• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If a god created the universe...

74x12

If a god created the universe, would said god be bound by the laws of its creation?

Or would the laws that came with/from its creation not apply to said god?
Not apply. He can basically do anything within this creation at will. He's basically the admin of the server if you will.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Could it be that the covenant made by Moses was a scam just to get the Hebrews to follow him?

I'd say that a lot is possible. For example, most of the Bible could either be untrue or depict God poorly or in erroneous ways for example, as an example, yet a sort of Abrahamic, one God could exist that is much purer than anything depicted by mortal or mortal and even God inspired hands.

It's even possible the Bible works against such a God, despite that God being much worthy of the occasional praise found in the Bible.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
A theist just a human has to place self as their owned human status first.

To then claim now I will theory.

Not I already know.

Then you say I believe in God.

What God?

The earth you stand on?
The heavens you live within?
Your own self?

If you say God in the universe. What type of God?

If you say the God that began everything then you have to describe who or what that God is.

Some humans claim just empty space created.

We use consciousness.

Where is the consciousness just space expressed?

Which discludes yourself or any other human depicted science type.

As informed means you know by conscious identification.

How can you discuss no thing without consciousness?

Then the claim is your consciousness supported by everything that does exist now knew what it was doing with nothing. As nothing.

Really is not convincing.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
If a god created the universe, would said god be bound by the laws of its creation?

In my understanding(could be wrong) God are outside of the physical laws of this universe, but if God wish to change something God have to use physical laws

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
God are, but so humans can not know if it is God or natural occurrence, if weknow it is God our faith might be less strong ( my understanding)

Some might see it that way. But I see it as making God out to be a "trickster", or to put it more lightly, making himself like the Santa, Easter Bunny, etc that our parents dreamed up.

Hold

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Our morals are of human origin and are not limiting to any God, if there is a god.

firedragon

Veteran Member

Think about it. If "a god" created the universe, it was his creation, which means he is out of this creation. Thus, he just cannot be bound by its laws. Its like asking the programmer is bound by the rules of the software or game he had created.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Laws of the universe wouldn't apply for a really powerful God, I don't think, unless said God chooses to be bound by them.

I agree with this.

One problem though is when God gives people ethical rules and commandments, then doesn't follow them himself, though. It creates what's called a Double Standard, and a "Do as I say but not as I do" situation

Two aspects that should be taken into consideration:
1) Jehovah and His Son Jesus (according to the Bible) can read hearts, ie., know a person’s desires and inclination better than they themselves. IOW, their judgement is flawless...they can’t be fooled. We have no such ability. And

2) Probably most important, is that they can resurrect, ie., restore, the lives they may have taken. We can’t. If we kill someone, we can’t give them their life back.

Take care.

Hold

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Can you prove that? Just out of curiosity.
Prove..I doubt i can prove i'm communicating with you. I can offer my reasoning......Humans live in social settings for survival. We are socialized. If society doesn't teach our morals our family does.

Clara Tea

Only God has power over life and death. When a person decides who lives and who dies (like President W. Bush, objecting to the al Qaeda killing 3,000 people in the World Trade Center bombing (aka 911), then killing a million Iraqis because he objects to killing) he takes on the role of God. Only God should decide what the effect of killing should be, because only God knows the future.

If, on the other hand, a human was able to see the future, and had the intelligence of God to know how killing a million Iraqis would affect the future, then perhaps, he, too, could play God.

But, God has a position of respect that no human has, since God, and God alone, created the universe, and no human had any part in the creation of the universe.

Thus, when God kills (Noah's flood), and millions of innocent people are killed as a result, God might have had a plan that we could not see.

Also, when God had a baby with Mary, who, at the time, was betrothed to (but not yet married to) Joseph, God did what he commanded humans not to do (covet other men's wives....though technically she was not yet anyone's wife). It seems to have worked out well, since their kid was Jesus. Sure, other mothers brag...."my son is a doctor" but it's very difficult to top "my son is Jesus Christ."

People are constantly asking for forgiveness of sins that they don't think that they even have. Perhaps we should forgive God for having a baby with Mary and killing much of the world's population with a flood (Noah's time)?

Man was made in God's image, and man is flawed. Does that mean that God is flawed?

We Never Know

No Slack
Only God has power over life and death. When a person decides who lives and who dies (like President W. Bush, objecting to the al Qaeda killing 3,000 people in the World Trade Center bombing (aka 911), then killing a million Iraqis because he objects to killing) he takes on the role of God. Only God should decide what the effect of killing should be, because only God knows the future.

If, on the other hand, a human was able to see the future, and had the intelligence of God to know how killing a million Iraqis would affect the future, then perhaps, he, too, could play God.

But, God has a position of respect that no human has, since God, and God alone, created the universe, and no human had any part in the creation of the universe.

Thus, when God kills (Noah's flood), and millions of innocent people are killed as a result, God might have had a plan that we could not see.

Also, when God had a baby with Mary, who, at the time, was betrothed to (but not yet married to) Joseph, God did what he commanded humans not to do (covet other men's wives....though technically she was not yet anyone's wife). It seems to have worked out well, since their kid was Jesus. Sure, other mothers brag...."my son is a doctor" but it's very difficult to top "my son is Jesus Christ."

People are constantly asking for forgiveness of sins that they don't think that they even have. Perhaps we should forgive God for having a baby with Mary and killing much of the world's population with a flood (Noah's time)?

Man was made in God's image, and man is flawed. Does that mean that God is flawed?

I stopped reading your post at the point when you made it political.

Clara Tea

Not apply. He can basically do anything within this creation at will. He's basically the admin of the server if you will.
I know petty satraps who behave the same way. How do we know that God is really God, rather than God's secretary or janitor?

We pray to God, and get no answer. We die of horrible illnesses, in horrible agony, yet, we get no pain relief or solace.

Is the real God busy?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

Why do you put former President Bush in almost every post you make :confused: even when it has nothing I do with politics :confused: