• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

From Whence Cometh This Nonsense?

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I keep hearing certain folks going on about how Jesus was a king. Josephus wrote the Gospels. Jesus is buried in England. Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene. All this.

Where does this, frankly, rubbish come from? Any New Testament scholar will tell you that we know next to nothing about he historical Jesus so who came up with these ramblings and from where?
Also Jesus was in the Himalayan region during his missing years.

There may be few historical sources and scanty evidence and traditions supporting this stuff. Also, for me, I consider what psychics and channels have to tell us about the life of Jesus. My leading theory is that he had five children with his wife Mary Magdalene in southern France after his swoon (recovery from crucifixion wounds).

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I keep hearing certain folks going on about how Jesus was a king. Josephus wrote the Gospels. Jesus is buried in England. Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene. All this.

Where does this, frankly, rubbish come from? Any New Testament scholar will tell you that we know next to nothing about he historical Jesus so who came up with these ramblings and from where?
You're not seriously suggesting that Jesus didn't spend his missing years living in Glastonbury? Come on.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Jesus is buried in England.
Says so in the Gospel according to Merlin.
"Ande Jesus when he was kill'd and dead, they carri'd him backe to the lande of his brethren, sweet Anglia." (Mer. 29:14)​

Modern scholars believe the term "his brethren" refers to the Ten Lost Tribes, who, according to the Apostle Merlin, had been exiled all the way to Britain.

Terry Sampson

'Jesus in India'
  • Claims of Jesus Christ in India and/or Tibet before crucifixion
    • Louis Jacolliot, 1869 - "The idea of Indian influences on Jesus (and Christianity) has been suggested in Louis Jacolliot's book La Bible dans l'Inde, Vie de Iezeus Christna (1869)[29] (The Bible in India, or the Life of Jezeus Christna), although Jacolliot does not claim travels by Jesus to India.
      • Jacolliot compared the accounts of the life of Bhagavan Krishna with that of Jesus Christ in the gospels and concluded that it could not have been a coincidence that the two stories have so many similarities in many of the finer details. He concluded that the account in the gospels is a myth based on the history of ancient India. However, Jacolliot was comparing two different periods of history (or mythology) and did not claim that Jesus was in India. Jacolliot used the spelling "Christna" instead of "Krishna" and claimed that Krishna's disciples gave him the name "Jezeus," a name supposed to mean "pure essence" in Sanskrit.[30] However, according to Max Müller, that is not a Sanskrit term at all and "it was simply invented" by Jacolliot.
    • Nicolas Notovich, 1887 - In 1887, a Russian war correspondent, Nicolas Notovich, claimed that while at the Hemis Monastery in Ladakh, he had learned of a document called the "Life of Saint Issa, Best of the Sons of Men" – Isa being the Arabic name of Jesus in Islam.[32][33] Notovitch's story, with a translated text of the "Life of Saint Issa," was published in French in 1894 as La vie inconnue de Jesus Christ (Unknown Life of Jesus Christ).
      • According to the scrolls, Jesus abandoned Jerusalem at the age of 13 and set out towards Sind, “intending to improve and perfect himself in the divine understanding and to studying the laws of the great Buddha”. He crossed Punjab and reached Puri Jagannath where he studied the Vedas under Brahmin priests. He spent six years in Puri and Rajgirh, near Nalanda, the ancient seat of Hindu learning. Then he went to the Himalayas, and spent time in Tibetan monasteries, studying Buddhism, and through Persia, returned to Jerusalem at the age of 29.o have had.
  • Swami Abhedananda, 1922 -In 1922 Swami Abhedananda, the founder of Vedanta Society of New York 1897 and the author of several books, went to Himalayas on foot and reached Tibet, where he studied Buddhistic philosophy and Lamaism. He was one of the skeptics who tried to debunk Nicholas Notovitch and disprove the existence of the manuscript about Jesus in India. However, when he reached Hemis monastery he found the manuscript which was a Tibetan translation of the original scrolls written in Pali. The lama said that it was a copy and the original was in a monastery at Marbour near Lhasa. After Abhedananda's death in 1939, one of his disciples inquired about the documents at the Hemis monastery, but was told they disappeared.
  • Levi H. Dowling, 1908 - In 1908, Levi H. Dowling published the Aquarian Gospel of Jesus the Christ which he claimed was channeled to him from the "Akashic Records" as the true story of the life of Jesus, including "the 'lost' eighteen years silent in the New Testament." The narrative follows the young Jesus across India, Tibet, Persia, Assyria, Greece and Egypt.[43] Dowling's work was later used by Holger Kersten who combined it with elements derived from other sources such as the Ahmadiyya beliefs.
  • Nicholas Roerich, 1925 - In 1925, Nicholas Roerich recorded his travels through Ladak in India. This portion of his journal was published in 1933 as part of Altai Himalaya. He recounts legends of Issa shared with him by the Ladak people and lamas including that Issa (Jesus) traveled from Israel to India with merchants and taught the people. An extended section of this text parallels sections of Notovitch's book and Roerich comments on the remarkable similarity of the accounts of the Ladak to these passages, despite the Ladak's having no knowledge of Notovitch's book. He also recounts that the stories of others on his travel refer to various manuscripts and legends regarding Jesus (Issa) and that he personally visited the "abbot" of Hemis.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
He concluded that the account in the gospels is a myth based on the history of ancient India. However, Jacolliot was comparing two different periods of history (or mythology) and did not claim that Jesus was in India. Jacolliot used the spelling "Christna" instead of "Krishna" and claimed that Krishna's disciples gave him the name "Jezeus," a name supposed to mean "pure essence" in Sanskrit.[30] However, according to Max Müller, that is not a Sanskrit term at all and "it was simply invented" by Jacolliot.
This is the kind of nonsense that makes me want to smash my head against a wall.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Modern scholars believe the term "his brethren" refers to the Ten Lost Tribes, who, according to the Apostle Merlin, had been exiled all the way to Britain.
@Rival , the way I heard it ...

... there was a gathering outside the tent of meeting somewhere near Kent. The question being discussed was "who has rights to this land?". Finally, Eliezer McJudah posted the huge proclamation which read:

א׳ן בר׳ת - (ayn brit - no covenant)​

The others objected but, eventually, bowed to that ruling. And, because they did not instead defer to the majority opinion, their knowledge of Hebrew was obliterated and replaced with an hashem-cursed language that read from left to right. And the land became known as ...

Brit - ayn

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I keep hearing certain folks going on about how Jesus was a king
Jesus is referred to as the King of the Jews. So this is not so strange to me

Jesus is buried in England
I never heard that one. I just saw a YouTube that all billionaires come to Britain; maybe Jesus did pave the way:D

Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene
That one I hear a lot.
My guess is that people rather relate to someone having sex, then to someone who never has sex. It's one of the hardest to give up for most.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Jesus is referred to as the King of the Jews. So this is not so strange to me
Yes but this is not referring to an actual king, as Jesus clearly wasn't, according to the narrative. The way I've heard it said is that Jesus was a bona fide king with crown and sceptre. Like Harel.

Terry Sampson

Wasn't he born in Britain?
That's why I called him a foreigner.
My humor explained:
I heard a story many years ago, about a Brit who was traveling through the southern U.S. states, and stopped at a little cafe in sparsely populated area. The waitress took his order and eyeballed him when he spoke, noted that "y'all ain't from around here, are ya?", then proceeded to ask him where he was from. He explained that he was a tourist from England and was traveling on holiday. To which she responded, "Ain't that somethin'! Ya speak purty good English for a foreigner."

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
  • Claims of Jesus Christ in India and/or Tibet before crucifixion
    • Louis Jacolliot, 1869 - "The idea of Indian influences on Jesus (and Christianity) has been suggested in Louis Jacolliot's book La Bible dans l'Inde, Vie de Iezeus Christna (1869)[29] (The Bible in India, or the Life of Jezeus Christna), although Jacolliot does not claim travels by Jesus to India.
      • Jacolliot compared the accounts of the life of Bhagavan Krishna with that of Jesus Christ in the gospels and concluded that it could not have been a coincidence that the two stories have so many similarities in many of the finer details. He concluded that the account in the gospels is a myth based on the history of ancient India. However, Jacolliot was comparing two different periods of history (or mythology) and did not claim that Jesus was in India. Jacolliot used the spelling "Christna" instead of "Krishna" and claimed that Krishna's disciples gave him the name "Jezeus," a name supposed to mean "pure essence" in Sanskrit.[30] However, according to Max Müller, that is not a Sanskrit term at all and "it was simply invented" by Jacolliot.
    • Nicolas Notovich, 1887 - In 1887, a Russian war correspondent, Nicolas Notovich, claimed that while at the Hemis Monastery in Ladakh, he had learned of a document called the "Life of Saint Issa, Best of the Sons of Men" – Isa being the Arabic name of Jesus in Islam.[32][33] Notovitch's story, with a translated text of the "Life of Saint Issa," was published in French in 1894 as La vie inconnue de Jesus Christ (Unknown Life of Jesus Christ).
      • According to the scrolls, Jesus abandoned Jerusalem at the age of 13 and set out towards Sind, “intending to improve and perfect himself in the divine understanding and to studying the laws of the great Buddha”. He crossed Punjab and reached Puri Jagannath where he studied the Vedas under Brahmin priests. He spent six years in Puri and Rajgirh, near Nalanda, the ancient seat of Hindu learning. Then he went to the Himalayas, and spent time in Tibetan monasteries, studying Buddhism, and through Persia, returned to Jerusalem at the age of 29.o have had.
  • Swami Abhedananda, 1922 -In 1922 Swami Abhedananda, the founder of Vedanta Society of New York 1897 and the author of several books, went to Himalayas on foot and reached Tibet, where he studied Buddhistic philosophy and Lamaism. He was one of the skeptics who tried to debunk Nicholas Notovitch and disprove the existence of the manuscript about Jesus in India. However, when he reached Hemis monastery he found the manuscript which was a Tibetan translation of the original scrolls written in Pali. The lama said that it was a copy and the original was in a monastery at Marbour near Lhasa. After Abhedananda's death in 1939, one of his disciples inquired about the documents at the Hemis monastery, but was told they disappeared.
  • Levi H. Dowling, 1908 - In 1908, Levi H. Dowling published the Aquarian Gospel of Jesus the Christ which he claimed was channeled to him from the "Akashic Records" as the true story of the life of Jesus, including "the 'lost' eighteen years silent in the New Testament." The narrative follows the young Jesus across India, Tibet, Persia, Assyria, Greece and Egypt.[43] Dowling's work was later used by Holger Kersten who combined it with elements derived from other sources such as the Ahmadiyya beliefs.
  • Nicholas Roerich, 1925 - In 1925, Nicholas Roerich recorded his travels through Ladak in India. This portion of his journal was published in 1933 as part of Altai Himalaya. He recounts legends of Issa shared with him by the Ladak people and lamas including that Issa (Jesus) traveled from Israel to India with merchants and taught the people. An extended section of this text parallels sections of Notovitch's book and Roerich comments on the remarkable similarity of the accounts of the Ladak to these passages, despite the Ladak's having no knowledge of Notovitch's book. He also recounts that the stories of others on his travel refer to various manuscripts and legends regarding Jesus (Issa) and that he personally visited the "abbot" of Hemis.

The Quran says that Jesus did not die on the cross.

Also Meher Baba:

There is one secret about Jesus which the Christians do not know. When Jesus was crucified, he did not die. He entered the state of Nirvikalp Samadhi (the I-am-God state without bodily consciousness).

On the third day, he again became conscious of his body, and he traveled secretly in disguise eastward (with some apostles) to India. This was called Jesus' resurrection.

After reaching India, he traveled farther east to Rangoon, in Burma, where he remained for some time. He then went north to Kashmir, where he settled.

When his work was finished on earth, he dropped his body and entered Nirvikalp Samadhi permanently.

Saints in India have verified these facts about Jesus' travels. Mankind will soon become aware of the true life of Jesus.

23 August 1925, Meherabad, LM3 p752