• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If a god created the universe...

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
A god had to be outside of it to create it. So i would think a god would be outside of it even while looking in.

Therefore not within the universe, and any actions/manifestations it performs within the universe must adhere to the laws of that universe

We Never Know

No Slack
Therefore not within the universe, and any actions/manifestations it performs within the universe must adhere to the laws of that universe

So in your opinion a god that can create the universe and its laws is bound by said laws it created.
That's interesting that a creator can be bound by its creation.

ChristineM

Premium Member
So in your opinion a god that can create the universe and its laws is bound by said laws it created.
That's interesting that a creator can be bound by its creation.

Not really interesting, just logical. Outside it can do whatever you may guess at. There are guessed to be thousands of trillions of universes out there, only a few trillion with laws we can even recognise as laws

Inside a universe the laws are immutable a god has to adhere to the laws otherwise use magic and you simply cannot tell a god believer that their god uses magic.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Not really interesting, just logical. Outside it can do whatever you may guess at. There are guessed to be thousands of trillions of universes out there, only a few trillion with laws we can even recognise as laws

Inside a universe the laws are immutable a god has to adhere to the laws otherwise use magic and you simply cannot tell a god believer that their god uses magic.
That may depend on what kind of believer you speak with, what you call magic, may not be understood as magic by a believer :)

We Never Know

No Slack

Would said god have to use magic to create the universe? So why would using magic while in said universe be any different?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Think about it. If "a god" created the universe, it was his creation, which means he is out of this creation. Thus, he just cannot be bound by its laws. Its like asking the programmer is bound by the rules of the software or game he had created.
Not sure that is a good analogy, since we know the programmer is obliged to act according to numerous rules, many of which will apply within any created programs too, such that how would we know which rules might apply to God and/or any creation - apart from guessing?

Last edited:

Clara Tea

No, the Religious Right mixed religion with politics, and the result was defying God and having wars and torture camps.

A theist just a human has to place self as their owned human status first.

To then claim now I will theory.

Not I already know.

Then you say I believe in God.

What God?

The earth you stand on?
The heavens you live within?
Your own self?

If you say God in the universe. What type of God?

If you say the God that began everything then you have to describe who or what that God is.

Some humans claim just empty space created.

We use consciousness.

Where is the consciousness just space expressed?

Which discludes yourself or any other human depicted science type.

As informed means you know by conscious identification.

How can you discuss no thing without consciousness?

Then the claim is your consciousness supported by everything that does exist now knew what it was doing with nothing. As nothing.

Really is not convincing.

It is hard to believe in God if God is not defined (who, what, where, when, how).

Yet, billions believe in God.

Can millions be wrong?

Apparently, everyone thought that Noah was wrong when he built an ark in the middle of a desert, yet the flood proved Noah to be correct. This means that the masses of people (perhaps billions) could be wrong, as well.

If we believe what the majority believes, we'd have to believe that a lynch mob is correct.

The true test of our character is to stick to our beliefs, no matter how much peer pressure we feel.

I knew someone that everyone thought was nuts. But she was entitled to her opinion. Unfortunately, she died jumping off of a cliff (she said that she would survive). But she stuck to her beliefs to the bitter end, and you have to admire that. Perhaps we could write that on her tombstone?

We Never Know

No Slack
It is hard to believe in God if God is not defined (who, what, where, when, how).

Yet, billions believe in God.

Can millions be wrong?

Apparently, everyone thought that Noah was wrong when he built an ark in the middle of a desert, yet the flood proved Noah to be correct. This means that the masses of people (perhaps billions) could be wrong, as well.

If we believe what the majority believes, we'd have to believe that a lynch mob is correct.

The true test of our character is to stick to our beliefs, no matter how much peer pressure we feel.

I knew someone that everyone thought was nuts. But she was entitled to her opinion. Unfortunately, she died jumping off of a cliff (she said that she would survive). But she stuck to her beliefs to the bitter end, and you have to admire that. Perhaps we could write that on her tombstone?

"I knew someone that everyone thought was nuts. But she was entitled to her opinion. Unfortunately, she died jumping off of a cliff (she said that she would survive)."

Sadly evidently she was wrong. So was she nuts like everyone thought?

firedragon

Veteran Member
Not sure that is a good analogy, since we know the programmer is obliged to act according to numerous rules, many of which will apply within any created programs too, such that how would we know which rules might apply to God and/or any creation - apart from guessing?

You are right. Its not a perfect analogy. But its a simple analogy.

The creator, is not bound by the laws of his creation.

RestlessSoul

Since Lain is tuned in I can't expose God to my theories......maybe later (how many years since the big bang and a life form with morals...?)

14.8 billion apparently. But I don’t think God has candles on His cake.

I’m not entirely sure how the concept of years make sense beyond the orbit of our own tiny planet. Can the time since the Big Bang really be measured in years? What does a year mean, in the context of an expanding universe where distance is measured in light years?

Only God knows. And God, as my old dad says, ain’t telling.

ChristineM

Premium Member
That may depend on what kind of believer you speak with, what you call magic, may not be understood as magic by a believer :)

Of course not, yet to influence events using the supernatural is the definition of magic. So i see not calling god magic as magic to be nothing more than apologetics twisting definition out of shape so it gels with their version of religion

rational experiences

Veteran Member
If a human only says one God. On the planet they stand claiming my maths zero cold space pressure owns god. I plus add to subtract from eArth. Held mass. Withdrawal from. Gods riches.

Ear. In the thesis is not sound not hearing. Th O Th God of numbers...and earth. Ear and TH.

Then the mob meant it.

If he says I want to withdraw from first mass he does as Rock stone chemicals dusts. Machines. Then mass is taken to convert destroy. Mr destroyer.

Knew who he was talking about. His brother.

Now that brother says I want to withdraw from space. The mother. As mother owns God he says.

I name it radiation as the base.

Yet to convert any mass base means not radiation. Instead it means changed radiation.

He knows he can't change it. As it is base.

So then he says I will make a channelled hole to bring it forth.

It will pour in.

And water his consciousness pored in. Life for biology poured in.

So if no AH was caused in the desert where man built it. Water shifted it's mass.

As man's consciousness life lives by water mass actually.

Why he is wrong and always was. Why men write the bible about Mr destroyer. Seems normal is his description. Seems like everyone else. Yet his mind isn't.

Consciousness.

ChristineM

Premium Member
If God alter something in this universe it will like a natural occurrence, you would not suddenly think "oh that is God in work"

The change would be observsble through history. I.e. things used to happen one way and that was immutable law and now things happen another way and that is the same immutable law but wait a minute, it the immutable laws cannot be immutable... So how does this universe hold itself together.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
If a god created the universe, would said god be bound by the laws of its creation?

Or would the laws that came with/from its creation not apply to said god?

When you dream, what laws are you bound by in that dream?