• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favourite cheese?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
wagging-tails2.jpg

Kids have kept me so busy I haven't had the time to make anything decent for myself for awhile... A sandwich with goat cheese sounds delicious.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Poor you. I would find goats cheese a bit dry for a sandwich, I think.

But what's with the mutt? A further addition to your menagerie?
A response to the 'arf 'arf'. :p

No, no chihuahua around here. They're cute, but I think a dog that small would get lost in the chaos. Besides, small dogs are the only thing Ares fears...

I have on bad days threatened to get a teacup Yorkie. We once passed a stand selling them(that was weird) when he was misbehaving in the car. I threatened to turn around and buy the whole lot, and he was good the rest of the trip.

I've had goat cheese on sandwiches before. A bit crumbled on one that has a vinaigrette is delicious. Also, you can make a 'spread' of goat cheese by adding just a bit of milk and whatever herbs you want. Delicious!

exchemist

Veteran Member
A response to the 'arf 'arf'. :p

No, no chihuahua around here. They're cute, but I think a dog that small would get lost in the chaos. Besides, small dogs are the only thing Ares fears...

I have on bad days threatened to get a teacup Yorkie. We once passed a stand selling them(that was weird) when he was misbehaving in the car. I threatened to turn around and buy the whole lot, and he was good the rest of the trip.

I've had goat cheese on sandwiches before. A bit crumbled on one that has a vinaigrette is delicious. Also, you can make a 'spread' of goat cheese by adding just a bit of milk and whatever herbs you want. Delicious!
Yes, I can imagine vinaigrette would make a big difference.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Paneer cheese is awesome.
Since paneer cheese is no longer readily available, I began looking for alternatives.

I've recently discovered queso fresco, which is very similar to paneer cheese. The taste is similar and cook very similarly to crumbled paneer. The only thing I don't like about it is that it tends to crumble much more easily when heated and doesn't stay cubed when pan-fried (I haven't tried it in a simmer sauce yet). Other than that, it's a pretty suitable substitute for paneer.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Generally: Parmesan.
On pizza & in salads: Feta
On burgers: Blue cheese

Last edited:

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
So far, I haven't found a cheese I don't like. But I'm unlikely to ever get the opportunity to try casu martzu.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I'm just enjoying dipping fresh bread into a round of mature oven melted camembert. It's delightful late lunch

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Roquefort for a simple sauce with asparagus,Stilton with wine or port,Gruyère for melting over most things,mature cheddar and cheese from donkeys milk,not easy to get,Boursin if you don’t want anyone to get close to you.

I like a selection really especially after Xmas dinner with crackers fruit and port.

Audie

Veteran Member
As we age, you may find your tastes change..
Maybe @revolnigest will get a taste for
sea cucumber. Who knows you may enjoy
Icelandic fermented sheeps head to go w
fermented milk, ifn you go there.

My slight experience w dairy made it very
clear I'm lactose intolerant.

Plus cheese smells bad.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
So this might be a bit random lol
But recently I’ve been exploring some cheese options. The Bega (a popular brand here) cheddar was getting boring.
I’m interested in your favourite types of cheese and favoured ways to eat them.
Swiss, I dunno Italian? Whatever. Have them on crackers or in a burrito or anything you like

Like I’m currently really into Gouda and Monterey Jack for a good grilled cheese sandwich.
My Aunty in New Zealand introduced me to Havarti on biscuits/crackers. Ours isn’t as good as theirs, unfortunately but it’s still a current fave.
Double Brie for a soft melty cheesy cheese has been another recent fave.

What about you guys?
Feta

In a Greek salad