• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Think You Would Regret.....

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Scuba Pete said:
<cough cough> Uh, I am OFTEN found quoting scripture. I don't think many would consider me a legalist. :D
No, but you can make a post, talk about scripture, and form an opinion without doing what Roli does: make a general statement, and then copy/paste a list of quotes taken out of context that may possibly or not relate to the statement made.
Just looking at the posts made by just about every other Christian on the forum, and Roli, there is a big difference. Every single one of his posts sounds like a bad regurgitation of an evangelistic tract. I would hope you don't see your posts that way :D

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
[
quote=zombieharlot]God's love is supposedly greater than what any human can give. But I can't imagine any parent who truly loves their child to send their child to hell. As far as I'm concerned, true love isn't conditional. And for a god to send some of his children to hell while saving others seems like a very conditional thing to me. So, I don't think His love is all that great.
2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
When you raise a child a particular way and he veers off that course because of a lack of adherence,submission and obedience to what you instructed him ,did you fail or was it the childs fault.
At what point is a person ,via child become responsible for their actions and therefore set the course for their own destruction.
I understand your point,but do you understand God's
By the way, there is that blame shifting I mentioned else where.
He does'nt send anyone to hell ,we chose where we go here on earth
Maybe you just don't have a full understanding of this yet.
Put your life in a video presentation and sit down and watch ,is there anything that you might not want God to view,not to mention yourself seeing it over again
Oh yes, you expressed from your logical view point of how you see it ,but ,have you left room for your part of ignorance regarding,who he is, what he has done and why.
The very reason any of us are still standing despite our hurlling insults,disrespect,irreverence, and dissatisfaction at God ,not to mention our pride,arrogance and self righteousness, liberated views and expressions of how he has or how he should run heaven and the earth
Psa 103:10 He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.
Psa 130:3If thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand?
Is it possible that you just don't have any idea of what you have actually done in regards to sin.

If I end up in hell it's obviously because I'm defective, whether I rewired myself to be that way or not. And if I do not meet the conditional standards that God has set for all humanity to live by, then I will gladly be tossed away with all the other human scraps.
[/QUOTE]
Yes,we are all defective because of sin,but God made a way to change that,if one refuses to take the appropriate action who's responsible.
I f one refuses to follow God they inturn chose their own course of action according to their free will,they must also anticipate the outcome ,so a child who wilfully rebels and disobeys.
Is that a parents choice ,of course not ,come on,so it is with God.
But ignorance is far from bliss.
Have you actually attempted to meet the conditional standards that God requires.
Do you actually know what they are ,maybe that is the question at hand.

Random

The Judgement of God is written in my soul: and yours. We Judge ourselves and get what we deserve according to the Law of Karma. Transcend it, and you will find yourself beyond choice in a realm where you Belong. There is no higher desire: no greater forgiveness, no fuller compassion.

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
Papersock said:
I would be very, very surprised and maybe mumble a half-hearted "sorry," with a shrug.

But since the Bible says that every knee will bow, does that mean God will make some people bow?
Well ,you know the bible,he means every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord.
Regardless of rank and position,race or creed,sex or colour
Hitler,Saddam,kings and princes,the rich,the weak will all,according to scripture bow in submission and subjection.

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
`PaWz said:
Would you care to explain what he missed?
He's not out for revenge,he's not a dictator,he does'nt enjoy seeing people punished,as many seem to express God is not laughing or happy for judging people and by their choices sending them to hell.

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
roli said:
The very reason any of us are still standing despite our hurlling insults,disrespect,irreverence, and dissatisfaction at God ,not to mention our pride,arrogance and self righteousness, liberated views and expressions of how he has or how he should run heaven and the earth
I think you misinterpret the target of all the dissatisfaction. I suspect that most of the time those statements you interpret as insults toward God are actually insults directed at what we perceive as man-made doctrines, and are not aimed at God at all.

God is not doctrine. God is not the stupid ideas humans created. Surely God would understand the distinction in our hearts.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
roli said:
He's not out for revenge,he's not a dictator,he does'nt enjoy seeing people punished,as many seem to express God is not laughing or happy for judging people and by their choices sending them to hell.

Well, the god that you're presenting to us certainly seems to delight in sending the non-believers to hell. At the very least, he doesn't seem like he would be sad or upset by having to tell someone to "go to hell".
I don't, however, believe that is the way the Christian god truly is - I just think you lack the ability to describe and present him correctly.

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
Scuba Pete said:
I pray that my posts are never likened to his. God is a God of order... not like this.
Order is what I am discussing here, please enlighten me as to how I have made God out of order

UnTheist

With the God you're describing, the only action that sends you to Hell is not believing. Other sins can be forgiven when you die and face God

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
MaddLlama said:
Well, the god that you're presenting to us certainly seems to delight in sending the non-believers to hell. At the very least, he doesn't seem like he would be sad or upset by having to tell someone to "go to hell".
I don't, however, believe that is the way the Christian god truly is - I just think you lack the ability to describe and present him correctly.
How have you extracted that out of what I have said,God does not delight ,by their choices,in sending people to hell
Many here as well, are presenting God in their own logical or illogical manner,not that that is wrong ,at least to them,but that it is not the way he is perceived in the bible or in a living personal expereince with him.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Roli, if when you die, you were to come face to face with Hades, or Badb....what would you do?
Like I said before, this is a hypothetical situation, so please indulge me and extent the courtsey of suspending your belief for one minute and consider this question (just like you're asking the rest of us to).

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
[
quote=`PaWz]With the God you're describing, the only action that sends you to Hell is not believing. Other sins can be forgiven when you die and face God
I am only stating what God declares in his word,as you have said,as this is a theolgical forum, maybe I'm wrong ,but if people want to add their spin, that is their prerogative.
We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes
[/quote]
Again we were given free will,can you understand what that means.
As are your children if you have any,how logical does that sound for them to blame you when they break the law and end up in jail. Or something worse ,who's fault is that,come on,blame the parents all you want but who put them in the jail cell.

UnTheist

roli said:
[
I am only stating what God declares in his word,as you have said,as this is a theolgical forum, maybe I'm wrong ,but if people want to add their spin, that is their prerogative.

Again we were given free will,can you understand what that means.
As are your children if you have any,how logical does that sound for them to blame you when they break the law and end up in jail. Or something worse ,who's fault is that,come on,blame the parents all you want but who put them in the jail cell.
I am saying there is no legitimate point to burn one in Hell for infinity when the person's actions were finite. If anything, you should only be punished to the amount that you sinned. ETERNAL Hell is not necessary.

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
MaddLlama said:
Roli, if when you die, you were to come face to face with Hades, or Badb....what would you do?
Like I said before, this is a hypothetical situation, so please indulge me and extent the courtsey of suspending your belief for one minute and consider this question (just like you're asking the rest of us to).
Remember what forum you are in "Theological Concepts "
But in answer to your question, I will not , because I am arrogant ,and so self assured on my own merit,but because his spirit witnesses to my spirit that I am his son and if a son then an heir to eternal life.
As a christian I will escape the eternal judgement.
I will however be judged for rewards.

...but if hypothetically I was sentenced to hell,I would be as regretful and remorseful as the next person,maybe not as many on this forum.
As many seem to have a rebutal of sorts in store when they stand before God
Im pretty sure I would be speechless refraining from ,blame shifting,harsh comments and sarcastic remarks to God,but regretful that I made wrong choices.
I would hope that my cries for mercy would be heard and not drowned out by the horrific sounds around me.
I believe I would know where I went wrong and at that point know that there is no hope,but only despair.
That knowledge would have come from what the word had declared.
But I have the assurance I am going to heaven because of the spirit of God within me

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
`PaWz said:
I am saying there is no legitimate point to burn one in Hell for infinity when the person's actions were finite. If anything, you should only be punished to the amount that you sinned. ETERNAL Hell is not necessary.
I agree with your feelings,but could it be possible we just don't comprehend the severity of our trespasses against God

UnTheist

roli said:
I agree with your feelings,but could it be possible we just don't comprehend the severity of our trespasses against God
I believe we comprehend them just fine.

Your greatest 'tresspass' as you see it, is not believing. But that's the problem.

I would like to know what harm would be done if we didn't believe. What if I did all things that Christianity (or many other religions) calls for: Peace, Love, Kindness, Understanding, doing good deeds, ect ect. What more is needed, then? Believing in God doesn't seem to do anything.

PureX

Veteran Member
roli said:
Excuse me for intruding, but this strikes me as one of those "what if" propositions. I mean, the possibilities of what we don't comprehend are basically endless. And the repercussions of our not knowing what we don't know could be anything. But I don't know where this line of thought can lead us. It's infinite, and therefor pointless.

We're stuck having to go with what we think we do know, because what we don't know is basically endless, and therefor meaningless. So even though we certainly could always be wrong, so what? It's not like we can do anything about that. All we can do is the best we can with what information we have. If that's not enough, then we're screwed, and there's nothing we can do about it.

This is why I think honesty is far more important than righteousness.