• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Im going to BURN a BIBLE

Population in general the equivalent to those who attacked UN and protest in Afghanistan. its hypothetical because they don't seem to have any bibles in Arab countries or at least it is not in the media that they have burnt one.

Boethiah

Penguin
A lot of Bibles are being burned by the occupiers. Link

Although the context of the burning is a wee bit different. Lots of burning going on, anyway. I'm not sure what all of this means exactly, except that both the Qur'an and the Bible are subject to burning by some people and it makes other people very angry. One could argue that "we" haven't beheaded anyone, but "we" are indeed in a foreign land waging war. "Our" hands aren't exactly clean. Does it make anything right? No.

Sorta interesting to consider.

The news said that 2 of the UN workers were beheaded and that links interesting though I wonder why nothing has been broadcast about it on British news.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Its just a book with words written by Humans so i don't see a problem with burning any book,there isn't any excuse that people would murder someone because they burned a book.

filthy tugboat

Its just a book with words written by Humans so i don't see a problem with burning any book,there isn't any excuse that people would murder someone because they burned a book.

I'm against the concept of book burning in general, religious or other. It is an act born out of ignorance, impatience and a provocative attitude. It has no positive purpose and many negative connotations. I agree that the response of murder is heinous but the act itself was demanding a response, I'm pretty sure that was the whole point of burning the book, to increase fanaticism both in support of such a notion and to provoke a response from those who support the book.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I'm against the concept of book burning in general, religious or other. It is an act born out of ignorance, impatience and a provocative attitude. It has no positive purpose and many negative connotations. I agree that the response of murder is heinous but the act itself was demanding a response, I'm pretty sure that was the whole point of burning the book, to increase fanaticism both in support of such a notion and to provoke a response from those who support the book.

I agree the Pastor and co were obvious in their intent and are despicable sad people,i also agree burning books is plain silly but people should be free to do so if they wish,as long as it belongs to them of course.

What should be held the most sacred is Human life. Improving the quality of life for all Humans should be the most sacred and holy thing for any Human being to pursue. Mindless aggression serves no purpose. If someone wants to believe and worship invisible gods/spirits and doesn't hurt anyone while they do it, let them do it in peace. If someone doesn't want to worship invisible gods/spirits and lives peacefully with their theist neighbors, leave them alone. We are not animals. We are Human beings and all want the same things out of life. The only excuse for killing other Humans is for self preservation.

Perversity

Just kidding but If the Arabs burnt one would we go to a mosque to kill and behead them? No.

No. But I think that's because we keep invading their countries.

"Repent Amarillo" [google them] Has a nice blog. Apparently they are a group of Christians who have reportedly been 'terrorizing' people for being 'perverts'. :cover: But I haven't heard of anyone being beheaded by this particular group.

Have fun!

Perversity

Not every Muslim will want people beheaded over this. Generalisation is crazy.

Not to mention that there are, like, what? - A billion Muslims in the world? If they all started beheading people they'd eventually have to start beheading themselves, which would just be ridiculous.

horizon_mj1

I agree that no-one should ever go to the extremes of killing someone over the destruction of anything, but in no way condone the burning of holy scriptures. The prejudice created through religions is quite ridiculous. Why is it that it is never pointed out how radical Christian Americans kill Dr.s and children at abortion clinics? Before their actions, do the know if the people in the clinics are not just guilty over wanting to free themselves of a reminder of rape or incest? Even is this information is obtained, does it make it right? So we also have radical Islam; a group of people that are called Al Qaeda in which are separate for the most part from main stream Islam, yet all of the Islamic people are continually being ostracized for their actions. Should all of Christianity by held accountable for the radical Christians who take lives of people who don't agree with their standards? Is taking a life fair at all to make a statement that the person had opposing views? One thing I have seen throughout most religions in which are theist, is that compassion and understanding should be shown to fellow mankind. If a person disagrees with your points of view, do not include them in your life, don't kill them. Isn't judgment supposed the be the Lord's? Why are people so hypocritical? Does anyone else feel that maybe some of the things done by people (burning scriptures pertaining to God, killing people for having different ways of worship) is like a direct slap in Creation's (Lord, God, Allah, Jehovah, etc.) face? Where in history does it state that you have to get to know God through any one manner? Does anyone teach a child how to have a relationship with their parents? Why should this be any different from God? My biggest problems are;
  • God is God; you may get to know Him one way, I might get to know Him another way, they are still the same. If you think this is wrong, show me the proof.
  • Prejudice (bias preconception) which is frowned upon in several scriptures and Holy texts, yet practiced more than the 10 commandments by most.
  • You are not God, I am not God; is it not up to God to decide who is right and who is wrong? Who do these people who claim to believe in Him think they are? Do they lack the faith of His power and disbelieve that although He can create a universe their help is need on judgment?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
In the grand course of things, the folks who are rioting when their religion is attacked, beheading people over trivial issues, or murdering women for being rape victims, etc., are more or less behaving like the overwhelming majority of humanity has traditionally behaved since the dawn of our time on the earth over 250,000 years ago. Moral insanity is not the new thing here.

Instead, the humane, morally sane values and outlook of the European Enlightenment are the still new things in human experience. And those new values and outlook are even today under attack from within the West itself by Christian Fundamentalists. Should those Fundamentalists win their battles to erase the progress of the past 300 or so years, you can count on them producing in Western nations horrors like or exceeding those you are seeing outside of Western nations today.

Who do these people who claim to believe in Him think they are? Do they lack the faith of His power and disbelieve that although He can create a universe their help is need on judgment?

I think that is exactly the case. When was the last time you saw god personally smite unbelievers? God doesn't exist or doesn't share in humanity's need for violence, so humans have to step in to act on his (a.k.a their own) behalf.

horizon_mj1

I think that is exactly the case. When was the last time you saw god personally smite unbelievers? God doesn't exist or doesn't share in humanity's need for violence, so humans have to step in to act on his (a.k.a their own) behalf.
Isn't one of the key points, rather or not you believe in theism, monotheism, or nothing at all, shouldn't humans treat other humans with value? To me all of this would be like killing someone because they didn't like the color purple. In my opinion purple is a cool color, so if someone disagrees would it make me right to take their life? CRAZY concepts of beliefs leading to the murder of another human is wrong in any light.

Last edited:
Isn't one of the key points, rather or not you believe in theism, monotheism, or nothing at all, shouldn't humans treat other humans with value? To me all of this would be like killing someone because they didn't like the color purple. In my opinion purple is a cool color, so if someone disagrees would it make me right to take their life? CRAZY concepts of beliefs leading to the murder of another human is wrong in any light.

At our current evolutionary state and technological level, Humans are incapable of living in peaceful co-existance with each other. Hopefully, we will mature, and that will change.

Perversity

Yeah, the color purple. I agree with your point. For instance; Remember when people blamed heavy metal music for school shootings, 'ritualistic' violence towards animals, and suicides [the west Memphis three comes to mind]?

Clearly culture, governance and society play a major role in one's psyche. But scapegoating aside, most people will cling on to just about anything to justify there insanity and inhumanity while others' point their fingers. It is a timeless classic.