• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Humans and Chimp, its True...

RitalinO.D.

He's a ***** cat compared to (newhope101). She's and Old Earth Creationist that for some reason distrust dating methods. Go figure....and OEC that doesn't trust the very science that says the earth is old.

There's word for that. It's called an Oxymoron. (And no NH, I'm not calling you a moron, so don't get all crazy)

She's against evolution but agrees that organisms adapt. She disagrees with Beneficial Mutation...other than in the case of immunity...which in her mind falls under the classification of (adaptation)....She believes her god used a blueprint in order to "create" humans...even though she has no testable evidence for her claims....

I mean I can go on with what she asserts. But what can you really teach these people...?...nothing...because they refuse to be educated......:sad:

Either keep trying to "educate" them, if that's what you want to call it, or eventually get fed up and leave them to their ignorance.

At some point, enough is enough.

Android

The fact that they are interested in this subject shows some level of intelligence. Real morons wouldnt give the topic a moments thought.
Sometimes I think these people are actually lying on purpose to recruit the real morons into thier flock. If that really is the case... it's not very "christian like"

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
The fact that they are interested in this subject shows some level of intelligence. Real morons wouldnt give the topic a moments thought.
Sometimes I think these people are actually lying on purpose to recruit the real morons into thier flock. If that really is the case... it's not very "christian like"
Though it would tend to explain the unusually high number of morons...
Just saying.

Android

hahaha indeed!
Has anyone noticed any correlation between creationism and geographical location?
Do these people all live in the United States? (I mean no offence to americans, just asking).

Commoner

Headache
hahaha indeed!
Has anyone noticed any correlation between creationism and geographical location?
Do these people all live in the United States? (I mean no offence to americans, just asking).

From my interactions with creationists, it could very well be that they are from another planet.

Last edited:

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
It is far easier to explain evolution to a Chimp than to an creationist
Both have a degree of intelligence but it is atrophied in a creationist.

gnostic

The Lost One
man of faith said:
Gabe,
I believe you are sincere and to that I say bravo to you. However I believe there is only one place for the facts about how we got here and that is the Bible. Everything that I see marries up to that. Everything that I see is contrary to the ToE. I believe it is you that needs to learn, not me. You need to get away from those evolution promoting websites and start spending time on the creation ones and get better information.

So you want us to believe in the myth that originally came from 3rd millennium Bronze Age Sumerian mythological literature?

That the first man was made from earth, like clay? Do you think that more realistic?

And the 1st woman made out of Adam's rib?

Wonderful.

So you want us to believe that god can do magic trick?

Speak the incantation or magic words and it will happen. And I thought Christians didn't believe in witchcraft.

waitasec

Veteran Member
i think one of the main reasons creationists dismiss evolution is because of the thought that humans couldn't have evolved from anything else...
humans are perfect, made in the image of god...whatever that means.
evolution implies imperfection at it's beginnings...but nonetheless, we have evidence which does support the fact of evolution and sometimes the evidence presented doesn't consider religious feelings

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
hahaha indeed!

The U.S. does have a larger number of Christian fundamentalists compared to other western countries, and on top of that they're constantly trying to undermine education in an attempt to bring everyone else down to their level.
However, there is a girl here (newhope) who's from Australia and a creationist.

Last edited:

Android

However, there is a girl here (newhope) who's from Australia and a creationist.

WOW, I have never met a creationist here in Aust. The only people here that are even remotely religeous are the old generation 60yrs+.
If i ever was to meet one, I'd have a hard time restraining myself from beating the crap out of them for the way they treat the lifes work of countless good scientists.

I find it terrifying that a country with the millitary power of the U.S.A. has such a large population of history deniers. If one was ever to get hold of "the button", I fear they would be tempted to pust it. Just so they could bring on "the rapture".

RitalinO.D.

WOW, I have never met a creationist here in Aust. The only people here that are even remotely religeous are the old generation 60yrs+.
If i ever was to meet one, I'd have a hard time restraining myself from beating the crap out of them for the way they treat the lifes work of countless good scientists.

I find it terrifying that a country with the millitary power of the U.S.A. has such a large population of history deniers. If one was ever to get hold of "the button", I fear they would be tempted to pust it. Just so they could bring on "the rapture".

What do you mean by "History deniers"?

ninerbuff

godless wonder
Nothwithstanding that there is no evidence for this and it is all made up out of man's imagination, it is not even belieavable. Let me put to bed this notion that people don't believe in evolution because they are ignorant. The more I learn about evolution the more I see it's weaknesses, not its strenghts. Evolution is a dying theory, it can no longer be propped up through intimidation and the courts. People are too sophistaced for that, we want evidence, not empty name calling and scare tactics.

98% of all fossils have been discovered. The evidence for evolution is just not there in the fossil record. Random mutation cannot account for increased information. As dogs evolve ino new breeds we see that DNA information decreases.
98% of ALL fossils? So how many did we have to begin with?:facepalm:
Neanderthal (which we do have evidence for) isn't human nor chimp. He's a cousin to homo sapien. Explain why he looks more like man, but isn't categorized as human based on genetics.

RitalinO.D.

98% of ALL fossils? So how many did we have to begin with?:facepalm:
Neanderthal (which we do have evidence for) isn't human nor chimp. He's a cousin to homo sapien. Explain why he looks more like man, but isn't categorized as human based on genetics.

What kills me is how some people come up with these crazy numbers, like the 98% example, which is pretty much all but impossible to know. That's like saying 98% of the planets in the universe have been discovered.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Nothwithstanding that there is no evidence for this and it is all made up out of man's imagination, it is not even belieavable. Let me put to bed this notion that people don't believe in evolution because they are ignorant. The more I learn about evolution the more I see it's weaknesses, not its strenghts. Evolution is a dying theory, it can no longer be propped up through intimidation and the courts. People are too sophistaced for that, we want evidence, not empty name calling and scare tactics.

98% of all fossils have been discovered. The evidence for evolution is just not there in the fossil record. Random mutation cannot account for increased information. As dogs evolve ino new breeds we see that DNA information decreases.

It interests me how many Christians refuse to be bothered by their religion's prohibition against bearing false witness.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
This is the usual way of evolutionists,lacking evidence and deriding others' minds.

:facepalm::facepalm: DOuble face palm, one just isn't enough.

Evidence for creation involves beliving some supreme being "made us."

Sorry buddy, sounds like something i'd tell someone elses children to scare them away from annoying me :rolleyes:

kepha31

This argument is absurd because evolution can coexist with faith. A creationist is a misnomer, IMO. They are really literalists.

“They (creation and evolution) are presented as alternatives that exclude each other. This clash is an absurdity because on one hand there is much scientific proof in favor of evolution, which appears as a reality that we must see and which enriches our understanding of life and being as such...evolution did not answer all the questions: “Above all it does not answer the great philosophical question,
‘Where does everything come from?’”
Pope: Creation vs. evolution an