• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't Pity Atheist

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
They are hardly unknown. We know of all of the authors of the NT.
ALL of the apostles died horrible deaths when confronted with the opportunity to change their testimony.
Jesus rose from the dead. If not, why didn't His enemies parade His body around Jerusalem?

ALL of the historical references in the Bible are correct. Many have been verified archaeologically and you cannot show me one verse that has been proven to be incorrect.

That's enough, I think.

No we don't know the authors. We just have names on documents written long after Jesus death. Convenient - as he then couldn't contradict them.

Again we don't know that Jesus rose from the dead. There would have been other sources telling us so, if dead people got up and walked around the city - which is what the texts tells us they did.

Mat 27:50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.

Mat 27:51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

Mat 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

Mat 27:53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

This would have been noted and written about by many. It didn't happen.

Why didn't his enemies parade his body? Because only in Christian minds is Jesus anything special. To them he was just another rabble-rouser claiming to be the Messiah. They had already seen several, - and put them to death.

Archaeology and history is separate from mythic stories around such. The myth cannot be proven.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It is taught in the King James Bible, if you know the religion, that atheist are not allowed to believe in God. I assume that God does not pity atheist, and neither should you, they are really not worth any kind of effort on your part to convince them that God exists. There are many great proofs in the Bible that prove that God is, the atheist do not know them, neither do the preachers.

Please note, atheists neither ask for or want pity for not believing in gods.

I would ask that you identify these great proofs, just think of the fame and fortune awaiting any person who can turn faith into falsifiable fact based on validated proof.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Saint Matthew 13:3 "And he spake many things unto them in "parables,...." St. Matthew 13:10 "And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?" Matthew 13:11 "He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given." So as I said, many are forbidden to understand the word of God, and the Bible teaches this over and over again. You do not know the Bible.
That doesn't state atheists are forbidden from knowing. Such a position would contradict John 3:16, where God didn't just a love a few to send Jesus to die for, but "the world." It would also be kind of silly for Jesus to say "I will make you fishers of men" (Matthew 4:19) if only certain people could know. Missionary work would be about the biggest waste of time for a Christian if only a some could know.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
It is taught in the King James Bible, if you know the religion, that atheist are not allowed to believe in God. I assume that God does not pity atheist, and neither should you, they are really not worth any kind of effort on your part to convince them that God exists. There are many great proofs in the Bible that prove that God is, the atheist do not know them, neither do the preachers.

If I were God, I would love atheists. Look what the theists think of Him.

Ciao

- viole

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Jesus loves atheists, too:

19 Go, therefore, make disciples of all nations; baptise them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Why? What happens if you don't?

Ciao

- viole

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Saint Matthew 13:3 "And he spake many things unto them in "parables,...." St. Matthew 13:10 "And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?" Matthew 13:11 "He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given." So as I said, many are forbidden to understand the word of God, and the Bible teaches this over and over again. You do not know the Bible.
I know the Bible. I've read it many times from different perspectives. My Dad is Jewish and my Mom is Catholic, so I went to hebrew school on the weekends growing up and catholic grade school during the week. But, when I found out that so many things I was taught were incorrect after doing research on my own, I realized that I had to look at the Bible differently and explore what is plausible and what isn't.

So, in short, to say that one "doesn't know the bible" is a very vague and misleading statement. Dishonest really. By "know" the Bible do you mean "believe it without question"?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Jesus gave his disciples specific instructions as to who they should teach the gospel. "These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and to any city of the Samaritans enter ye not. But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." Saint Matthew 10: 5 and 6. When Jesus talks about going into all the world to teach the gospel he is talking about going into all the world to teach the gospel to the "lost sheep of the house of Israel", not everybody on the planet. Only simple minded people believe they should go and teach to everybody.
So, when St. Paul went out and preached to those who were not the "lost sheep of the house of Israel", you believe he was contradicting Jesus' instructions?

If a Loving Creator exists, that love is unconditional because genuine love is always unconditional. The authors of your Bible didn't understand that so you can't be blamed for not learning it as part of your religious training.

This is just one of the reasons that, as to the Christian version of a higher power, I'm an atheist.
So, when St. Paul went out and preached to those who were not the "lost sheep of the house of Israel", you believe he was contradicting Jesus' instructions?
How do you know they were not members of the "lost sheep of the house of Israel"?

Please note, atheists neither ask for or want pity for not believing in gods.

I would ask that you identify these great proofs, just think of the fame and fortune awaiting any person who can turn faith into falsifiable fact based on validated proof.
One can not prove God to fools. If you don't understand the great proofs of the Bible no one can make you understand. Why should I waste my time.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
How do you know they were not members of the "lost sheep of the house of Israel"?
They weren't living in Israel and they never were. They weren't Jewish and they never were.

How do you define the term "lost sheep of the house of Israel" specifically?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
One can not prove God to fools. If you don't understand the great proofs of the Bible no one can make you understand. Why should I waste my time.

List two or three with valuation of proof

Or can we take it you have nothing and are too dunning kruger to admit it

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
One can not prove God to fools.
Please define "fools".

If you don't understand the great proofs of the Bible no one can make you understand.
Interesting claim.
So how is it you understand the "great proofs" of the Bible?
seems you shot yourself in the foot here trying to present yourself as superior....

Why should I waste my time.
Again you shoot yourself in the foot.

Perhaps you should rethink your current approach before you make yourself look even more foolish>?

TheMusicTheory

Lord of Diminished 5ths
I feel rather the reverse.

I was a Christian all through my life until my mid-20s, when I came to realize how foolish the entire belief structure was.

I feel pity for *theists*, especially those who have committed their lives to it as pastors, missionaries or other church-based workers, because I can't help but wonder what they might have accomplished or done had they not burdened themselves with the imaginary shackles of religion. How many would-be great thinkers have we lost to cultish dogma? How many potentially brilliant scientists that chose the path of the faith missionary or pastor because they were indoctrinated against the truths of biology, cosmology and physics as a youth?

I feel sorry for them, and I feel sorry for a world that will miss their potential talents.

Riders

They are hardly unknown. We know of all of the authors of the NT.
ALL of the apostles died horrible deaths when confronted with the opportunity to change their testimony.
Jesus rose from the dead. If not, why didn't His enemies parade His body around Jerusalem?

ALL of the historical references in the Bible are correct. Many have been verified archaeologically and you cannot show me one verse that has been proven to be incorrect.

That's enough, I think.
Who's to say they didn't parade his body around with no bones of Jesus we have no idea what happened. The bible is the only record.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

I agree. Don't pity the atheist. Pity anyone whose ability to discern the world is restricted to fourth or fifth hand translations of century old texts from unknown authors. Many Christians go beyond this, but some seem constricted by the covers. They are pitiable.