" than it is to Africans.

I feel that an African American will find his roots in Africa not in the Arabian peninsular and should feel no more affinity to the Arabs than he does to Europeans of any hue.

Heres an interesting article

ARABS MORTAL HATRED AND ENSLAVEMENT OF THE BLACK RACE - ModernGhana.com

Last edited:

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
I am always puzzled by the inference that Islam is somehow more akin to the "black" culture. a little digging and you will find the attitude of "Arabs" is in the past is more akin to the attitude of "whites" than it is to Africans.

I feel that an African American will find his roots in Africa not in the Arabian peninsular and should feel no more affinity to the Arabs than he does to Europeans of any hue.

Heres an interesting article

ARABS MORTAL HATRED AND ENSLAVEMENT OF THE BLACK RACE - ModernGhana.com

Kai you're right. Personally, I understand the formation of the nation of islam in the 40's but I don't understand why it was islam itself. The issue of Arab involvement is interesting. I don't personally don't know enough concerning the expansion of muslim Arabs in the African countries so I am interested in your link.

kai

ragamuffin
Kai you're right. Personally, I understand the formation of the nation of islam in the 40's but I don't understand why it was islam itself. The issue of Arab involvement is interesting. I don't personally don't know enough concerning the expansion of muslim Arabs in the African countries so I am interested in your link.

Its worth looking into, there seems to be a lot of Ahistory concerning the Islamic empires. of course i dont put all the blame on Islam , its peoples interpretation thats to blame.

As a thought did you know the word for a Blackman in Iraq is the same as slave "Abid"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abd_(Arabic)

I am afraid Africans had it bad from all directions.