• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't Pity Atheist

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It is taught in the King James Bible, if you know the religion, that atheist are not allowed to believe in God.
It says that no where. That's just as silly as claiming god doesn't believe in atheists. There is absolutely nothing about Christianity or atheism that prohibits, prevents, and restricts them from believing in god.
Personally, I pity the Christian. So many of them are taught the Bible and not allowed to believe otherwise from such a young age that they never escape the grand lie no matter how old they become. They walk though life with a head full of delusions only to die of old age never knowing what they missed.
I'm glad I got out of it when I did. Been out almost half my life now. The first half of my life was filled with ignorance and false teachings, but worse was overloaded with self hatred. Getting out then probably saved my life so that I could enjoy this second half of my life.
And what you say is true. Conservative Christianity is notorious for censoring outside information that contradicts what they believe, even if it comes from another denomination. Being home schooled, a middle school education was counting change and basic division for math, history that taught Alexander the Great unified the world to prepare it for Christ's birth, and just enough science to say evolution is "just a theory."

So you're saying free will does not exist?
He pretty much has to be or he has a nasty logical inconsistency going on.

Riders

Atheists are allowed to believe in a higher power. In 12 step recovery programs it's required to believe in a higher power. They use the group as a higher power and because they don't believe the group is actually God they are still atheist bit choose to believe in it anyways.

Riders

At the unity church they do believe in an outside God but they also believe in the inner Godself. SO some Atheists go there who just choose to believe in the inner Godself. Sense they teach the bible there some Atheists choose to follow Jesus but don't believe he is God they just follow him as Messiah.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, at least Mr. T might pity the atheist, just like he pities the fool.

e62eab1fe4b0a7fc2d471220555792a0e252acf4dbe2fcdf17d9c44d0a396680.jpg

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
I assume that God does not pity atheist
God doesn't have such an emotion as pity, it is a waste of time...

If God chooses to change people it happens; yet firstly they've got to want to go in the right direction...

So when we're near Hell, and most people are failures in someway, would worry about ourselves before belittling others.

As for your statements and following Yeshua, if we're not loving our enemies, giving to those who hate us, feeding the sinners, and thus having pity on the weak, then we're the ones who need help. :innocent:

FunctionalAtheist

Hammer of Reason
It is taught in the King James Bible, if you know the religion, that atheist are not allowed to believe in God. I assume that God does not pity atheist, and neither should you, they are really not worth any kind of effort on your part to convince them that God exists. There are many great proofs in the Bible that prove that God is, the atheist do not know them, neither do the preachers.
Absolulty you should not pity us atheists!!! However your argument is more than sophomoric and approaching the idiotic!

FunctionalAtheist

Hammer of Reason
God doesn't have such an emotion as pity, it is a waste of time...

If God chooses to change people it happens; yet firstly they've got to want to go in the right direction...

So when we're near Hell, and most people are failures in someway, would worry about ourselves before belittling others.

As for your statements and following Yeshua, if we're not loving our enemies, giving to those who hate us, feeding the sinners, and thus having pity on the weak, then we're the ones who need help. :innocent:
I'm amazed at how well you know and speak for god!
pit·y
ˈpidē/
noun
  1. 1.
    the feeling of sorrow and compassion caused by the suffering and misfortunes of others.
    "her voice was full of pity"
    synonyms: compassion, commiseration, condolence, sympathy, fellow feeling, understanding;More
So you state with outright confidence that god has no compassion for the suffering and misfortuione of others? And wonder why atheists are pitiful?

DavidFirth

It is taught in the King James Bible, if you know the religion, that atheist are not allowed to believe in God. I assume that God does not pity atheist, and neither should you, they are really not worth any kind of effort on your part to convince them that God exists. There are many great proofs in the Bible that prove that God is, the atheist do not know them, neither do the preachers.

Jesus loves atheists, too:

19 Go, therefore, make disciples of all nations; baptise them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

20 and teach them to observe all the commands I gave you. And look, I am with you always; yes, to the end of time.'

Last edited:

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
I'm amazed at how well you know and speak for god!
Why are you amazed; was sent from Heaven, had a NDE, studied many religious texts globally.
So you state with outright confidence that god has no compassion for the suffering and misfortuione of others?
You're anthropomorphising something that is more like a CPU, highly logical, and without human emotional simplistic thought patterns.

Therefore compassion is we're alive; the reality is made manifest continually by the CPU, nothing exists without it, and you're applying it is unconcerned by the events in the Matrix.
And wonder why atheists are pitiful?
Don't find Atheist pitiful; find most people down here illogical in someway, and they're just as confused as all the other theists (a belief in something scientifically quantifiable is illogical). :innocent:

FunctionalAtheist

Hammer of Reason
Why are you amazed; was sent from Heaven, had a NDE, studied many religious texts globally.

You're anthropomorphising something that is more like a CPU, highly logical, and without human emotional simplistic thought patterns.

Therefore compassion is we're alive; the reality is made manifest continually by the CPU, nothing exists without it, and you're applying it is unconcerned by the events in the Matrix.

Don't find Atheist pitiful; find most people down here illogical in someway, and they're just as confused as all the other theists (a belief in something scientifically quantifiable is illogical). :innocent:
Wow!!! You are quite the subject!

corynski

Reality First!
Premium Member
We are lied to from birth.... by parents, teachers, preachers..... everyone. Because they don't know, but they really want us to do what they say and believe whatever they tell us. They want us to conform, and to go along with whatever they believe. Humans have created hundreds and hundreds of gods and goddesses..... yours is just the latest. There is a good social reason for religion, but it's not taught to you..... just as truth really has little value to those who want you to conform to whatever religion you are born into. Maybe this has worked in times gone by, but so many people now can think for themselves, and they want to know the truth..... not the fictions they are taught that have no evidence and cannot be proven.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Christianity is a faith-based religion because there is no evidence. One of the main reasons people convert out of Christianity is because they actually read the Holy Bible.

Yep, that's what happened to me. I realized the murdering, abusive, fellow in the book ,killing innocent babies for the supposed sins of others, and allowing slavery, sex slaves, ownership of women, murder of those whom are different, or from a different religion, etc., could not be God.

Only human males would make it ok to rape captive young women, and murder the babies, and everyone else.

DavidFirth

Christianity is a faith-based religion because there is no evidence. One of the main reasons people convert out of Christianity is because they actually read the Holy Bible.

...because they find that they can't handle the truth.

Last edited:

leibowde84

Veteran Member
What proofs stand to reason and are supported by verifiable evidence?

DavidFirth

lol ... there is no reason to believe any claims from the unknown authors of the Bible without evidence, though. If you disagree, why?

They are hardly unknown. We know of all of the authors of the NT.
ALL of the apostles died horrible deaths when confronted with the opportunity to change their testimony.
Jesus rose from the dead. If not, why didn't His enemies parade His body around Jerusalem?

ALL of the historical references in the Bible are correct. Many have been verified archaeologically and you cannot show me one verse that has been proven to be incorrect.

That's enough, I think.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
find most people down here illogical in someway, and they're just as confused as all the other theists

Not really. There are two very confused voices on this thread, both theists, whereas the atheists posting so far seem to have their feet planted firmly on the ground.