• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I we were made out of dirt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidFirth

And isn't that nice.

36234720856_441bc1eabd_z.jpg

Your deep hatred for God and all things Christian changes nothing, Skwim. All posts like this do is show your hatred and your ignorance.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Your deep hatred for God and all things Christian changes nothing, Skwim. All posts like this do is show your hatred and your ignorance.
What an absolutely fascinating and ultimately debased view of @Skwim's thought. Nothing he said had any hatred in it whatever. But somehow, you have come to the conclusion that anybody who doesn't automatically think of themselves as evil, awful, icky and not even very nice must not like God -- because that's what God thinks of you.

As a religious view, it's certainly not something I could ever recommend. (I rather suspect God doesn't recommend it either, but mostly people with that view aren't listening to God, they're listening to people with an agenda that largely includes getting rich.)

Skwim

Veteran Member

Post #22

Skwim: (image 1, which says: "Cancer: because I sinned")

DavidFirth: "No. [it's because] We all did.​

Post #38

Skwim: [amending my original image] (image 2 says: "Cancer: because you sinned") "Well of course,
smiley_facepalm.gif
because that's what good and all loving beings do."

DavidFirth: "There is none good, but one, that is, God."​

In other words, it's because of god's goodness that children have cancer.

Post #48

Skwim: "And this (image 2) you think is god's good."

DavidFirth:
[Finally recognizing his blunder, he tries backpedaling from his assertion that cancer is out of god's goodness] "No, but it is because of our evil."​

Which really only amounts to the reason god has no problem with children getting cancer

Post #81

Skwim: "And isn't that nice" (image 3 saying: "Sorry mom, but Skwim and DavidFirth are reprobates -god")​

Obviously caught in his own ridiculousness, DavidFirth abandons his loosing argument and is sadly driven to counter with another ad hominem attack: (Isn't the first time is it Dave. :D)

DavidFirth: "Your deep hatred for God and all things Christian changes nothing, Skwim. All posts like this do is show your hatred and your ignorance."

I can only say;

Thank you DavidFirth for showing us another example of twisted Christian apologetics.

Last edited:

Duke_Leto

No, but we brought sin into the world, cancer and death with it. When you look at the child in that picture you see the direct result and wage gained from sin.

Who brought that exactly? Adam? Eve?

Nevertheless, I recall that in Genesis, God directly curses the world because of Adam and Eve -- death and pain enter the world as a result of God's punishment, not as a direct result of their sin.

gnostic

The Lost One
Also, the Big Bang and macroevolution are just ways of trying to justify the belief that no God exists. All of this just follows logically. Logic is all the atheist has to stand on.

Actually, I have decided. You are both utterly ignorant and dishonest.

One of the pioneers of the Big Bang was Georges Lemaître. I have already written Lemaître was a Roman Catholic priest and Belgian astrophysicist.

That you are trying to claim the Big Bang is the work of atheists, just how st#### you really are.

Likewise, Charles Darwin was both a Christian and an agnostic. He was never an atheist and said so in one of his letters. That you don't know anything about Darwin's life, make you look completely uneducated.

Second, there are many Christians and Jews here, as well as other theist groups, who both the Big Bang and evolution, and are still religious, just demonstrated how blind you are, when you ignored them.

You have shown that you lack the intelligence and integrity todebate this thread, openly and honestly. I just wonder what you would say to Jesus when you have just lied to me.

Is lying not considered a sin, David?

Skwim

Veteran Member
Who brought that exactly? Adam? Eve?

Nevertheless, I recall that in Genesis, God directly curses the world because of Adam and Eve -- death and pain enter the world as a result of God's punishment, not as a direct result of their sin.
Exactly. As Christians would have it, their benevolent and all-loving god decided that because of the mistake of two---count 'em 2---individuals all of humanity would henceforth suffer. In almost all judicial systems there's a standard dictating the punishment fit the crime, which may possibly have been put in place after recognizing god's total lack of objective fairness and justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.