• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't Pity Atheist

It is taught in the King James Bible, if you know the religion, that atheist are not allowed to believe in God. I assume that God does not pity atheist, and neither should you, they are really not worth any kind of effort on your part to convince them that God exists. There are many great proofs in the Bible that prove that God is, the atheist do not know them, neither do the preachers.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
It is taught in the King James Bible, if you know the religion, that atheist are not allowed to believe in God.

That's kind of circular. If someone believes in God, then they wouldn't be an atheist. Or are you saying that someone who is an atheist is not allowed to change their mind?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
It is taught in the King James Bible, if you know the religion, that atheist are not allowed to believe in God. I assume that God does not pity atheist, and neither should you, they are really not worth any kind of effort on your part to convince them that God exists. There are many great proofs in the Bible that prove that God is, the atheist do not know them, neither do the preachers.

Yeah, that is confusing. That would mean atheist (the definitions given from theist rather than from atheists themselves) don't have the ability to believe in god?

Many people are atheist because they have read the bible. The bible isn't magic unless it's an idol. I know jesus was a human and his father's message was written in the bible by Moses and the apostles testimonies, but to confuse that with coming from jesus christ because he speaks for god doesn't make sense.

If anything, the atheist would learn from god from

1. Self reflection and prayer.

2. Brothers and sisters in christ

3. Knowledge about god in the bible without using the bible as an idol to god.

I'm quite sure abraham and moses didn't have scriptures and they knew god exists.

So, I'd give some of us atheist a bit of credit. I've seen atheist on RF who want to know god but it's just not built into us to believe one exists. I know. Doesn't make sense.

Instead of convincing us god exist, the best way to bring one to christ Word (Christ himself) is get to know the atheist. How does she define herself? Talk to her in her language. It's not about you.

Don't put atheists in a box. They may come to christ the sooner christians understand this. But it depends on the atheist. Do you want to understand how someone does not have god-belief in him that has nothing to do with upbringing, no indoctrination, and no qualms with any faiths.

Christians. Don't pity christians, actually. But I do find some advice and tips will help if you really want to help people know christ beyond the bible.

joe1776

If a Loving Creator exists, that love is unconditional because genuine love is always unconditional. The authors of your Bible didn't understand that so you can't be blamed for not learning it as part of your religious training.

This is just one of the reasons that, as to the Christian version of a higher power, I'm an atheist.

Last edited:

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk

Personally, I pity the Christian. So many of them are taught the Bible and not allowed to believe otherwise from such a young age that they never escape the grand lie no matter how old they become. They walk though life with a head full of delusions only to die of old age never knowing what they missed.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Christianity is a proselytizing religion though. Without non-believers who would Christians proselytize to?

Exit question: Does religion make people ask stupid questions or were the askers just stupid to begin with?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

I'll repeat after Rival, = Um, where?

Give us a verse.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I think having a complacent stance is a much better approach anyways.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I pity you for having such awful attitude to other human beings because of your blind fundamentalism

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
I pity you for having such awful attitude to other human beings because of your blind fundamentalism
I'm still waiting for a quote that actually says this. It's not a teaching I've ever come across in my entire life. It might be a Christian Testament thing, in which case it would have no value to me.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm still waiting for a quote that actually says this. It's not a teaching I've ever come across in my entire life. It might be a Christian Testament thing, in which case it would have no value to me.
I know all Christians do not believe such nonsense. So it's a criticism of his beliefs, not yours.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
I know all Christians do not believe such nonsense. So it's a criticism of his beliefs, not yours.
I'm not a Christian I'm a Noachide, and he is saying that the Bible says this. I've never seen such a teaching in Scripture. I'm looking for a quote to back this statement of his.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic

Which makes the Christian god's condemning people to Hell for non-belief even worse as the Hell-bound unbelievers are being unduly influenced in their non-belief.

What kind of monstrous deity do you worship?

A Vestigial Mote

There have been some great replies to this thread thus far. Why is it that when the challenge presents itself for the original poster to begin (what should be) the easy process of tearing these replies down based on how stock sure they seem in their stance, the original poster so many times seems to just disappear?

I think I know why that is. @Thehoodedmonk, I bet you do too.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member

You posted this in a debate forum. What point did you want to debate, and with whom? You seem to be appealing only to other believers, and exhorting them to refrain from feeling empathy for unbelievers.

suncowiam

Atheists are not allowed to believe in God?

My brain shut down from that opener. I need some ice cream.

So you're saying free will does not exist?