• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I we were made out of dirt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
The Russians were created from vodka. ;)

I think you are right.

I was invited to a party when I was in Moscow. The whole long table was covered in chocolates, sweets, thick coffee, and a LOT of Vodka. LOL!

The lady sitting next to me actually slid off her chair and under the table. :D

DavidFirth

35861604220_cd87b6d011.jpg

No. We all did.

DavidFirth

What on Earth are you talking about? What the heck does atheism have to do with evolution and cancer?

Also I am not a big fan of atheism either, it is a bit better than theism because it lacks the whole "divine" knowledge aspect, but it is still often just ridiculous. -isms overall are just a joke.

Atheism teaches that there is/was no creator. So if you're an atheist you're forced to conclude that cancer and death are just naturally what happens along with abiogenesis.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Atheism teaches that there is/was no creator. So if you're an atheist you're forced to conclude that cancer and death are just naturally what happens along with abiogenesis.

Yes, they are natural processes. Just like many other diseases we have figured out how to cure. Smallpox, polio, all those covered by antibiotics, etc. Yes, cancer is a scourge, but we are making progress. Many types of cancer (it isn't a single disease) already have treatments that work most of the time.

But these treatments didn't happen because people were praying. They happened because people were looking at the natural world, learning how it works, have doing the hard job of figuring out how to better this world rather than pining for the next.

So, while they are 'natural', they can also be fought with 'natural' methods and we can learn these methods by studying the natural world.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Nonsense. Genesis explains that men messed up, not God. You imply that you're not familiar with Genesis and what it says.

Some of us don't think Genesis is a valid account of history.

Nobody 'messed up'. Diseases have been around since long before the dinosaurs (we see evidence of them in the bones we discover).

As for water (also known as dihydrogen monoxide):

Dihydrogen Monoxide Research Division - dihydrogen monoxide info

It really is found in all cancer cells!

Ponder This

How come our bodies are mostly water?

*Some assembly required, batteries not included.

It seems there is no end to the desire to interpret religious text as scientific treatise. Am I right?

Religious text: "By the way, you have a soul. It's sort of important to know that you aren't just dirt."
Reader: "This passage clearly indicates we were made from dirt and not water. Science is a lie."

Yup. Pretty much every religious text everywhere should've just been a science textbook. Besides, no proof for the soul can be found anywhere using any material science we've developed. So it's clearly not important to tell anyone about that... :facepalm:

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk

I am fairly sure magical unicorns are the cause of cancer; they are mad that we gave Christmas to Santa Claus.

Not only do you seem to not even have a basic understanding of evolution or cancer but you also don't seem to understand atheism. It is no surprise you are so deeply fooled by such a silly religion as Christianity.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Atheism teaches that there is/was no creator.
No, it doesn't. Atheism doesn't teach anything.

Atheists are the people who realize that religion is fiction, created by humans. Religions are ideologies invented by humans, who have no way to Know the Truth, to convince each other of things that make them feel better. Religions are not about Truth. They are not about Reality. They are about Humanity, and human weakness and ignorance and neediness. Not about The Creator.
Tom

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

No it doesn't, atheism is simply "disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods." Nothing more nothing less, no tuition involved.

However, yes cancer and death are natural, cancer by errors in cell division, (you could blame your omniscient god for screwing up there). Death by the cessation of biological function (what god creates worshippers that conk out just when the veneration is getting good?,)

You may be interested to know, who knows if you'll ever need it but medical science is making progress to a/ reduce cancer and b/ prolong life.

DavidFirth

Status
Not open for further replies.