• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you wish there will be afterlife

danieldemol

Premium Member
I do not believe that there'll be a judgement.

All I know and believe, is that I will be forced to return to live again countless lives, regardless of whether I want it or not. Each of them painted by never-ending suffering...

...My extra two cents:
It should be added that my views on reincarnation are very materialistic, perhaps ignorant of the concept of soul per se; rather, it is the fabric of reality that shifts in shape and form. Also, I believe that between the death and rebirth there exists a long period of 'absolute death', or as long a period it requires for the particular fabric of reality (call them bosons, atoms, whatever you like) to transform and attach to life again.

Are these personal views really ignorant of a soul concept? You say the changed fabric of reality will re-attach to "life" the life in question being yours. The materialists deny that life exists outside the composition of the elements, and would only say that similarity of personality traits is co-incidental, and not due to some pre-existent "life" attaching to a new chemical composition according to my understanding.

Assuming my understanding of the thoroughly materialistic philosophy, there is no greater link between you and someone priorly living who had similar personality traits than there is between you and someone currently living with similar personality traits.

Leftimies

Dwelling in the Principle
Are these personal views really ignorant of a soul concept? You say the changed fabric of reality will re-attach to "life" the life in question being yours. The materialists deny that life exists outside the composition of the elements, and would only say that similarity of personality traits is co-incidental, and not due to some pre-existent "life" attaching to a new chemical composition according to my understanding.

Assuming my understanding of the thoroughly materialistic philosophy, there is no greater link between you and someone priorly living who had similar personality traits than there is between you and someone currently living with similar personality traits.

I have since refined my views :D