• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Im going to BURN a BIBLE

horizon_mj1

At our current evolutionary state and technological level, Humans are incapable of living in peaceful co-existance with each other. Hopefully, we will mature, and that will change.
I so very much agree. This is why I get pretty angry when people say we do not need to evolve. We as a species (dominate species at that) choose to act no better than animals that do not have the ability to reason. Is it not time to "grow up"?

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
Someone said it best here in that over there, the culture and mentality is different. Is it extreme that a book burning can turn the anger of the people into a violent rant? Most certainly. However let us also consider the educational level of the people. I think its important enough to understand that perhaps many of the people who are not only impoverished, but do not have the education to deal with expressions of speech in a civil manner.

blackout

Violet.
Books, are cardboard, binding, paper and ink.

If I were very cold,
and needed to fuel my fireplace,
I would throw on my personal least favorite books first,
and move on from there.

Books are not "holy" or "accursed".
They are simply.... books. :shrug:

David69

Angel Of The North
its a crazy world. I wonder if a muslim catholic or jew would burn there books to save themselves from freezing to death... hmmm