• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favourite cheese?

Hold

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Maybe @revolnigest will get a taste for
sea cucumber. Who knows you may enjoy
Icelandic fermented sheeps head to go w
fermented milk, ifn you go there.

My slight experience w dairy made it very
clear I'm lactose intolerant.

Plus cheese smells bad.
Are you being defensive just because I mentioned tastes change often with age? I am also lactose intolerant, I use a lactase supplement to eat cheese and ice cream....Not all cheese smells bad....You must eat cheese!:smile:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Are you being defensive just because I mentioned tastes change often with age? I am also lactose intolerant, I use a lactase supplement to eat cheese and ice cream....Not all cheese smells bad....You must eat cheese!:smile:
I have a cousin who took that when we were kids. However, it didn't work anymore once she reached adulthood.

Audie

Veteran Member
Defensive? Nah. Just banter.

And I wouldn't eat cheese even I was dead.

So there.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
So this might be a bit random lol
But recently I’ve been exploring some cheese options. The Bega (a popular brand here) cheddar was getting boring.
I’m interested in your favourite types of cheese and favoured ways to eat them.
Swiss, I dunno Italian? Whatever. Have them on crackers or in a burrito or anything you like

Like I’m currently really into Gouda and Monterey Jack for a good grilled cheese sandwich.
My Aunty in New Zealand introduced me to Havarti on biscuits/crackers. Ours isn’t as good as theirs, unfortunately but it’s still a current fave.
Double Brie for a soft melty cheesy cheese has been another recent fave.

What about you guys?

Overall, I would say Provolone.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I'm also rather fond of
Kerrygold-Dubliner-Cheese-Just-Block-on-Rocks.jpg

exchemist

Veteran Member
Jarlsberg then brie but any kind of cheese will do except for feta. Feta is a disgrace to cheese.
But feta is really an ingredient, for Mediterranean style dishes. I sometimes grill obliquely sliced courgettes, let them cool and and toss them with garlic, lemon and olive oil dressing, with feta and black olives. Very good to accompany sardines on toast, actually.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
But feta is really an ingredient, for Mediterranean style dishes. I sometimes grill obliquely sliced courgettes, let them cool and and toss them with garlic, lemon and olive oil dressing, with feta and black olives. Very good to accompany sardines on toast, actually.

I don't like the texture of it and it's tasteless to me

exchemist

Veteran Member
I'm surprised no one has mentioned asagio.
Confess I had to look this up. The only Italian cheeses I'm familiar with are Gorgonzola, Parmesan, Pecorino (as a sort of poor man's Parmesan) and Taleggio.

I see Asagio is a hardish cow's milk cheese, in the "Alpine" style. My first reaction was it might be a bit like Gruyère, Comté or perhaps Abondance (which for some reason always makes me think of a French dairymaid with an ample bust), but I see from Wiki it is rather different. I'll have to ask the local cheese shop about it.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I don't like the texture of it and it's tasteless to me
You need to get authentic Greek feta. There is a kind of ghastly tasteless version made in Denmark, which they are no longer allowed to call feta under EU regulations, and which I avoid like the plague. But you are in Oz, where EU appelation rules won't apply, so God knows where your "feta" comes from.

Now, the stuff I really do find tasteless is that Greek cheese that people barbecue, Halloumi. I refer to that as "diesel cheese" as, almost every time I've been given it, the firelighters used to light the barbecue give it a faint taste of diesel fuel, the smell of which I know well from my time working on an oil refinery. Not my favourite.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
This morning we went to sarlat market and noticed smoked compte on a cheese stall

I do like compte and i absolutely adore smoked cheese but I've never seen smoked compte before.

Yes i bought some and had slices on fresh crusty bread for lunch.

I'm happy...

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Confess I had to look this up. The only Italian cheeses I'm familiar with are Gorgonzola, Parmesan, Pecorino (as a sort of poor man's Parmesan) and Taleggio.

I see Asagio is a hardish cow's milk cheese, in the "Alpine" style. My first reaction was it might be a bit like Gruyère, Comté or perhaps Abondance (which for some reason always makes me think of a French dairymaid with an ample bust), but I see from Wiki it is rather different. I'll have to ask the local cheese shop about it.
Yeah, it's a hard cheese. It has a nutty flavor that is great when you would use parmesan.