• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does it matter what path we have chosen?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Or would you say it is more about how we perform within the path we chose to follow? So that it is our own effort that guides us to the righteous way of life.

What is your thought about this question?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Or would you say it is more about how we perform within the path we chose to follow? So that it is our own effort that guides us to the righteous way of life.

Short-term it might matter.

Long-term not at all.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
It only matters when you're alive.

When you're dead you won't even be thinking about it.
Yes it is true that when we die from this physical world we would forget what we did in this life (as far as i understand anyway) But let say a person who chose a path did enlighten to it during his or her lifetime, do you think it would have an effect on where they end up after this life then?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Yes it is true that when we die from this physical world we would forget what we did in this life (as far as i understand anyway) But let say a person who chose a path did enlighten to it during his or her lifetime, do you think it would have an effect on where they end up after this life then?
Nope.

PureX

Veteran Member

Our choices have consequences both for ourselves and for those around us. And those consequences matter to others even if they didn't matter to us (which is not likely, as most of us are not sociopaths). But we often cannot see those consequences clearly when we are making our choices in life, so that we will sometimes do ourselves and others harm, unintentionally; necessitating forgiveness for both ourselves and each other. With free will comes the need to forgive ill will.

Ponder This

What does it mean for something to 'matter'?
If something matters, then to whom does it matter?
Does it matter to you what path other people choose?
Does it matter to you what path that you choose?

The guests arrive,
it doesn't matter what they wear.​
We are here for friendship,
and beauty of the one who cares.​

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
How many paths are there? And what does each path cultivate?

There seems to be general truthes that apply to all. Each path has its own causes and effects.

Since we are all individuals every one person will respond differently to each path.

The path has to bear positive fruitions or it's no good to follow.

In general healthy people share a lot of commonalities. Everyone has standards of what is acceptable and what is rejectable.

As far as truth goes we are creatures of survival nature and necessity. Flesh and blood creatures have a difficult challenge to rise to the level of spiritual fulfillment. Sometimes conflicting processes arise that hinder spiritual growth. The path you choose matters.

Some can be quite content alone, others need other people to validate their fruitions.

The goals of the path are extremely important.

Some people have weighty consciences, others are light, and some have very little conscience toward others.

So you want to start at A and get to Z. The path you choose matters. Is Z a very real place worthy of attainment. What are the rewards, and benefits of the path?

Lately I have been trying to detach from all the attachments I have collected over the years. To unlock my genuine being from all useless considerations and cares. I also would like to atone for past wrongdoings. And in the future I wish to avoid toxic environments.

Z for me is to be free of all worthless attachments to things that drain me of strength and peace. I am trying to find meanings that liberate me, truthes that set me free.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
What does it mean for something to 'matter'?
If something matters, then to whom does it matter?
Does it matter to you what path other people choose?
Does it matter to you what path that you choose?

The guests arrive,
it doesn't matter what they wear.​
We are here for friendship,
and beauty of the one who cares.​
To me it matters that I have chosen a path/teaching that can lead me in the right spiritual direction and that it teaches me to always strive to become better spiritually than what I am today, But it does not matter to me personally what others have chosen to follow, that is their choice and their inner belief that guides them toward what they understand as truth. Except that I wish everyone the best, and if they have found the best for them, in the spiritual path they are on. yes then I am happy for them.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
How many paths are there? And what does each path cultivate?
According to Buddha Sakyamuni in Buddhism he spoke about 84.000 different spiritual paths that can lead toward enlightenment. I am not aware of other spiritual masters/ teachers except for Li Hongzhi in Falun Gong who also speak of 84.000 different cultivation paths that humans can choose from.
I should add that it is only 10 to 20 spiritual teachings that are known publicly today, but there are many paths that are still being practiced but then in hiding from public eyes

Cultivation path or teaching is to refine the mind and body toward the purest truth and the highest truth within the chosen spiritual path. But because different paths have different levels they teach truth to, we as humans will see truth differently according to what path we have chosen to follow. But it is not wrong, it is only a part of the spiritual practice. And how much effort we our self put in to it

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Nope.
I feel no need to search.
And I don't believe that truth exists.
I live, observe, learn, & interact.
That's enuf for me....well, that & the Oxford comma.
oh-really-how-interesting-quote-1.jpg

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I'm not what you'd call a spiritual person or a seeker.
I need or want nothing more than what the material
world offers. (It offers plenty. I'm quite fortunate.)
You are a very nice person you know, that to me is more important than what you believe or follow :) You seem to be happy the way things are right now, and that is all that matter :)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You are a very nice person you know, that to me is more important than what you believe or follow :) You seem to be happy the way things are right now, and that is all that matter :)
I like the saying (attributed to Buddhism I think) that woe is caused
by unrealistic expectations. It's useful to accept reality for what it is.
Of course, one can still strive to improve reality where one can.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I like the saying (attributed to Buddhism I think) that woe is caused
by unrealistic expectations. It's useful to accept reality for what it is.
Of course, one can still strive to improve reality where one can.
So true :) I realized that no matter how much I want others to experience what i have spiritually, I am not the one who should or can change them (if they need change) I can only be there as inspiration if someone feels that my words have any value. But if I was to force my belief on to them, I would be the one who did wrong. If I can be an inspiration for others, it is because they see my actions, words, and thoughts as something precious to follow. But it is they who must do the change they need in life to gain their own realization :)

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I replied to this thread once and then deleted my post, as I stated the path one follows isn’t important and then went on to describe my path and why it’s important to me. :rolleyes:

So in answer to your question, as I see it, the importance of the path one follows or the importance on how one performs on that path depends completely on the individual and the path s/he follows.