• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you have a better plan, let's hear it.

Birth place =earth

Birth place = locality

Much better than nation or 'earth'. Our brains don't deal well with abstractions and the more we deal in abstractions the easier it becomes to justify problematic ideas.

For example, if I see the whole world as my jurisdiction, it is much easier to justify interventions in places where it is not desired.

Stronger local identity counteracts harmful aspects of ethno-nationalism.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Birth place =earth
Race =human
Politics =freedom
Religion =live and be happy

Food = needed
Shelter = needed
Access to healthcare = needed
Access to education = needed

The basic necessities should be met first, and then we can worry about the fluff afterwards.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
3a02eo.jpg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
When I brought up four major problems in the world today, race, religion, place of birth, and politics you jumped right into church. Why? Politics IMO is a lot worse than church.

Not for everyone. Church can be a very oppressive place for some

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Birth place =earth
Race =human
Politics =freedom
Religion =live and be happy

Within a few years, I'd favor federal spending of $2.2 trillion towards Universal Basic Income, ( $800 monthly U.B.I for every individual adult American citizen ) $2 trillion of Universal Medicare with some insured cost sharing, ( Universal Medicare w/combined $5,000 Part A and B deductible and 20 percent Part B insured co-insurance ) $1.3 trillion of Social Security, ( no change from status-quo on S.S. retirement benefits ) $900 billion towards defense, ( more spending on national defense, less spending on America being the world's policeman ) $500 billion on debt interest payments, and $400 billion on discretionary government spending. ( many targeted social welfare programs would be eliminated and replaced with U.B.I. ) In 2022, I'd like total federal annual spending to be ca. $7.2 trillion.

In terms of federal taxes, I'd favor a simplified income tax system, just a few income tax brackets beginning in year 2022, zero percent on initial $13k of personal individual annual income, 12 percent on $13,001 to $63k of personal individual annual income, 32 percent on individual personal annual earnings in excess of $63k. Capital gains taxed at same rate as ordinary income. No tax credits, save for refundable $2k child tax credit. In 2022, this would result in total personal federal income taxes amounting to an estimated $2.4 trillion.

I'd then favor an increase in the corporate income tax rate from 21 percent to 28 percent. In 2022, this would result in corporations paying U.S. corporate income taxes of ca. $400 billion

I'd favor a doubling of the cap on social security taxes, so that all workers and employers would contribute 6.2 percent of social security taxes on every dollar of their earnings up to 300k of each individual wage earner's income . In 2022, this would mean Americans would pay ca. $1.5 trillion in payroll taxes.

Beginning in 2022, I'd favor the implementation of a 10 percent federal Value Added Tax. This would result in ca. $1.1 trillion of federal taxation on America's total annual personal consumption.

I'd favor excise taxes on fuel, tobacco, cannabis, alcohol, air travel, Amtrak, national park and museum admission fees collectively adding up to ca. $300 billion in 2022.

I figure other federal taxes, besides income taxes, V.A.T. and excise taxes, I'd favor in 2022, like Medicare D premiums, estate taxes, financial transaction taxes ( remittance taxes and stock/bond trade taxes), and tariffs would generate ca. an additional $200 billion.

All my proposed taxes for 2022, would add up to ca. $5.9 trillion.

My proposed federal spending of $7.3 trillion and $5.9 trillion of federal taxes would result in an annual federal deficit of ca. $1.4 trillion in 2022. A level Universal Basic Income benefit for 3 years prior to inflation indexing of this benefit would result in the annual federal budget deficit of being ca. $1.3 trillion in 2023, and somewhere around $1.2 trillion in 2024.

Last edited:

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Mars is likely the first place beyond Earth in our solar system to get a man-made biosphere that is an appreciable fraction in size comparable to Earth's biosphere.

The use of the Big Falcon 9 rocket is instrumental in my plan towards building a biosphere on Mars that'd be an appreciable fraction in size comparable to Earth's biosphere.

The first step towards the terraforming of Mars is the deployment of a magnetic shield that protects Mars against the solar wind stripping of its atmosphere. This magnetic shielding would subsequently allow the planet's atmosphere to reacquire its former density that'd be high enough to allow for sustainable surface liquid

1-nasaproposes.jpg

Reference: https://phys.org/news/2017-03-nasa-magne...phere.html

An effective artificial magnetosphere placed at Langrangian point 1 from Mars is very achievable with foreseeable technology. This magnetic shielding apparatus could weigh less than a few hundred tonnes which is within the load capacity of a big Falcon 9 rocket. I'm guessing the cost of protecting the Martian atmosphere with an artificial magnetosphere would probably be similar to the cost of a small nuclear reactor.

1*mPYNE8ApyVjSFKErEM2aGg@2x.jpeg

Some few billion tonnes of sulfur hexafluoride gas (SF6) could increase Martian atmospheric surface temperatures by over 20 degrees Celsius. Sulfur hexafluoride - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The SpaceX interplanetary transport system could deliver this super greenhouse gas to Mars at a cost of less than $2,000/kg.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpaceX_Mar...astructure

A few hundred thousand tonnes of SF6 delivered annually to Mars would cost just approximately $1/2 trillion yearly. This is less than a fraction of a percent of the global economic output value. An accumulation of a few billion tonnes of SF6 at an annual rate of a few hundred thousand tonnes would take less than ten thousand years. The annual cost of less than $100 per person per year on Earth would be totally worth transforming Mars into a world with triple its current atmospheric pressure and a warmer Mars with average surface temperatures greater than typical summer Antarctic temperatures.

I'd favor a global carbon tax imposed on carbon emissions for funding the cost of terraforming Mars.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
IMO living happiness is a whole lot better than living sadness. Yes they both happen, it's called life. We should let go of sadness and live for happiness.
I'd rather be content and satisfied. Happiness is good, but it's an emotion of the moment. Being satisfied, however, means that overall you are pleased with things. That's not something that fleets away with the moment that brought it.