• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you have a better plan, let's hear it.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
?? So should most people just kill themselves to be free from human life and be enlightened?
Hehe no, that that form of freedom :) one cultivate the body and mind to be free from the suffering we experience here on earth. it means being free of attachments to what we experience of both suffering and happiness, and accept life as it is. living only at the moment we experience right now

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Thought about your reply for a few minutes... and I brought up 4 major problems that exist in our world today, race, religion, birthplace and politics.
All you could reply is church =sad... IMO, your reply =very sad.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I was making light of the fact that modern churches focus on money, etc instead of wellness. So they wouldn't want to see you well. Sorry if you don't like the reply. It was just me saying "Keep doing what you're doing."

We Never Know

No Slack
Hehe no, that that form of freedom :) one cultivate the body and mind to be free from the suffering we experience here on earth. it means being free of attachments to what we experience of both suffering and happiness, and accept life as it is. living only at the moment we experience right now

Oh. So live and be happy? I already said that.

We Never Know

No Slack
I'm sorry you feel that way. I was making light of the fact that modern churches focus on money, etc instead of wellness. So they wouldn't want to see you well. Sorry if you don't like the reply. It was just me saying "Keep doing what you're doing."

When I brought up four major problems in the world today, race, religion, place of birth, and politics you jumped right into church. Why? Politics IMO is a lot worse than church.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Oh. So live and be happy? I already said that.
Life is not just happiness or sadness, we experience both sides from moment to moment, so in my understanding, it is no need to cling to any emotions because it will pass just as quick as it arises. Living free to me means to be in the moment and understanding what lead you there, No matter if it is a happy moment or a sad moment, just be a part of it

We Never Know

No Slack
Life is not just happiness or sadness, we experience both sides from moment to moment, so in my understanding, it is no need to cling to any emotions because it will pass just as quick as it arises. Living free to me means to be in the moment and understanding what lead you there, No matter if it is a happy moment or a sad moment, just be a part of it

IMO living happiness is a whole lot better than living sadness. Yes they both happen, it's called life. We should let go of sadness and live for happiness.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
IMO living happiness is a whole lot better than living sadness. Yes they both happen, it's called life. We should let go of sadness and live for happiness.
I agree with you on this, In my quest for answers i have of course stumbled upon both happiness and sadness, and to me the answer is to let go of the attachments to it and just see it for what it is in the moment. (i do not say that will work for everybody)
And i think in your OP you said "if you have a better plan, let's hear it. I only gave you my plan. :) It might work for me, but maybe not for others.

We Never Know

No Slack
I agree with you on this, In my quest for answers i have of course stumbled upon both happiness and sadness, and to me the answer is to let go of the attachments to it and just see it for what it is in the moment. (i do not say that will work for everybody)
And i think in your OP you said "if you have a better plan, let's hear it. I only gave you my plan. :) It might work for me, but maybe not for others.

Well let's say someone's sadness is losing their child, their mother, etc. It's hard to let that go, yet they still have a life to live. IMO live it to the fullest because the one you lost would want you to.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Well let's say someone's sadness is losing their child, their mother, etc. It's hard to let that go, yet they still have a life to live. IMO live it to the fullest because the one you lost would want you to.
Yes :) I can relate strongly to your post this time since I lost both my parents years ago. Of course, it is sadness right there and then, but to be able to look forward to the next moment. that, yes I going to be ok even losing my parents. I think that is so important. And maybe it is a bit of acceptance that they are gone, nothing we can do about it, except live our own life :)

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
When I brought up four major problems in the world today, race, religion, place of birth, and politics you jumped right into church. Why? Politics IMO is a lot worse than church.

You're probably right.

The thing about politics though, is that there are active groups still opposing the political problems in the world. There are folks who oppose Churchianity as a money-making opportunity, but it's not as vocal.

But if you wanted to talk more about politics, I'm sorry for bringing up church.

We Never Know

No Slack
You're probably right.

The thing about politics though, is that there are active groups still opposing the political problems in the world. There are folks who oppose Churchianity as a money-making opportunity, but it's not as vocal.

But if you wanted to talk more about politics, I'm sorry for bringing up church.

Not at all. Don't be sorry. I was just curious of the four major problems why you jumped right into religion.
Out of race, birth place, politics and religion, IMO I think religion ranks 3rd or 4th out of the 4.

Edit...
-race, well history speaks for that
-birth place, if you weren't born here, you don't belong here
-politics well it fuels race, birth place and religion
-religion, some just hope for something better later than the now

Last edited: