• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does it matter what path we have chosen?

MJ Bailey

Does it matter what path we have chosen?
It does not matter what path we have chosen

Depends upon the goals you have set or not

If the goal is "righteous way of life" then we first have to establish what is the "righteous way of life". That would make a very interesting new topic

In animal kingdom it seems that the "righteous way of life" is to kill other animals and eat them.

Some say that humans are "animals". So they could claim it's righteous to kill other "animals".

Other humans kill animals and eat them, and call it righteous

Some tribes are used to eat humans; to them it's righteous. I even read that in Sweden they talked about recycle the people who died in the meat industry. I think that is more natural than killing them.

Personally I choose to not kill humans and not kill animals for food. I am aware that I kill a few million bacteria daily and ants etc. while walking and the occasional worm pill I take.

This whole Creation seems to be full of killing. I am not sure if there is a general rule about "righteous" in this context. All can choose to fill it in for themselves.
IMO that would be on whom you choose for apex species.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Righteous in the spiritual sense, to live by the teaching and avoid doing evil, such as intentional killing is evil, and should be avoided for any spiritual being. Every action, speech or thought that is made intentionally to harm others
That is your opinion about "righteous in the spiritual sense"

You do realize I think, that by your definition you seem to have been evil for the most part of your life?

or only benefit our own ego are also an act of evil.
Using this definition all humans seem to be evil

Last edited:

Ayjaydee

Or would you say it is more about how we perform within the path we chose to follow? So that it is our own effort that guides us to the righteous way of life.

What is your thought about this question?
Agreed, but we must remember its OUR path and we cant impose it on others.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Have you heard anything about playing blackjack or slot machines?
Coincidentally, just a few hours ago, I watched a youtube about an American who used to be the Master cheater of slot machines in Vegas and all around US for many decades

He won millions, and said that without cheating you always lose money in slot machines.

MJ Bailey

Or would you say it is more about how we perform within the path we chose to follow? So that it is our own effort that guides us to the righteous way of life.

What is your thought about this question?
If you take all the experiences/knowledge you have acquired in your existence and use it to help not only yourself and others in your life to make things better. That's how:)