• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you wish there will be afterlife

yoda89

On Xtended Vacation
Do you believe there will be a judgement day to question your deeds on earth ?

No, doesn't make sense. Our good and bad deeds are that of perspective. If someone confessing they are about to go kill a hundred people and the only way you can stop him is to kill him do?

Do you wish to be back again for life in the hereafter and face the judgement ?

No this world is already messed up. Life is nothing but a ride enjoy it

Do you wish there will be no afterlife ?

I believe we are all part of materials that once again enter into life. There is no recovered consciousness.

Whats your thoughts and feeling ?

“Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealously. The shadow of greed, that is.”

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
“Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealously. The shadow of greed, that is.”

:clap:clap:clap Yoda speaks words of truth!

SheikhHorusFromTheSky

1. No
2. I wish to live forever
3. Life's eternal

Yes.

Do you wish to be back again for life in the hereafter and face the judgement

I've done things I'm not proud of. That said, I don't think I've done anything to merit a very harsh punishment.

No.

I believe that the evil will be "raptured" and anhilliated, and the rest are to inheirit the Earth, whether the same planet we have now or a new one.

Awoon

Afterlife is death, then rebirth. Like an apple seed dies, then becomes an apple tree.

BruceDLimber

There is definitely a Next Life, and EVERYONE goes on to it!

Details are available in the Baha'i scriptures as well as elsewhere.

Peace, :)

Bruce

InvestigateTruth

In our view there is a general misunderstanding that, on the Day of Judgement people are asked about their sins.

That's not what Quran says:

‘On that day shall neither man nor spirit be asked of his Sin’
ar-Rahman 55:39

You know why? Because Judgement Day or Resurrection Day is a Day that Messengers of God come to bring new guidance to raise the Spiritually Dead and sinners to the life of Belief and righteousness. They Judge between differences among various sects and followers of other religions.
In our view this was already fulfilled about 160 years ago.
Even according to Quran day of Judgement was to come in 1000 years.

So, when we are asked for our sins? It is right after death, when our spirit continues to live in the spiritual world of God, then we are asked for our deeds:

"He will not be questioned as to that which He doeth, but they will be questioned." Quran 21:23

I believe We are already brought back to life 160 years ago though most people are unaware.

There will be, and that is in Spiritual World of God, which is by far better than here.

Good.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
All I can say is that I do not wish in the Islamic afterlife to be honest. Far to peaceful and hedonistic for me.

I personally do not wish to even to exist after I die. Leave me at peace

Raban

Hagian
I do not believe in a traditional Abrahamic 'Judgement Day'. That seems counter intuitive. I believe people (if there is an afterlife in any traditional sense) will be 'judged' by the state of the figurative heart. In my mind, I believe there is a state of being after this one, but not one in which I continue to live as I do now just in a perfect world. Sense I do not think that there really is a 'self' I therefore do not believe in a traditional afterlife. I believe that the essence of humanity is divine in nature, and may either be varying degrees of 'good' or 'evil', and depending on where one's heart lies, they shall join the Creator, which some may equate to heaven. As I consider myself somewhat Christian, I believe that through the spirit of the Christ which is in everyone, we may be cleansed of our impurities rather than ceasing to exist.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Yes, I believe there is an afterlife and I also believe in reincarnation. I think there are many different levels to the afterlife, some more positive and some more negative. But I don't think any are necessarily eternal. I think this is all a learning experience. I don't believe in any god judging us.

Alceste

Vagabond

Every day is judgment day for me, where I question my deeds on earth.
I feel no need for external rewards or punishments, whether in this life or after it.
I would prefer non-existence after my death, since part of what makes this life a miracle and inspires me to make the most of it is knowing that it is finite. I like the idea of my body returning to the earth and being consumed by it, generating new life. I do not want to be embalmed - just bury me in a bedsheet. I'm sure I will make excellent compost. If that turns out to be illegal, I suppose I will have to be cremated. My ashes would still be good for the garden - blueberries love ashes. :D

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member

1.) No. I don't believe in a judgement day.

2.) No. Again, I don't believe in judgement.

3.) Whether I wish for there to be an afterlife or not is irrelevant. Whatever happens will happen and I have no idea what happens after death.

Last edited:

gnostic

The Lost One
I'd prefer to have oblivion.

What I mean that I would cease to exist, so no afterlife, which mean no heaven, no hell, no purgatory, no reincarnation.

If I had children and descendants, then they would have parts of my DNA. That's enough for me. If they remember me 2 to x generations from now, that's also good enough to me.

But I don't want eternal life or eternal torment, or being recycle in another life.

One lifetime is enough to me, whether it be long or short, good or bad.

Dena

No.

I don't understand the question.

I would like to have more lives so I can see what happens in the future...unless it's just awful, then I suppose being dead would be better.

Leftimies

Dwelling in the Principle

I do not believe that there'll be a judgement.

All I know and believe, is that I will be forced to return to live again countless lives, regardless of whether I want it or not. Each of them painted by never-ending suffering.

It is a big thing in Buddhism, to be free of Samsara/reincarnation cycle. In a sense, there is no 'this life', 'after life' or 'past life' in my line of Buddhist thinking; rather, they all different forms of present state of physical realm in various times. Time itself doesn't exist outside change, so the absolute death/loss of perception and life with perception are both equally real, but exist with different qualities. Other knows suffering and joy and everything realated, another knows neither and nothing else.

My extra two cents:
It should be added that my views on reincarnation are very materialistic, perhaps ignorant of the concept of soul per se; rather, it is the fabric of reality that shifts in shape and form. Also, I believe that between the death and rebirth there exists a long period of 'absolute death', or as long a period it requires for the particular fabric of reality (call them bosons, atoms, whatever you like) to transform and attach to life again.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member