• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Humans and Chimp, its True...

adi2d

No, because if I/we do then you could pin something on me, it is better if we ignore the definition and then just continue, if you prove me wrong then I point to the fact that I have another definition of the word and the word you are using is wrong.. So there.. HAHA... ME win!!!!

So, I guess everyone here has given up, the Creationist ignore all responses explaining the facts to them, and all Educated people have explained everything 10 times over times 10 or so people and it goes round and round. They just ignore the facts, they do not want the facts..

They fear the facts. It is so sad, I wish some of them wanted to learn, I LOVE helping people, I do not know why, i just want to help and assist them as well as it makes ME more knowledgable and I learn more myself, both on how to explain things and read up on things I know nothing or little about... Oh well.

Any Lurker Creationist or Denier of Evolution, feel free to add something if you want, we gladly help out if anything is confusing about our Historical Fact of our own and others Evolution.

:(
I'm interested in learning more about this but am almost at the too stupid to ask stage. Thanks for trying to explain .I had hopes for this thread when it started ,guess that shows all what a newby I am. I am lookingfor a definition of "hinds" and how it differs from "spieces".
Thanks again for the enjoyable reading

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I'm interested in learning more about this but am almost at the too stupid to ask stage. Thanks for trying to explain .I had hopes for this thread when it started ,guess that shows all what a newby I am. I am lookingfor a definition of "hinds" and how it differs from "spieces".
I would suggest hitting up Autodidact for information on evolution.
She has offered numerous times through out the centuries (hehe) to create a thread for the sole purpose of not only presenting the evidence for evolution, but explaining what said evidence means in layman's terms.

Painted Wolf is also exceedingly knowledgeable about evolution. (at least compared to me).

There are a few others, but Autodidact and Painted Wolf are the two who have constantly and consistently presented information at a low enough level for me to understand and learn from them about evolution.

Gunfingers

Happiness Incarnate

Just so I'm clear, by "hinds" did you mean "kinds"? As in the creationist barrier to evolution?

RitalinO.D.

The movie "Jesus Camp" comes to mind, I wonder how many of does kids have gotten the chance to live in the real world and I wonder how they look at their parents, as demented morons or the way we look at child predators, they are all the same to me, Destroying innocent children are the purest of Evil.

That movie was seriously screwed up. It's hard to watch such young kids so indictrinated with religion like that. They never had a chance to make up their own mind. Brainwashed from the start.

When a 10 year old girl speaks like she's been preaching for 40 years, I think it's safe to say she never had a chance at a normal childhood.

Sum1sGruj

That movie was seriously screwed up. It's hard to watch such young kids so indictrinated with religion like that. They never had a chance to make up their own mind. Brainwashed from the start.

When a 10 year old girl speaks like she's been preaching for 40 years, I think it's safe to say she never had a chance at a normal childhood.

Because being Christian means you cannot have a normal, productive, and successful life. You must adhere to depressing godless reality as if it makes a world of difference to one's fortitude. Those kids are poisoned and sickly and God.. I mean, uhh, Dawkins help them!
:biglaugh:

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Because being Christian means you cannot have a normal, productive, and successful life. You must adhere to depressing godless reality as if it makes a world of difference to one's fortitude. Those kids are poisoned and sickly and God.. I mean, uhh, Dawkins help them!

Nobody else is going to say it?

Okay, I will:

Ahem.

STRAWMAN!

RitalinO.D.

I said nothing of the sort. However, I do not think a child should be indoctrinated into religion. Period. It should be a decision they get to make on their own when they are old enough to make a conscious decision about it.

The kids in that program were very clearly indoctrinated.

Sum1sGruj

The kings of strawmans have invoked upon me the charge of strawmanning.
Oh no!!

Just doing what you both are so exceedingly good at.
Though my statement wasn't unwarranted, judging by what I have seen come out of one of you in the past..

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
The kings of strawmans have invoked upon me the charge of strawmanning.
Quote a single example of a straw man I've made.

Oh no!!

Just doing what you both are so exceedingly good at.
Though my statement wasn't unwarranted, judging by what I have seen come out of one of you in the past..
So, if other people straw man you (even if you just imagine it) it's wrong - but when you pull a straw man it's totally okay?

So, you're a hypocrite, then?

Sum1sGruj

Quote a single example of a straw man I've made.

So, if other people straw man you (even if you just imagine it) it's wrong - but when you pull a straw man it's totally okay?

So, you're a hypocrite, then?

If you want to be technically technical in all technicality, maybe.

But he quoted such contempt and added to it by saying that he feels bad for those kids, so it looks like a pretty clear co-sign to me.
I don't have to post your strawmans, all I have to do is say go back to your past arguments with me and 50% of the total of your statements are strawmans.
Some of you don't really appreciate the common decency of avoiding them.

And I don't see anything wrong with kids going to 'Jesus Camp'. They are not being poisoned. It's Christianity, not Nazism. They are being taught the message, not the dark mirrors of heaven. Those children will probably be a lot more well off than half of us when they grow up, so I don't see how any contrary is better.

RitalinO.D.

But he quoted such contempt and added to it by saying that he feels bad for those kids, so it looks like a pretty clear co-sign to me.
I don't have to post your strawmans, all I have to do is say go back to your past arguments with me and 50% of the total of your statements are strawmans.

And I don't see anything wrong with kids going to 'Jesus Camp'. They are not being poisoned. It's Christianity, not Nazism. They are being taught the message, not the dark mirrors of heaven. Those children will probably be a lot more well off than half of us when they grow up, so I don't see how any contrary is better.

Since when is having an opinion a strawman?

And your definition of "well off" is quite different than mine is. Not having a choice of being pushed into religion is not my idea of well off.

Nothwithstanding that there is no evidence for this and it is all made up out of man's imagination, it is not even belieavable. Let me put to bed this notion that people don't believe in evolution because they are ignorant. The more I learn about evolution the more I see it's weaknesses, not its strenghts. Evolution is a dying theory, it can no longer be propped up through intimidation and the courts. People are too sophistaced for that, we want evidence, not empty name calling and scare tactics.

98% of all fossils have been discovered. The evidence for evolution is just not there in the fossil record. Random mutation cannot account for increased information. As dogs evolve ino new breeds we see that DNA information decreases.

Oh the irony :cover:

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I love how you accuse other people of playing semantic word games, then when someone levels a pretty straightforward accusation at you it's "technical".

There's nothing "technical" about it. You're a hypocrite.

What you choose to interpret or infer from his statements based on your biases has no impact on what was actually said.

So, you don't have to quote a straw man, all you have to do is claim that I form straw men?

How convenient.

You being the worst - above being a prime example.

Again, hypocrisy.

Once again, this is a straw man. They were talking purely about a specific group of children who went to a specific Christian summer camp that was depicted in a specific movie - at no point did they suggest that the experience of those children reflect all - or even the majority - of experiences at Christian camps throughout the world.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
..........Wow!
You know this do you?
Forget Jesus, people should worship you instead!

If i sacrifice my 1st born son to you, will you tell me where the last 2% are hiding?

No need to be cynnical, creationists have to pull numbers from somewhere to support their "facts." I just wish those facts din't come from where the sun don't shine ;)

Android

You're right, I didnt need to be cynnical as he will probably never read my reply.
It is however hard to keep a cool head if you read this whole 30+ pages. Especially when this guy claims to be a scientist and to use the scientific method (which he got from a grossly oversimplified diagram). He even compares himself to Darwin.
I'm sorry if I sound nasty, but I'm actually trying to restrain myself.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
You're right, I didnt need to be cynnical as he will probably never read my reply.
It is however hard to keep a cool head if you read this whole 30+ pages. Especially when this guy claims to be a scientist and to use the scientific method (which he got from a grossly oversimplified diagram). He even compares himself to Darwin.
I'm sorry if I sound nasty, but I'm actually trying to restrain myself.

Yeah, restrain yourself. For us long timers around here we're use to him and others like him. The claims are faith based and in debates one really can't win the debate against long term brainwashing.....regardless what the evidence says.....

Android

Yeah, restrain yourself. For us long timers around here we're use to him and others like him. The claims are faith based and in debates one really can't win the debate against long term brainwashing.....regardless what the evidence says.....

Hehehe yeah I've noticed. I'm new to this forum, but i've been trying to "un-brainwash" people like this for many years now. This guy just frustrates me more than most as he is obviously not stupid. If only that brain power could be used for something constructive.

I dont understand why he doesnt just go and do a biological sciences degree? He is clearly interested in the subject.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Hehehe yeah I've noticed. I'm new to this forum, but i've been trying to "un-brainwash" people like this for many years now. This guy just frustrates me more than most as he is obviously not stupid. If only that brain power could be used for something constructive.

I dont understand why he doesnt just go and do a biological sciences degree? He is clearly interested in the subject.

He's a ***** cat compared to (newhope101). She's and Old Earth Creationist that for some reason distrust dating methods. Go figure....and OEC that doesn't trust the very science that says the earth is old.

She's against evolution but agrees that organisms adapt. She disagrees with Beneficial Mutation...other than in the case of immunity...which in her mind falls under the classification of (adaptation)....She believes her god used a blueprint in order to "create" humans...even though she has no testable evidence for her claims....

I mean I can go on with what she asserts. But what can you really teach these people...?...nothing...because they refuse to be educated......:sad: