• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

[FOR MUSLIMS] Am I, as a Christian, Officially a Disbeliever/Kaffir under these conditions?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Yes. Jesus took on the sins of the whole world. All other orthodox Christians believe the same thing about Jesus. Also, it is NOT polytheism. When will Muslims learn? When you think of Monotheism you assume Unitarianism, we Christiani are Trinitarian monotheists. Get used to it. Those 'other Christians' are heretics. Jehovah's Witnesses? Mormons? Heretics.
As a Mormon, I find your labeling me as a heretic to be very malicious and needlessly judgmental. Do you know what I believe about Jesus Christ? Well, I'll tell you. I believe every last thing the Bible has to say about Him. Every last detail. I may not believe what certain creeds written some three and four hundred years after Christ's death have to say on the subject, but in that regard, I'm in pretty good company. I've never read a single, solitary quote from any of Christ's Apostles that indicates they believed in three divine persons who collectively make up a single substance. I'm not quite sure why you think you are in any better position to define who's a heretic and who's not, but heresy is really just a matter of perspective. Furthermore, the only one whose perspective really matters is God's. You don't like it when Muslims say your beliefs are polytheistic, and yet you have no qualms about doing the same thing to me. I would think that having been the recipient of such judgmental behavior, you would hesitate to engage in it yourself.

Last edited:
It's hard, I didn't say it's easy
Everyone is responsible to find the absolute truth that Almighty will accept and it's only one truth not many not even two
If one can risk his life to gain money, food, house, joy,,
Does the Truth worth the same?
Does the eternal life after death worth?
It worth to spent time, money, discussion, travel,,, any price to know the truth
It worth
It's a must
Almighty will not forgive who didn't reach the Truth
Many people do it. I have seen videos about a Russian girl and Some Europeans who did the same and became Muslims.

You have no proof that dead people can interacte with people alive.
Martyrs or not they can't hear us that's the truth.
Dear Friend dead people can hear us, as i told you before. "People are dead. They wake up (become aware of the truth) after death."
Here are some proofs from Quran:
in Az-Zukhruf Surah (45), God Tells prophet Muhammad
"And ask those We sent before you of Our messengers; have We made besides the Most Merciful deities to be worshiped?"
The prophets before Prophet Muhammad were all dead when this verse was revealed. Weren't they? But God tells him to ask them. the messengers who were all dead.
Or in Al-Sajdah (23), God Tells Prophet Mohammad
"And We certainly gave Moses the Scripture, so do not be in doubt over his meeting. And we made the Torah guidance for the Children of Israel."
Wasn't prophet Moses dead at that time?
When you want to bury dead people don't you remind them of God by reciting "there is no God but Allah, Muhammad is his messenger, Islam is your religion, Muhammad is your prophet?" (Talgeen). Isn't it useless, if they don't hear? Do you know "Imam Muslim ibn al-Hajjaj al-Naysaburi (Sahih Muslim)?" I suppose he is very respected among you and you frequently refer to his books when there is a doubt about something. in one of his famous books, Kitab al Janaiz he refers to Prophet Muhammad's words regarding Talqeen. Chapter "prompting the dead la ilaha illallah."

Pastek

Sunni muslim
Dear Friend dead people can hear us, as i told you before. "People are dead. They wake up (become aware of the truth) after death."

When you want to bury dead people don't you remind them of God by reciting "there is no God but Allah, Muhammad is his messenger, Islam is your religion, Muhammad is your prophet?" (Talgeen). Isn't it useless, if they don't hear?

Salam my friend

Just to clarify : i know that dead people can hear us if we go in their grave and talk to them directly but i don't believe they can do anything for you.
I know that people in the grave are in reality alive if we percieve them as dead and some are suffering while other not etc i think the majority of us know that, it's clear in the Quran and the hadiths.

When i say they are dead they can't hear you i mean : if you pray (ASK) something to "dead" people (not going in the grave) they can't hear you.
If you ask things to Muhammad or Jesus or a martyr, saint etc at home or mosque for exemple : they can't hear you
BUT if you go in the grave and talk to anyone , they will hear you. Just hear you but they can't do anything for you.

I don't know much about the shias concerning this, but i've heard some people pray to Ali in their prayers. Not sure about that but i think i saw some videos about this some years ago.
Do you pray to Ali (asking things/help) ?

Or in Al-Sajdah (23), God Tells Prophet Mohammad
"And We certainly gave Moses the Scripture, so do not be in doubt over his meeting. And we made the Torah guidance for the Children of Israel."
Wasn't prophet Moses dead at that time?

Yes he was dead. I don't understand what you mean with that verse.

[
In Islam asking help (praying) to someone else that God is "shirk" (association).
So praying Jesus, Mary, Joseph or mother Theresa is all the same.

By the way there's muslims who also go in some tombs and pray(ask help) to prophets and saints, this is shirk and they end in the same sin as christians. So they also risk Hell (even if they believe in the Quran).
At first you said going to shrines and asking help from prophets and saints is Shirk. Then you said:
You have no proof that dead people can interacte with people alive.
Martyrs or not they can't hear us that's the truth.
isn't hearing us while we speak interaction?!!! first you said no interaction and they can't hear us and now you say just when you are in their graves! Why? Does their shrine give you or them a special power? or opens a window to heavens?!
If you ask things to Muhammad or Jesus or a martyr, saint etc at home or mosque for exemple : they can't hear you
BUT if you go in the grave and talk to anyone , they will hear you. Just hear you but they can't do anything for you.
Can I be frank? don't you think you keep changing your words?
Now another proof:
Abi bakr Abdullah Ibn Muhammad, Bukhari's instructor (you trust him a lot), once an old man, Bilal Ibn Harth goes to the prophet's shrine and asks for rain because at that year there was a very bad drought. At night, he sees the prophet in his dream and Prophet muhammad tells him to go to Umar ibn Khatab, give my regards to him, and tells him it will rain if he becomes more generous with the people. Umar cries and tells God I will do whatever I can. Here is the book find it and read it. Volume 6, page 356. (they can hear us and give us things of course God gives them this power)
(
2.jpg

Pastek

Sunni muslim
At first you said going to shrines and asking help from prophets and saints is Shirk.

It is !
I went to hajj and prayed in Medina in Masjed el Nabawi face to Prophet Muhammad's graves.
I didn't pray to him i just said "assalam ay3leykom" and did 2 rak'at (for Allah of course)
I didn't ask anything.

When people go to graves they talk to their dear ones, some read Quran to them ect
But those who ask for help to their dear ones, prophets or martyrs are doing shirk.

Then you said:
isn't hearing us while we speak interaction?!!! first you said no interaction and they can't hear us and now you say just when you are in their graves! Why? Does their shrine give you or them a special power? or opens a window to heavens?!
Can I be frank? don't you think you keep changing your words?

No, i said IF you go in the grave directly and talk to them they hear you but they can't do anything.

I also said if you pray from distance to people like christians pray Jesus, Mary or marthyrs saints etc they can't hear you from far.

That's why i said that the blessings (blessings not prayers) to Prophets Muhammad are sent to him on Friday : meaning people who after their prayer send their blessings to him ( meaning : allahoma sally ala Muhammad kayma salat a3la ibrahim w ahli ibrahim etc)
And i said only the blessings come to him. Not the prayers.

I didn't change my words, read again my previous posts.

Now another proof:
Abi bakr Abdullah Ibn Muhammad, Bukhari's instructor (you trust him a lot), once an old man, Bilal Ibn Harth goes to the prophet's shrine and asks for rain because at that year there was a very bad drought. At night, he sees the prophet in his dream and Prophet muhammad tells him to go to Umar ibn Khatab, give my regards to him, and tells him it will rain if he becomes more generous with the people. Umar cries and tells God I will do whatever I can. Here is the book find it and read it. Volume 6, page 356. (they can hear us and give us things of course God gives them this power)
(

My dear friend, i don't believe every hadiths even when it comes from Bukhari etc.
There's many hadiths who are just compilations but doesn't mean it's necessary true in the transmission.
Some contradict the Quran so for me they are not to be take in consideration.

This said, i only pray to Allah and i never prayed to Prophet Muhammad.

I don't believe at all he can interced for us (just in the hereafter but it's other subject)
Show me Quran's verse or a hadith where Allah or the Prophet himself said : pray to me(to the prophet) i will intercede.
And even if you find a hadith from sunni scholar saying this, i will still considerate it as shirk and reject the hadith.
Because the Quran is very clear about this.
Why would muslims say to christians not to ask Jesus if we ask Muhammad ? That is a contradiction don't you agree ?

You haven't answer about Ali's question ...

It is !
I went to hajj and prayed in Medina in Masjed el Nabawi face to Prophet Muhammad's graves.
I didn't pray to him i just said "assalam ay3leykom" and did 2 rak'at (for Allah of course)
I didn't ask anything.

When people go to graves they talk to their dear ones, some read Quran to them ect
But those who ask for help to their dear ones, prophets or martyrs are doing shirk.

No, i said IF you go in the grave directly and talk to them they hear you but they can't do anything.

I also said if you pray from distance to people like christians pray Jesus, Mary or marthyrs saints etc they can't hear you from far.

That's why i said that the blessings (blessings not prayers) to Prophets Muhammad are sent to him on Friday : meaning people who after their prayer send their blessings to him ( meaning : allahoma sally ala Muhammad kayma salat a3la ibrahim w ahli ibrahim etc)
And i said only the blessings come to him. Not the prayers.

I didn't change my words, read again my previous posts.

My dear friend, i don't believe every hadiths even when it comes from Bukhari etc.
There's many hadiths who are just compilations but doesn't mean it's necessary true in the transmission.
Some contradict the Quran so for me they are not to be take in consideration.

This said, i only pray to Allah and i never prayed to Prophet Muhammad.

I don't believe at all he can interced for us (just in the hereafter but it's other subject)
Show me Quran's verse or a hadith where Allah or the Prophet himself said : pray to me(to the prophet) i will intercede.
And even if you find a hadith from sunni scholar saying this, i will still considerate it as shirk and reject the hadith.
Because the Quran is very clear about this.
Why would muslims say to christians not to ask Jesus if we ask Muhammad ? That is a contradiction don't you agree ?

You haven't answer about Ali's question ...
I justified my words by using the verses of Quran and Islamic sources. But you just say I believe this and I don't believe that. The rule of debate is supporting your claims by bringing proofs from credible sources like Quran or other Islamic sources. If you don't believe in Sunnis' and Shias' sources then who do you believe in? You just simply deny the books and hadiths that have been being used for hundreds of years. It means rejecting tens of thousands of Islamic figures, scholars, and experts who have used these books and hadiths. You ask me to give you a hadith from prophet Muhammad. Where should I find it? shouldn't I search in Sunnis' or Shias' sources? Then simply you label it as fake or shirk, and why, because you think it is wrong. It seems that you call everything shirk except the things YOU THINK is right. If everyone interprets and judges the Islamic rules and hadiths the way he/she wants, there will be too many types of Islam. The situation will be worse than now!!! Like those who call themselves Muslims and worship Imam Ali. Or those who claim they are Muslims but worship Imam Hussein. I am not one of them. I worship just God. There is no God but him.
Proofs from Quran:
Al-Nisa (64)
"And if, when they wronged themselves, they had come to you, [O Muhammad], and asked forgiveness of Allah and the Messenger had asked forgiveness for them, they would have found Allah Accepting of repentance and Merciful."

Al-Yusuf (Josef) (97 & 98) (Yusuf's Brother asked their father to ask God to forgive them)
"They said, "O our father, ask for us forgiveness of our sins; indeed, we have been sinners.
He said, "I will ask forgiveness for you from my Lord. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful."

Al-Ghafir (7)
"Those [angels] who carry the Throne and those around it exalt [ Allah ] with praise of their Lord and believe in Him and ask forgiveness for those who have believed, [saying], "Our Lord, You have encompassed all things in mercy and knowledge, so forgive those who have repented and followed Your way and protect them from the punishment of Hellfire."
You believe in Quran, Don't you?

Pastek

Sunni muslim
I justified my words by using the verses of Quran and Islamic sources. But you just say I believe this and I don't believe that.

No, you used basic verses from the Quran which of course i agree with.
I didn't agree just with the hadith. If you want water, you ask God no need to go in a particular tomb and use someone (prophet or marthyr) as intercessor.

If you don't believe in Sunnis' and Shias' sources then who do you believe in? You just simply deny the books and hadiths that have been being used for hundreds of years. It means rejecting tens of thousands of Islamic figures, scholars, and experts who have used these books and hadiths.

I don't care if it's sunni or shias sources, i said i reject a hadith IF it contradict the Quran. That's simple.

Like those who call themselves Muslims and worship Imam Ali. Or those who claim they are Muslims but worship Imam Hussein. I am not one of them. I worship just God. There is no God but him.

Good to know, so we agree on that matter.

Proofs from Quran:
Al-Nisa (64)
"And if, when they wronged themselves, they had come to you, [O Muhammad], and asked forgiveness of Allah and the Messenger had asked forgiveness for them, they would have found Allah Accepting of repentance and Merciful."

Al-Yusuf (Josef) (97 & 98) (Yusuf's Brother asked their father to ask God to forgive them)
"They said, "O our father, ask for us forgiveness of our sins; indeed, we have been sinners.
He said, "I will ask forgiveness for you from my Lord. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful."

Al-Ghafir (7)
"Those [angels] who carry the Throne and those around it exalt [ Allah ] with praise of their Lord and believe in Him and ask forgiveness for those who have believed, [saying], "Our Lord, You have encompassed all things in mercy and knowledge, so forgive those who have repented and followed Your way and protect them from the punishment of Hellfire."
You believe in Quran, Don't you?

Muhammad and Jacob were alive at that time.
The first verse it was people living in the time of the Prophet, the second it was Jacob about his sons, so both were alive.
Last verse it's angels not humans, and people alive can ask God to forgive dead people.

In Islam asking help (praying) to someone else that God is "shirk" (association).
So asking help from people who are close to God is not Shirk, As Quran says. And there is no difference whether they are dead or alive. You may think that Muslims' going to saints', Prophets', and Imams' shrines and asking them to ask God to forgive them for their sins and to ask God to heal their illnesses useless (which i think is not; prove it if you can). but according to Quran it is not Shirk. So please don't label it Shirk and don't tell it to non-Muslims!!! It is a kind of distortion of Islam and it is a big sin.
If you want water, you ask God no need to go in a particular tomb and use someone (prophet or marthyr) as intercessor.
Just fools go to shrines and ask for water, bread, or their basic needs!!! really?!!! But sometimes when there is a disaster, when we commit a big sin, when our loved ones are really ill, or there is a bad drought, etc. we go to a holy shrine and ask the saint there to ask God to forgive us, help us, bestow us the thing we want. We don't ask the saint since he is not God, we ask him to intercept. And we are sure that God will give us what we ask for because God loves saints who are his true followers.
After death, the spirits of good people are not trapped in time and space because they are not in the physical body anymore. the spirit is more powerful than body. the physical body is mortal and just lasts for several years, but the spirit is immortal and it is our true reality. it is our true being. God put this true being, our souls, into our body,
Al-Hijr (29):
"I have proportioned him and breathed into him of My [created] soul"
to test us for a temporary time who among us are his best followers. Al-Kahf (7):
"Indeed, We have made that which is on the earth adornment for it that We may test them [as to] which of them is best in deed"
The true being, i.e. the soul, while it is in this life and in this body, is tested, chooses to do rights or wrongs, and develops until death and leaves the body then. The physical body is just like a set of clothes covering it for a while.

Last edited:

Pastek

Sunni muslim
So asking help from people who are close to God is not Shirk, As Quran says. And there is no difference whether they are dead or alive.

Are you serious ? Of course there is a difference, nowhere in the Quran it says we can ask dead people.
People who lived in the time of Muhammad asked Muhammad, the sons of Jacob asked their father when he was alive.
Nothing in the verses you gave me say someone asked a dead person for help.

You may think that Muslims' going to saints', Prophets', and Imams' shrines and asking them to ask God to forgive them for their sins and to ask God to heal their illnesses useless (which i think is not; prove it if you can). but according to Quran it is not Shirk. So please don't label it Shirk and don't tell it to non-Muslims!!! It is a kind of distortion of Islam and it is a big sin.

Proove me that with a verse from the Quran.

Just fools go to shrines and ask for water, bread, or their basic needs!!! really?!!! But sometimes when there is a disaster, when we commit a big sin, when our loved ones are really ill, or there is a bad drought, etc. we go to a holy shrine and ask the saint there to ask God to forgive us, help us, bestow us the thing we want. We don't ask the saint since he is not God, we ask him to intercept. And we are sure that God will give us what we ask for because God loves saints who are his true followers.

There's absolutely no proof (verse from the Quran) who says you can do this. For me is it's shirk.
You think the person in the grave can do something for you but they can only wait to be resurrected.

After death, the spirits of good people are not trapped in time and space because they are not in the physical body anymore. the spirit is more powerful than body. the physical body is mortal and just lasts for several years, but the spirit is immortal and it is our true reality. it is our true being. God put this true being, our souls, into our body,

The true being, i.e. the soul, while it is in this life and in this body, is tested, chooses to do rights or wrongs, and develops until death and leaves the body then. The physical body is just like a set of clothes covering it for a while.

All the verse you quoted don't have anythingto do with the fact that dead people can do something or not for us.

Pastek

Sunni muslim
Some Shi'a practice seeking intercession from saints, in particular from Muhammad's son-in-law, `Ali and `Ali's son, Husayn.
Sunnis consider this to be polytheism, but the practice of seeking intercession through Sufi saints is widespread, from North Africa to Pakistan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intercession_of_saints

2 – That which is not within a person’s ability to do something, such as seeking intercession from the dead and occupants of graves, or from a living person who is absent, believing that he is able to hear and meet one’s need.
This is the kind of intercession that constitutes shirk, which is clearly forbidden in many verses of the Qur’aan and ahaadeeth from the Prophet (pbhu), because it ascribes to them attributes which belong only to the Creator, for He is the Ever-living Who never dies.

Their specious argument is that the awliya’ (“saints”) and Sayyids intercede for their relatives and for those who call on them and take them as friends and love them, and because of that they ask them for intercession. This is exactly what Allah described the early mushrikeen as doing, when they said,

“....These are our intercessors with Allah...” [Yoonus 10:18]

In the same way, the contemporary mushrikoon say “the awliya’ (‘saints’) intercede for us; we cannot ask of Allah (directly) so we ask them and they ask of Allah.”
And they say that the Prophet (pbhu) and all the Prophets and righteous people were given the power of intercession, and we call upon them and say, intercede for us as Allah has given them the power of intercession.

They give the example of kings in this world, and say that the kings of this world can only be approached through intercession; if you need something, you go to their friends and those who are close to them, their ministers, gatekeepers, servants, etc., to intercede for you so that the king can deal with your matter; so we reach Allah by approaching and asking His awliyaa’ and the Sayyids who are close to Him.
By doing this they fall into the same shirk as those who came before them, and they compare the Creator to His creation.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), even though he will be given the power of intercession on the Day of Resurrection, will not be able to use it until after Allah has given him permission and has approved of the one for whom intercession is to be made.

Hence he did not let his ummah ask him to intercede for them in this world, and that was not narrated from any one of his Sahaabah (may Allah be pleased with them).

The fact that the Prophet (pbhu) and the believers will intercede does not justify asking them to intercede, as some people do when they ask the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) to intercede for them even after his death.

http://www.islamicislamic.com/intercession.htm

I hope it's clear.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Believe me, I try to find it not the case, out of caring, love and consideration for Christians, but I keep going in circles and coming back to the same spot. This includes the elements of the trinity, calling for Mother of God sometimes, saying the Son or the Father at times instead of the most obvious word "God", confessing sins to priests instead to God, asking those priests for forgiveness instead of God, etc. Yet I still don't take if for a granted perfectly and still have hope that I could be wrong, as I implied in that other post. But that's just a belief or an uncertainty as you may call it. It's taken as so neutrally without disrespecting modern Christianity beliefs.

I believe people make mistakes. I did on occasion. I have been corrected by the Holy Spirit twice. The reality is that God forgives pretty much anything except ignoring Him.

I believe finding the truth is the most loving thing one can do.

Muffled

Jesus in me
So are saying that a so called born again Christian cannot sin ?.

I believe I am not saying that although it is theoretically possible. I believe we do not come under judgement because we have made Jesus Lord and Savior. Now if we were to tell Him to take a hike that would be a different story.

I believe it is like a teacher and student. The student may take some time to learn but as long as he studies diligently the teacher does not judge the child's mistakes. A student that does not want to learn is going to be judged for every mistake.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe you. Trust me, I do.

It is clear to me by now the word "religion" has a meaning to me that is very much in contrast to those that many or most Muslims use.

For one thing, Muslims tend to think of belief in God as a necessary and central feature of religion, while I find it both accessory, optional and unadvisable.
I believe religion without God is like giving a five year old a loaded revolver.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I believe religion without God is like giving a five year old a loaded revolver.
While religion with God would be like...?

From what I see, it seems plenty obvious that God-belief is no help in making religion safer. Quite the opposite really.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I believe I am not saying that although it is theoretically possible. I believe we do not come under judgement because we have made Jesus Lord and Savior. Now if we were to tell Him to take a hike that would be a different story.

I believe it is like a teacher and student. The student may take some time to learn but as long as he studies diligently the teacher does not judge the child's mistakes. A student that does not want to learn is going to be judged for every mistake.
well to me personally that sounds like cheap grace.

gnostic

The Lost One
Prophet PBUH said those who hears about him but rejects to follow him then they will enter hellfire.

Rejecting one prophet is equal to rejecting all prophets.

Know, that ur rejection of prophet Muhammad pbuh means u also rejected Noah Moses Abraham and Jesus peace be upon them.

U are disbeliever in the sight of Allah because u disbelieve in his messsengers and u blaspheme Allah swt by saying that Jesus is His son.
How is that any different from some Christians believing that Jesus is God?

If rejecting any prophet is paramount to blasphemy, then this charge of blasphemy means that these prophets are themselves "gods".

Blasphemy is denying a deity, or not believing or worshiping a deity via being sacrilegious insults or actions to a deity. But essentially, you are saying that prophets should be treated like gods too.

I have heard some Muslims mock Christians for worshipping saints, but I don't see any difference in what they do - doing the same thing, but with Muhammad.

Some years ago, a British teacher was charged with blasphemy, simply because she allowed the kids to name some stuff toys, and one boy called his teddy bear, "Muhammad". The Muslim community went mad with moral outrage, wanting her flogged or executed, just show how senseless Islam is when it comes to the charging people of blasphemy.

gnostic

The Lost One
Rejecting Islam when you heard about it means you rejected what Allah said and asked you to believe about.
So you can end in Hell for that.

And there lies, your problem.

If you rejects Islam, then you are rejecting Allah, but it is nothing that Allah taught anyone.

Islam is the basis of Muhammad's teachings; Allah taught no one. The Qur'an is based on what Muhammad teaching his disciples, but they have no confirmation that god is teaching that.

The acceptance of the Qur'an is accepting Muhammad's words, regardless if it is true OR NOT. There is no way to know that Muhammad is telling the truth, about the Qur'an, about the archangel's visits, and so on. The belief in Muhammad's teaching comes from divine source is based on blind faith that he is telling the "truth".

Islam demands that Muhammad he be treated as prophet and messenger, but on who's authority? The authority certainly didn't come from God. It came from Muhammad himself.

And you get the same picture with Ahmad being a messiah in Ahmadiyya and Joseph Smith as a prophet in LDS; each one promoting themselves with divine authorities, so they can say whatever they want and teach whatever they want.

Look what Muhammad did to the Banu Qaynupa in the mediation between feuding tribes in Medina, 624. The Banu Qaynupa didn't accept him being a prophet, had their home and wealth taken from them, just show me that had no interests in settling a feud, but more interested in establishing powers in Medina.

Originally, before his exile from Mecca, in 622, Muhammad taught that Muslims should pray in the direction of Jerusalem. But when he had migrated to and was living in Medina, because of some Jewish tribes rejected him as a prophet, he no longer taught Muslims to pray in the direction of Jerusalem, but towards Mecca out of spites and revenge towards Jews who rejected him.

That only show that Muhammad was petty and vengeful...more interested in growing his own power than about Allah.

azim24

The foolish among the people will say, "What has turned them away from their qiblah, which they used to face?" Say, "To Allah belongs the east and the west. He guides whom He wills to a straight path." 2:142
And thus we have made you a just community that you will be witnesses over the people and the Messenger will be a witness over you. And We did not make the qiblah which you used to face except that We might make evident who would follow the Messenger from who would turn back on his heels. And indeed, it is difficult except for those whom Allah has guided. And never would Allah have caused you to lose your faith. Indeed Allah is, to the people, Kind and Merciful. 2:143