• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Think You Would Regret.....

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
Scuba Pete said:
II Corinthians 10:3 For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. NIV

Our battle is for the HEARTS and SOULS of the people. If you have lost sight of that, you are fighting a legalistic battle just because you can.

Ephesians 4:2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. 3 Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. 4 There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope when you were called— 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. NIV

There you have it: our command to be GENTLE!

If Jesus was as gentle all the time and politically correct as you allude to,why was he ,ran off ,persecuted and killed.

You quoted some excellent verses,but the key here is "the unity of the spirit"
You must be in the spirit ,the spirit of God was upon Jesus,as he is upon the born again believer,he loved everyone,yet he was accused of false teaching,claiming to be God and the son of God.
He preached sin,law, righteousness,holiness,repentance,forgiveness, judgement,
Why was he killed,please enlighten me as to why.

Jesus did'nt have a leg to stand on then and he certainly would'nt in today's society
He was just as offensive and unpopular then as he would be in today's culture.
The question is, who would be the one's to pick up the first stone, if Jesus stood among you declaring his message.
Jesus was meek,mild,humble and gentle, ABOUNDING IN LOVE when they sought after him to kill him.
It really did'nt matter what he spoke as much as what he represented.
No the message he preached is offensive,convicting,brings guilt and will provokes all of us at some time or another.

The messenger was never the problem, it was and always will be, the message

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Then why all the admonitions to be gentle? I take it you don't read those scriptures and stick with just the ones that enable abusive behaviors?

Romans 12:9Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10 Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. 1112 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13 Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.
17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. 18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.NIV

Few were asked to be preachers. Most of us are called to win the world by our example. It's our pride that causes us to want to be the center of attention. Humility, patience and caring should ALWAYS be our hallmark. If people can't see your love, then they can't see the saviour. It's just that simple!

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
Scuba Pete said:
If you are to be persecuted, be persecuted for doing GOOD and not for alienating people due to your delivery. Don't be a stumbling block for people to come to Christ.
You should really understand the scriptures before you quote them out of context, in hopes to establish your point,it only makes you look nobel.
Again, why was Jesus killed, those who nailed him to the cross certainly did'nt think Jesus was doing anything good,come on.
To kill the Son of God,they must have felt he was evil,wicked,offensive
Maybe they even thought as you do,his delivery and that it was not in accordance to what they thought it should have been

Jesus was in actuality a stumbling stone of offense and Christianity has been advancing ever since,go figure why we are labelled as we are.
Mind you, there are those who profess Christian status,yet only to their own agenda
To them I am ashamed and apologetic,for their behavior and actions.
1Pe 2:8 Yes, he is very precious to you who believe. But for those who reject him, "The stone that was rejected by the builders has now become the cornerstone." And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, [even to them] which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

1Cr 1:23For the Jews (religious )require a sign, and the Greeks (philosophers,intellectual) seek after wisdom:But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
Rom 9:33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Scuba Pete

So Romans 12 doesn't apply to you?

Jesus was gentle and patient...

Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." NIV

How about the fruits of the Spirit?

Galations 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other. NIV

Let's build on this theme:

Colossians 3:12 Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
NIV

It takes little effort to tell someone they are going to hell if they don't repent. But we see that Jesus had a relationship with just a few people. He was PATIENT with his disciples don't you think?

Now, I have to ask... Do you think that badgering people is the way to win their hearts?

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
Scuba Pete said:
Then why all the admonitions to be gentle? I take it you don't read those scriptures and stick with just the ones that enable abusive behaviors?

Romans 12:9Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10 Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. 1112 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13 Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.
17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. 18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.NIV

Few were asked to be preachers. Most of us are called to win the world by our example. It's our pride that causes us to want to be the center of attention. Humility, patience and caring should ALWAYS be our hallmark. If people can't see your love, then they can't see the saviour. It's just that simple!

By the way your context of scripture seems convienient to make your point,but on the contrary it is totally out of context.
Paul is talking explicitly to the christian believers in Rom 12:9
The message of love here is from one brother to another.
Not that Paul does is advocating that we should not love those in the world.
He is talking to those who can truly love because the spirit within them

On the contrary,I declare the whole gospel message my friend,but why I am emphasizing certain points and not others is for a very good reason.
Much like why Jesus stood his ground and spoke one way to one group of people with love ,compassion and sensitivity,but to the other group he preached strong,hard and almost appeared insenitive and intolerent and so he was ,I mean towards those who refuted him and hurled insults and mockery
If you follow many of the arguements here,you will see that many want to emphasize the love of God as if it where a nice word to throw around.
It almost sounds pious and righteous to say ,we are just to love one another.
It seems to me that many idolize this thing called love ,but leave Jesus out.
Oh,they bring him in to validate their point ,but that is where it stays.
You can't have or do with Him first,but in the world it is reversed.
You know what I mean,we just want to love all man, and be at peace with one another,but it is only with Jesus that these can all be established in proper order

But many have a misconception of the love of God, in that, there is man's love and then, the love of God that is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost, which can only happen to the believer and for that I felt to use the verses I did and to explain as I saw fit.
That is why Paul teaches the Christians in Rome to love ,because they had the Holy Spirit to enable them to truly love as Jesus did.
Without the love of God in their hearts they had only a veneer and imitation of love that was more superficial and conditional then real and lasting.
By conditional, I mean if people did what others wanted them to do,they would love them,but the moment someone disagreed or confronted them as Jesus did ,their love was shown to be only worn on their sleeves.
But of course you fail to realise this, so therefore you assert your conclusions.

Your christian duty scuba is to proclaim,preach,the good news with your mouth as well as with your actions and I do that daily in word ,deed and thought.
Not that this is the place to preach,but seldom can I make or defend Jesus or christianity or any christian doctrine, in what is suppose to be a theological forum without being told I am preaching.
It's virtually impossible to not share verses and other teachings of Jesus to back up a point without someone hurling that remark,you are preaching, etc.

How can a christian on this forum ,declare the truth when it is attacked,without others accusing you of preaching,or evangelising.

Suba, there is the office of a pastor,prophet,teacher,apostle,evangelist, and with that I understand that we are not all called.
But we are called to declare and defend the word and in this forum you have to be able to do that conservatively without passivity and concern to not appear a certain way to others.
Regardless,of how you speak or what you share here it will all be exploited and heralded as prejudice,preachy,judgmental,etc.

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach(to publish, proclaim openly: something which has been done) the gospel to every creature.

So,what are you saying that Jesus was not loving when he called people vipers and hypocrites,but more abusive and insulting,his love is beyond our ability to comprehend.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Speaking as an outsider, and someone who has been evangelized in many many ways, I can tell you Roli that the number of people who would consider your message and convert is very very low. People who spew Bible verses out of every orifice are not very well respected, because nobody really wants to be beaten with a message, especially not beaten with a message of love (because, badgering and treating people that way doesn't seem very loving). The Christians I respect, and who have taught me to respect rather than loathe Christianity are the ones who live by example - thier words reflect their actions and their actions reflect their words. They live Jesus' message, instead of shouting it at people. You read like a Chick Tract, and nobody but Christians like, or read those.
If you really have your heart set on winning souls, then you should probably listen to the people you're trying to convert.

How can a christian on this forum ,declare the truth when it is attacked,without others accusing you of preaching,or evangelising.

It's very easy. You seem to be in the minority of people who appear to be avangelizing in every post. Take some time to stop typing and actually read some posts from your fellow Christians of all stripes, and compare that with what you say, and you'll figure out the answer to that question.

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
Scuba Pete said:
So Romans 12 doesn't apply to you?

Jesus was gentle and patient...

Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." NIV

How about the fruits of the Spirit?

Galations 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other. NIV

Let's build on this theme:

Colossians 3:12 Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
NIV

It takes little effort to tell someone they are going to hell if they don't repent. But we see that Jesus had a relationship with just a few people. He was PATIENT with his disciples don't you think?

Now, I have to ask... Do you think that badgering people is the way to win their hearts?
Jesus resists the proud but gives grace to the humble
Scuba ,you see that he is talking about christians loving other christians here byt the power of the holy Ghost

All I really have left to say to you Scuba is Jesus' first message was strong,yet loving
but not to those who where not willing to submit to him or the teaching
Mat 3:2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Mat 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Mar 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
Luk 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Luk 13:5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
Mar 9:47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:

Luk 12:5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
[[
QUOTE]quote=MaddLlama]Speaking as an outsider, and someone who has been evangelized in many many ways, I can tell you Roli that the number of people who would consider your message and convert is very very low. People who spew Bible verses out of every orifice are not very well respected, because nobody really wants to be beaten with a message, especially not beaten with a message of love (because, badgering and treating people that way doesn't seem very loving).
[/QUOTE]

I am sorry you feel that way, however
I don't beat people up with the word of God as you have vehemnetly concluded,it does an excellent job all on it's own to everyone of us,at different times in our life
Whether the gospel was shared by me or by a little christian missionary grandmother in Africa.It still irritates,offends and causes people to become enraged.
Remember, this one thing if nothingelse, I don't convert you,that is God's job
I don't sit here spewing out verses to sound or look good as you state,to knock you down,trust me I would be expelled long time ago, it's more times then not, to validate the conversation or point I am making or when people talk about the bible and what Jesus did or said ,it's then I bring scripture in.

I'd rather be accused of sharing too many of Jesus' words then my own ideas and opinions and get lost in the realm of thought and personal views.
The christian and his beliefs have been misinterpreted,exploited,defamed,maligned,slandered,criticised etc for ever.
It always will be,there is never going to be a candy coated gospel that is pleasurable to hear and brings no offense, unless a sect rises up and creates their own version of scripture and that happens everyday.
That type of gospel message only passivies and strokes the individual .
Jesus said himself,they only hear what their itching ears want to heaR
They hate the light of truth and won't allow themselves to hear it because it exposes their deeds,that si why the gospel brings outrage and offense,it exposes sin in hearts

Sorry for me standiing my ground in some instances and defending,clarifying and expounding on certain points,and I will give no excuse for using scritpure.
Maybe your on the wrong forum here, maybe you need to go to New age,conservative,no hassel,politcally correct, forum.
The gospel is not user freindly to many and therfore offensive.
If you want a thread on the theological concepts forum that is not a surgar coated,non offensive,relative forum please start one and disallow the christain who many may even call, extremist.
Not that I am here to offend ,again that gospel message does it on it's own
No offense,but you forget what forum your on and what thread your involved with.

I may not be a favorite here,but neither are the christians around the world ,have you read anything on the persecution of christians around the world and why such horrific things are done to them,was it their fault or the message they declare and the gospel they defend and believe in,
The problem in Jesus day was most certainly not Jesus ,as many would attempt to attribute,but the offense,uncomfortability and outrage the messsage brought
My opinions and perspectives are valid and quite oftened shared,but when I share a verse, if it insults you rememebr it's not me your offended at.
You can direct it towards me but in the end it will be clear that it was never in the messenger,it seldom is,but more so a battle on the inside of everyone of us.

I don't do the converting here,will you ever understand that.
The gospel message is offensive,even if it's only one verse, it will cut to the heart and offend even those who would otherwise not be moved by such a small matter.
People are offended around the world at a mother of 2 who reads her bible and shares it with her neighbors,why is she so violently attacked and killed,because she did something wrong , no it's who she is and what she believes in that provokes her assailants
If you reject the gospel,it's not anyone's fault,so please don't blame me and make me appear as if I am attacking you,it only appears that way

The Christians I respect, and who have taught me to respect rather than loathe Christianity are the ones who live by example - thier words reflect their actions and their actions reflect their words. They live Jesus' message, instead of shouting it at people.
Tell me what have these things done for you in regards to,salvation, turning to Jesus,are you saved,have you turned your life over to him,if not, why ,what is it in your life that keeps you from surrendering to him,please don't blame me ,the church ,other christians,the bible,the tv,your job,etc.
I would like your answer on this ,seriously !!

You read like a Chick Tract, and nobody but Christians like, or read those.
If you really have your heart set on winning souls, then you should probably listen to the people you're trying to convert.
Why don't non christians,go to church, read the bible ,tracts,watch christian TV,please enlighten me.
Trust me, I listen, I see and I hear, alot.
It's toally ironic that you want to conform and convert the christian to your way of thinking and reasoning no differently then you think they are trying to convert you.
But what happens when a christian does not conform to your thinking
Do you bash him,insult him,make false accusations towards him.
I don't find myself doing that to you, but merely standing my ground.

It's very easy. You seem to be in the minority of people who appear to be avangelizing in every post. Take some time to stop typing and actually read some posts from your fellow Christians of all stripes, and compare that with what you say, and you'll figure out the answer to that question.
[/QUOTE]
Maybe it only seems that way to you,the number of christians who profess to be are sledom what they profess when confronted with an argument,or an opportunity to defend the gospel.
It's always easier to go with the grain then against the grain, as I often see here in this forum ,
I am not specifically centring you out but maybe you never get personally challenged by many of these christains.
Not that it's always the place to be challenged,but many threads present that scenario
As long as they are conformed to your ideas of what christianity is everything is kosher, but what if what they suggest conflicts with that train of thought ,what does that do to you,is this how you resort to opposition
You know there are alot of people who call themselves christians ,but won't cross the line of political correctness to stand their ground,they just won't, but there are many on this forum who I see are standing ground and defending the message of the gospel.

Scuba Pete

roli said:
Regardless,of how you speak or what you share here it will all be exploited and heralded as prejudice,preachy,judgmental,etc.
So you condemn the WHOLE world to justify how you want to be abrasive?

roli said:
roli said:
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach(to publish, proclaim openly: something which has been done) the gospel to every creature.
Speaking of context, WHO was he talking to here?

roli said:
So,what are you saying that Jesus was not loving when he called people vipers and hypocrites,but more abusive and insulting,his love is beyond our ability to comprehend.
No, Jesus reserved his vitriol for the legalists of this world: not the unbeliever. Those intent on stealing His Joy from the unbelievers. If you are going to imitate him, do it right.

Why was he called a "Friend" of sinners and tax collectors? They are not the ones who crucified him. The religious right of his day are the ones responsible for his crucifixion. They are the very same people who justified their abrasiveness with scripture as well.

Matthew 5:14 "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. NIV

I would rather SEE a sermon, then hear one anyday. Talk is cheap. Show me you believe by your love.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
So, who is a better witness for Christ, and follow of Christ: the man who stands on a street corner with a Bible and a picket signs quoting verses arbitrarily, or the man who emulates Christ and lives his life as an example?

I'm not offended by the words in the Bible. They mean little to me, since I am not a Christian and don't plan on being one. To me it is not the message that is offensive, but the messenger. Don't you understand that? You keep telling me how I feel, but you're wrong. You are the problem, not your religion. It is people like you who give the world the impression that Christianity is a religion of dogma, intolerance and fire and brimstone. I see no love in your message, all I see is "I'm right, and you're wrong, and if you don't like then, then go to hell". That may not be what you intend to say, but that's how you come off to a lot of people, myself included.
And, if you don't believe me, that's fine too. No business of mine if you enjoy wasting your breath. :D

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
MaddLlama said:
So, who is a better witness for Christ, and follow of Christ: the man who stands on a street corner with a Bible and a picket signs quoting verses arbitrarily, or the man who emulates Christ and lives his life as an example?

I'm not offended by the words in the Bible. They mean little to me, since I am not a Christian and don't plan on being one. To me it is not the message that is offensive, but the messenger. Don't you understand that? You keep telling me how I feel, but you're wrong. You are the problem, not your religion. It is people like you who give the world the impression that Christianity is a religion of dogma, intolerance and fire and brimstone. I see no love in your message, all I see is "I'm right, and you're wrong, and if you don't like then, then go to hell". That may not be what you intend to say, but that's how you come off to a lot of people, myself included.
And, if you don't believe me, that's fine too. No business of mine if you enjoy wasting your breath. :D
Who's message,mine,LOL!!!you keep inferring this is my dogma,my message,my words,and at the same time you say you don't have a problem with the message.
If you have saw anything I write down ,it would be the words of Christ,so spare me the insinuation that these are my words,are your eyes open to see who's message I profess and stands on.
Would you blame Jesus,THE MESSENGER if I was'nt here,because I am sure he would cramp your style.
Why won't you turn to Jesus seeing how you defend him and his message so much
Have you been blaming people all your life,telling yourself they are the problem.
When it's all said and done you'll be responsible for what you did or did'nt do and you may be surprised to find that your pointing the finger will not benefit you in the least

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
roli said:
Who's message,mine,LOL!!!you keep inferring this is my dogma,my message,my words,and at the same time you say you don't have a problem with the message.
If you have saw anything I write down ,it would be the words of Christ,so spare me the insinuation that these are my words,are your eyes open to see who's message I profess and stands on.
Would you blame Jesus,THE MESSENGER if I was'nt here,because I am sure he would cramp your style.
Why won't you turn to Jesus seeing how you defend him and his message so much
Have you been blaming people all your life,telling yourself they are the problem.
When it's all said and done you'll be responsible for what you did or did'nt do and you may be surprised to find that your pointing the finger will not benefit you in the least

Haha, and Christians wonder why so many people are angry at them.

I'm sure if Jesus were here, he'd probably be more interested in talking to me about my life than reading the Bible to me. I'm sure Jesus and I would get along just fine, despite the fact that I'm not a Christian.
I'm not interested in not being responsible for my actions, or my words. Matter of fact I count on it, just as you can count on being held accountable for your own witness and your own attitude. Whether I end up in Heaven, Hell, Hades, the Summerland, the cold earth, or back in another body, I stand by my personal convictions. I'm not blaming my problems on anybody - I'm simply saying that it's a cold fact that there is a lot of animosity towards Christians these days, and it is people with hellfire and brimstone attitudes that help to create and fuel that animosity. If you won't even consider that, then I don't think I have anything at all left to say to you.

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
roli said:
I understand your point,but do you understand God's

I can't even understand the different points of view of my fellow men and women. How can I be expected to understand the point of view that a more complex, supreme being holds?

By the way, there is that blame shifting I mentioned else where.
He does'nt send anyone to hell ,we chose where we go here on earth
Maybe you just don't have a full understanding of this yet.

You can make your point, but don't indirectly belittle my knowledge and understanding of things and talk to my like a six year old.

Put your life in a video presentation and sit down and watch ,is there anything that you might not want God to view,not to mention yourself seeing it over again
Oh yes, you expressed from your logical view point of how you see it ,but ,have you left room for your part of ignorance regarding,who he is, what he has done and why.

And telling people that they're ignorant isn't going to help either. But anyway, yes! There are things I wouldn't want God to see me do, just as you have things you wouldn't want God to see you do, and just as Adam and Eve didn't want God to see them naked. "For all hath sinned and fall short of the glory of God," right?

Is it possible that you just don't have any idea of what you have actually done in regards to sin.

No, it isn't possible. I cross-dress.:flirt: :curtsy:

Have you actually attempted to meet the conditional standards that God requires.
Do you actually know what they are ,maybe that is the question at hand.

Yes, and yes.

CelticRavenwolf

She Who is Lost
"Christianity is such a strange religion. What other God will damn you to Eternal Torment for not believing in his Endless Love?"

If I were to die and stand before the Christian God, learning that he was the one true god after all, he would do one of two things: judge me on my life and determine whether I was fit for heaven or hell based on that, or he would damn me to hell for not having believed in him and blindly followed his Big Sheep with the Holy Bells. If that be the case then I'd rather go to hell.

But since I believe in neither heaven nor hell, I don't forsee a problem.

joeboonda

We were born into an unfortunate situation, Adam and Eve chose to disobey God, this is called sin. The penalty for sin is death, it is a Spiritual Law. God loves us so much, that even though we were born spiritually dead toward Him, with a sinful nature, and are in fact sinners, God still sent His Son to pay the penalty of sin, death. Christ died so we can be reconciled to God. It is God's loving plan to bring us back to Him. We are in this situation, we may not like it, but we are definetely in it, so definitely that the Son of God had to leave Heaven and die to pay for all the sin of all the world once and for all. He did such a wonderful thing for us, it is a shame people turn it upside down and twist it with their meager logic. It is what it is, a wonderful free gift of love, that whoever trusts in Jesus is saved here and now forevermore to the uttermost. But Jesus clearly says those who will not trust in Him are still dead in their sins, they must pay for their own sins in Hell. Jesus died for a reason, to keep us out of Hell. If it is that important to God, we should take heed of it, honestly and sincerely. Time is running out for those who are rejecting the Lord, I pray people will consider trusting in the Saviour before it is too late. I know His words are true, this is Spiritual Reality.

CelticRavenwolf

She Who is Lost
I don't understand the need for a middle man. It suggests to me that humans are not accountable for their actions if one man, deity or no, just has to die to save the many. It especially has me running in circles when Jesus is really God incarnate, so He actually died do He could forgive us...?

I still maintain that in the grand scheme of things, Adam and Eve were supposed to eat from the Tree of Knowledge. Think about it. God creates humans who do not know Good and Evil. Then he puts the Trees in the middle and says they can have anything in the garden except the fruit of those two trees.

Why? If Adam and Eve blindly followed God, why would he tempt them when they have no way of knowing what temptation is? When the snake told Eve that God lied and said they wouldn't die if they ate from the tree, what reason did she have for doubting the snake, besides it casting doubt on her blind following of God? How did she know it was wrong to disobey God?

The answer is simply faith and blind love. NEver question god. That's the end of it. Pure and simple. And God, being the omnipotent deity that he is, knew they would disobey him and eat of the Tree of Knowledge.

Which tells me either a) Christian God is cruel and did it to prove a point to his creation, or b) The stroy of Adam and Eve is just that - a story created to explain how we were created the way that we are, and why women are inferior to men.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
CelticRavenwolf said:
I still maintain that in the grand scheme of things, Adam and Eve were supposed to eat from the Tree of Knowledge. Think about it. God creates humans who do not know Good and Evil. Then he puts the Trees in the middle and says they can have anything in the garden except the fruit of those two trees.
That is my theology too. I think of "the Fall" as ultimately a good thing, a great thing. I've actually been thinking of developing a ritual to celebrate the Fall.

The traditional interpretation of the A&E story leads us to "worship" ignorance. We think that if we are ignorant then we are innocent, and we mourn for the loss of both and really, wish to return to that state. Hence the blind faith routine, it's an attempt to return to ignorance/innocence. Sorry, but that ship has sailed.

Whereas I interpret the A&E story as humans fulfilling their destiny. Sure, there is some sadness of seperation from God (or the illusion of such), just as there is sadness in a child becoming independant of his or her parents. But such separation is necessary in order for us to become fully responsible moral agents. No longer is the source of moral authority only external, but internal as well. Only thru the Fall can we fully express the divine within us. In learning the difference between good and evil humans grew up, out of the innocence/ignorance of childhood and into moral adulthood, where we can be full partners with God.

CelticRavenwolf

She Who is Lost
That is a truely eloquent way to explain it, Lilithu! I had yet to meet a Christian who could view it that way. So many of them don't allow for independant thought, they just spew out what they hear in church. I think destiny is the right word for it. If that story were true, then I believe it could only be true if humans were meant to eat that fruit.