• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Christianity White supremacy?

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
Its worth looking into, there seems to be a lot of Ahistory concerning the Islamic empires. of course i dont put all the blame on Islam , its peoples interpretation thats to blame.

As a thought did you know the word for a Blackman in Iraq is the same as slave "Abid"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abd_(Arabic)

I am afraid Africans had it bad from all directions.

Yea it means slave or 'Abd' hence when you see someone named Abdullah it means slave or servant of God. But going back to the topic at hand what is interesting is that people are so uncomfortable talking about slavery, racism, or the like. Even as a serviceman and even though I did my duty defending this country, I intentionally try to remind myself (and others) the worse parts of history whether its the false encampment of jews during the holocaust or Japnese being held in concentration camps people need to know the effects of colonialist influences on other ethnic groups. Majority of my caucasian friends say "why discuss slavery its over?" I always respond......if you can figure out my exact lineage not only will I stop discussing slavery but I would give my pension to whoever can figure out who all black americans are linked to. On another note going back to racism and religion if indeed racism is dying off why is Obama's heritage so important?

For example Obama is bi-racial and although he socially identifies.himself as black he is genetically both black and white, and because he is the latter he appeals to the major class. In addition to this I have theorized that if Obama was not bi racial but was "fully black" and had a darker skin pigmentation not only would be not be elected but his religion wouldn't be at the forefront of political debate.

kai

ragamuffin
Yea it means slave or 'Abd' hence when you see someone named Abdullah it means slave or servant of God. But going back to the topic at hand what is interesting is that people are so uncomfortable talking about slavery, racism, or the like. Even as a serviceman and even though I did my duty defending this country, I intentionally try to remind myself (and others) the worse parts of history whether its the false encampment of jews during the holocaust or Japnese being held in concentration camps people need to know the effects of colonialist influences on other ethnic groups. Majority of my caucasian friends say "why discuss slavery its over?" I always respond......if you can figure out my exact lineage not only will I stop discussing slavery but I would give my pension to whoever can figure out who all black americans are linked to. On another note going back to racism and religion if indeed racism is dying off why is Obama's heritage so important?

For example Obama is bi-racial and although he socially identifies.himself as black he is genetically both black and white, and because he is the latter he appeals to the major class. In addition to this I have theorized that if Obama was not bi racial but was "fully black" and had a darker skin pigmentation not only would be not be elected but his religion wouldn't be at the forefront of political debate.

You know its a fact that some people just arnt interested. Some people haven't a clue about the Jewish holocaust or the war in the pacific or slavery,or anything else for that matter. Or they may be interested in one historical subject over another Its just one of those things really. As you have an interest in your roots its valuable to you, but not so valuable to others.

As for Obama i haven't a clue because i am not interested in him being black white or anything in between its of no concern to me so it kind of just goes over my head. a little like when i sometimes speak to friends and family about some historical fact or event and their eyes glaze over and they change the subject.

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
You know its a fact that some people just arnt interested. Some people haven't a clue about the Jewish holocaust or the war in the pacific or slavery,or anything else for that matter. Or they may be interested in one historical subject over another Its just one of those things really. As you have an interest in your roots its valuable to you, but not so valuable to others.

As for Obama i haven't a clue because i am not interested in him being black white or anything in between its of no concern to me so it kind of just goes over my head. a little like when i sometimes speak to friends and family about some historical fact or event and their eyes glaze over and they change the subject.

You're right some aren't just interested and you know, its unfortunate. I believe not only people should care but I think its imperative. I mean, in the case of religion and its effect on a particular ethnic group I think we need to know both spectrums, the good and the bad. Because, it is so easy for one religious group to say "hey we did this good deed for these people" when in fact historically it wasn't the case.

Also, this is how stereotypes of other ethnic groups are formed. This is why jokes said by dave chappelle and other minority comedians are so funny because the perpetuated stereotypes are real and there are people that do believe in those stereotypes.

Unfortunately we don't live in a "color blind society this is why God made.rods and cones in your eyes in the first place! Humanity hasn't ascended to a point where we don't see skin pigmentation or culture and although I would die for my fellow service buddies.of different ethnicities I cannot forget the historical elements that brought me here.

I think this is why I am areligious is because of race. After all growing up in a Baptist Christian background I cannot help but be cognizant of the civil rights elements swirling in many of the black churches across America.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
If you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem. If you insist on focusing on race and what divides us, you should not be surprised that others seem to only be able to see your race, or focus on the negative.

As you probably know, my first husband is black. He is a colonel in the military, but when we married, he was a PFC. Anyway, when we were a young couple, I had a very good friend who was also white and married to a black man. She was a very cute girl, blonde hair blue eyes, and a killer figure. Her husband was very sharp. Now - not bragging, but my husband and I were also a clean cut, good looking couple. But here is where the similarities ended. She and her husband were very defensive and paranoid about prejudice. They always suspected people of judging them or being prejudiced against them. And guess what - they DID have trouble, and incidents wherever they went. My husband and I lived in the same town, we went to the same places, and guess what - we NEVER had any negative incidents. Now I'm not saying that people may not have been privately judging us or prejudiced, but you know what - that's their right and their business. All that matters to me is that people treat me and my kids decently and fairly, and I EXPECT that. Consequently, it nearly always happens that way. But my point is that I believe basically in karma. You receive what you give. You put out negativity, you receive negativity.

When you are focused on your perceived notion of the prejudices of others, you are in fact doing exactly what you think THEY are doing. You are judging them and making assumptions based on their race - just the think you are so offended at if they do the same to you.

Let it go, man. Rather than operating from a defensive, easily offended, judgmental mode, reach out to others from a tolerant, generous, genuinely respectful and positive state of mind. I PROMISE you that your interactions with others will greatly improve and you will find that not only does life get easier, you will do a lot more to defuse peoples' ideas and subconscious prejudices toward "people of color."

You have to rise above it and prove them WRONG. You can't do this effectively from an angry perspective.

Reactions: kai

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You're right some aren't just interested and you know, its unfortunate. I believe not only people should care but I think its imperative. I mean, in the case of religion and its effect on a particular ethnic group I think we need to know both spectrums, the good and the bad. Because, it is so easy for one religious group to say "hey we did this good deed for these people" when in fact historically it wasn't the case.
Also, this is how stereotypes of other ethnic groups are formed. This is why jokes said by dave chappelle and other minority comedians are so funny because the perpetuated stereotypes are real and there are people that do believe in those stereotypes.
Unfortunately we don't live in a "color blind society this is why God made.rods and cones in your eyes in the first place! Humanity hasn't ascended to a point where we don't see skin pigmentation or culture and although I would die for my fellow service buddies.of different ethnicities I cannot forget the historical elements that brought me here.
I think this is why I am areligious is because of race. After all growing up in a Baptist Christian background I cannot help but be cognizant of the civil rights elements swirling in many of the black churches across America.
Dave Chappelle is funny? I wondered what it was that he was trying to achieve.

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
If you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem. If you insist on focusing on race and what divides us, you should not be surprised that others seem to only be able to see your race, or focus on the negative.

As you probably know, my first husband is black. He is a colonel in the military, but when we married, he was a PFC. Anyway, when we were a young couple, I had a very good friend who was also white and married to a black man. She was a very cute girl, blonde hair blue eyes, and a killer figure. Her husband was very sharp. Now - not bragging, but my husband and I were also a clean cut, good looking couple. But here is where the similarities ended. She and her husband were very defensive and paranoid about prejudice. They always suspected people of judging them or being prejudiced against them. And guess what - they DID have trouble, and incidents wherever they went. My husband and I lived in the same town, we went to the same places, and guess what - we NEVER had any negative incidents. Now I'm not saying that people may not have been privately judging us or prejudiced, but you know what - that's their right and their business. All that matters to me is that people treat me and my kids decently and fairly, and I EXPECT that. Consequently, it nearly always happens that way. But my point is that I believe basically in karma. You receive what you give. You put out negativity, you receive negativity.

When you are focused on your perceived notion of the prejudices of others, you are in fact doing exactly what you think THEY are doing. You are judging them and making assumptions based on their race - just the think you are so offended at if they do the same to you.

Let it go, man. Rather than operating from a defensive, easily offended, judgmental mode, reach out to others from a tolerant, generous, genuinely respectful and positive state of mind. I PROMISE you that your interactions with others will greatly improve and you will find that not only does life get easier, you will do a lot more to defuse peoples' ideas and subconscious prejudices toward "people of color."

You have to rise above it and prove them WRONG. You can't do this effectively from an angry perspective.

I had an entire paragraph I wrote in response but I deleted it. I just boil it down to you not understanding. You will never understand nor comprehend.

Kathryn

I had an entire paragraph I wrote in response but I deleted it. I just boil it down to you not understanding. You will never understand nor comprehend.

Don't hold back - this is a debate forum.

But that seems a handy excuse - "You will never understand." How can you say that? In itself that seems judgmental. My entire family is multiracial. I may not know exactly how it "feels" to "be black," but I have a feeling that it depends a lot on the attitude of the person.

We all have challenges regarding others' perceptions and responses to us individually. But surely you can see that so much of that depends on what we put forward - our attitude in our interactions with others.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
To be perfectly honest, everyone has someone who hates them for some stupid reason or another. Virtually every group will always have some members of it that will hate others for stupid reasons. But not all of any group does this. To put all the blame on Christians for this kind of phenomena seems rather unfair and totally untrue. And, as it has been well pointed out, not all Christians are white- including myself, my Japanese stepfather, my Navajo father, my brother, one of my Japanese stepsisters, and I could go on and on with all the people I know.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I have the same difficulty. People who disagree with me just don't understand.
But I harbor hope that eventually they'll improve.

no-body

More like people into white supremacy are born into Christianity so that's what they tend to be. Christianity itself dosen't lend itself to any racist creed at least not without some heavy twisting of scripture.

Unfortunately race is still very much an issue in today's world, even though we are making good progress it continues to become more covert. Any white person particularly who focuses on "reverse racism" might not be outright racist but definitely have some disturbing subconscious issues with it, they make me want to :facepalm: particular when they play the my grandpa/friend/spouse/children/neighbor/whatever is a certain race so I'm allowed to make these ignorant comments.

kai

ragamuffin
Ignorant comments are ignorant comments and should be recognized as such. Supremacy beliefs from whatever race or nationality will use anything to justify there ideology even if they have to bend an established religion to do so, no religion is immune from that.

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
Ignorant comments are ignorant comments and should be recognized as such. Supremacy beliefs from whatever race or nationality will use anything to justify there ideology even if they have to bend an established religion to do so, no religion is immune from that.

I agree with kai essentially, we are all apart of the same human species. Unfortunately, like Star Wars, we have separatist that wish to input their incorrect philosophy. It is true, we all are not the same and that humans have had an ugly history in how we treat each other but our capabilities in human interaction are endless and should be more inclusive without prejudice.

But as an African American, one thing you guys need to get rid of is this "get over it we are the world" idea. There are individuals like myself who grew up in times if peril and racism and although its not a constant pain at my side, it is still apart of who I am and why I am not religious. The same goes for anyone who has experienced a detrimental situation in their life. This is why in "the hood" we say "white folks" live in disneyland because in that urban philosophy caucasians have a hard time understanding the struggles and frustrations of minorities including Asiana in libraries.

Last edited:

Kathryn

I agree with kai essentially, we are all apart of the same human species. Unfortunately, like Star Wars, we have separatist that wish to input their incorrect philosophy. It is true, we all are not the same and that humans have had an ugly history in how we treat each other but our capabilities in human interaction are endless and should be more inclusive without prejudice.

But as an African American, one thing you guys need to get rid of is this "get over it we are the world" idea. There are individuals like myself who grew up in times if peril and racism and although its not a constant pain at my side, it is still apart of who I am and why I am not religious. The same goes for anyone who has experienced a detrimental situation in their life. This is why in "the hood" we say "white folks" live in disneyland because in that urban philosophy caucasians have a hard time understanding the struggles and frustrations of minorities including Asiana in libraries.

What about "white folks" who don't live in Disneyland? What about "white folks" who have experienced prejudice or who have lived in "the hood" in very difficult circumstances? Do you realize that "white folks" can be victims of discrimination, poverty, prejudice, etc? And that being the case, don't you think they might be able to understand those challenges just as well as you do?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
....the struggles and frustrations of minorities including Asiana in libraries.
Somehow, I don't think Asians who leave their own more homogeneous culture to come here for studies should be anymore struggling or frustrated than the general population. Moreover, rude behavior in libraries is hardly necessary to cope with their lot in life. If their behavior at times is bad, it shouldn't be excused or justified by racial or cultural differences.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
What about "white folks" who don't live in Disneyland? What about "white folks" who have experienced prejudice or who have lived in "the hood" in very difficult circumstances? Do you realize that "white folks" can be victims of discrimination, poverty, prejudice, etc? And that being the case, don't you think they might be able to understand those challenges just as well as you do?

I agree strongly with this. It is hard for me to fathom that some people think that "all white people are racist", or "all white people are affluent", those are stereotypes, too. And stereotypes are never correct for most people in a group.

kai

ragamuffin
what does that mean?????

OK i checked put the other thread and I dont know what to say its just purile.

"
the white folks" and the Disneyland thing . Hopefully the navy will give you a bigger picture of the world , the real one where white folks can be underprivileged too. you know i always thought i was hard done by, had a bit of a chip on my shoulder, then i joined the Army and saw what life was really like for some people people and had a whole new outlook on what life is really like not what i thought it was like in my own little bubble.Once i saw kids dying because they dont have enough to eat or clean drinking water it kind of made me feel a jerk for thinking i was "underprivileged" in any way shape or form.

Last edited: