• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Christianity White supremacy?

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
You missed the whole point, didn't you?

Bush family is friendly with the Saudi royal family, yet you don't see Christians wondering whether Bush is a secret Muslim, Arab, kenyan, terrorist, communist, and whatnot. His white skin protected him from all those racist slurs.

But even if Obama says a thousand times that he's a Christian, it isn't enough ... he is a Muslim, no matter how many times he denies it. Would a white Christian ever get such a lousy treatment? Would the same people expect a white Christian to prove that he really is Christian?

The people who claim that Obama is Muslim are ignorant. I don't believe this to be any majority view. As far as Obama is concerned, many people voted for him just because he was black. I understand people wanting the first black president, but many of these people are equally as ignorant of politics and religion as the Obama/Muslim group.

My point is, some ignorant people help Obama and some try to hurt him. We can try to correct ignorant people, but some folks are just hopeless. :yes:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You missed the whole point, didn't you?
It seems that I often do. Or is it that you have an inclination to see whites as racist in preference to other explanations.

Bush family is friendly with the Saudi royal family, yet you don't see Christians wondering whether Bush is a secret Muslim, Arab, kenyan, terrorist, communist, and whatnot. His white skin protected him from all those racist slurs.
You say it's skin color, but Bush didn't ever live in an Islamic country (Indonesia).
It looks more like religious bigotry to me, given the fears of Islam.

But even if Obama says a thousand times that he's a Christian, it isn't enough ... he is a Muslim, no matter how many times he denies it. Would a white Christian ever get such a lousy treatment? Would the same people expect a white Christian to prove that he really is Christian?
Again, this looks more like religious bigotry. But lousy treatment is the norm in American politics today.
Bush was treated badly too....a pawn of Saudis, a chimpanzee, mocked as a moron (although no dimmer than Gore or Kerry).
Being of mixed race doesn't exempt one from nasty politics.

Last edited:

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Shalom,

The word 'Christian' conjures up images of a white person although there surely are many nonwhite Christians, just as the word 'Muslim' has become synonymous with 'brown' even if there are many white Muslims. Bottom line, has Christianity ceased to be a religion and become instead a front for white supremacy?

Please don't be offended by this. I love Christ, but the fact that this religion is inextricably linked to racism cannot be denied. The US president Obama (I mean the abuse he faced from his opponents) is a good example here.

Mahatma

i would say it is otherwise why were black people forced into slavery and were denied their rights although the white man shared the same religion.

I am sure they did, only in Christian countries though! I mean the Millions of slaves in the Islamic Empires were not forced to be Christians surely?

There were no slaves in Islamic societies. Jews wanted to live in Islamic rather than Christian societies, remember?

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Shalom,

The word 'Christian' conjures up images of a white person although there surely are many nonwhite Christians, just as the word 'Muslim' has become synonymous with 'brown' even if there are many white Muslims. Bottom line, has Christianity ceased to be a religion and become instead a front for white supremacy?

Please don't be offended by this. I love Christ, but the fact that this religion is inextricably linked to racism cannot be denied. The US president Obama (I mean the abuse he faced from his opponents) is a good example here.

Mahatma

Just because there are certain what Supremacists that call themselves Christian doesn't mean that everyone who belongs to Christianity is a racist or a white supremacist. That is just as bad as saying all Muslims are terrorists and we know that isn't true at all.
And no, I am not really offended- just a bit dismayed (I am only half white, I am half Native American)

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
The people who claim that Obama is Muslim are ignorant. I don't believe this to be any majority view. As far as Obama is concerned, many people voted for him just because he was black. I understand people wanting the first black president, but many of these people are equally as ignorant of politics and religion as the Obama/Muslim group.

My point is, some ignorant people help Obama and some try to hurt him. We can try to correct ignorant people, but some folks are just hopeless. :yes:

People have been trying to cut down Obama since before he even took office. They use any means they have, including things that aren't even true.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Don't be silly, white people are always the ones to blame.

We get called all sorts and everything we do is mocked and yet we are racist.

The definition of racism should be changed to "white man having an opinion that non-white man doesn't like."

kai

ragamuffin
That's just one example.

thats two examples actually: Heres a few more.

Slavery in the Ottoman Empire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Role of Islam in African Slavery -- Part 1 Obtaining slaves on the African continent

Many societies throughout history have practised slavery, and Muslim societies were no exception.

BBC - Religions - Islam: Slavery in Islam

By the way did you know that Slavery was only abolished in Yemen and Saudi Arabia in 1962-----Remember Mahatma, the truth is out there!

Last edited:

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Now Kai, you know the idea of slavery was all the white mans design. No black man ever captured rival tribes and sold them into slavery. :no:

Africans never would have came up with the idea of slavery all on their own. If the white racist Christians never would have came to Africa on their way to America, there would never have ever been a slave trade to begin with. :facepalm:

While we are setting the record straight, you must remember that white Christians never ran an under ground railroad or fought in a war to free the slaves either. :rolleyes:

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I thank God for "white Christians" like the ones who established Holt Adoption Agency. They set up adoption agencies in foreign countries and place abandoned and orphaned children in safe homes throughout the world.

Because of those "white Christians" these two people became a part of my life:

35634_469657439376_792524376_6228985_7342276_n.jpg

My brother, adopted from a Holt orphanage in Korea in 1968

180543_10150193086589377_792524376_8863816_3834488_n.jpg

My grandson, also adopted from a Holt orphanage in Korea, in 2009

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I have 2 kids from Korea. Catholics facilitated their coming to live with us heathens.
Pretty strange values for a bunch of Xtian fundamentalist white supremacists, eh?

Willie extends his finger of shame at those who carelessly cast about the charge of racism!
Very glad they should be, that my fell gardening implements serve only peace.

Last edited:

Kathryn

Hey, Mr. Revoltingest, I didn't know that you too have a house full of slanty eyed yellow devils! That's what all us white family members shout at ours when they get out of hand.

Yeah, right, huh?

I've probably got more little yellow devils in my future - my son is marrying a Korean girl in May. Not sure how our family became so Korean - it was really by accident.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hey, Mr. Revoltingest, I didn't know that you too have a house full of slanty eyed yellow devils! That's what all us white family members shout at ours when they get out of hand.
Yeah, right, huh?
I've probably got more little yellow devils in my future - my son is marrying a Korean girl in May. Not sure how our family became so Korean - it was really by accident.
A Catholic Social Services plot to import cheap labor for us racist fat cats (as Sunstone calls me)?

Kathryn

chineseWorkers.jpg

My nieces and nephews and grandkids doing a little yard work for me last week.