• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Think You Would Regret.....

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
Draka said:
How in the world can you claim that any other gods are unknown to the seeker? You have not seeked them out so you would not know. You want to believe that they are "figments of imaginations" so you can go on believing that your choice of deity is the only "real" one. Fact is, you cannot prove yours any more valid than anyone else's. You have put all your stock into a book that man has written with no outside facts to back it up. You are flying on your faith alone and are expecting everyone else to just buy into that faith and deny their own.

Pathways
I am not here to say they did'nt experience something
It may be real in their minds and may even be a spirit of sorts manifest itself as a god but I guess that is there experience.
According to scripture and experience there are demons manifested as angels of light
When you actually meet, encounter and experience the one true living God who is like no other,you will know.
He can prove himself to those who call out to him,but the question always is why won't they call out to him.
Is it because they know it will cost them something they are not ready to relinquish,like sin,are people blaming someone or something for not turning to God
My stock is in Christ and his spirit confirms everthing I need to know that heaven is my home ,my sins are forgiven and that I will live forever.
His spirit is the assurance the gaurantee that we are saved,scripture tells us that and I have personally experienced and ,oh what a life
What assurance do you or others have in your god or diety????

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
roli said:

Would you believe anyone if they said they have the same amount of assurance in their beliefs as you do? Even if they don't have a book to go on, they surely have personal conviction and spiritual experience, or else they wouldn't believe it were true.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
roli said:
It won't be so much the path that you took as will it be the path (Jesus) you did'nt take and why.
There is much in scripture regarding what the outcome is to those who reject Jesus in this life
There will be no excuse for all that is known of God is already in everyone of us Romans 1
I believe many refuse to follow Jesus because of what pleasures and indulgences they will have to give up
No one will rebut God or demand an explaination as to why ,I think at that point we will all know where we went wrong ,why
I agree wholeheartedly with Scuba Pete when he said that those who choose love choose God. Jesus said that you had to go thru him in order to gain salvation. Has it ever occured to you that he wasn't talking about believing in a doctrine but instead saying that you have to choose love?

Yes, rejecting the path of love will bar us from paradise.
Yes, there is no excuse because love is already known in us.
Do not worship an idea. Surely that is idolatry.
Choose love.

turk179

I smell something....
roli said:
If you did stand before God the moment you leave this life ,"Do You think you would regret the fact that you spent your life pursuing logic,reason,emperical evidence,refuting the christian theological doctrines ,evidence,historical/geographical studies,the bible,Jesus ,God Heaven,Judgement,hell punishment.
Or would you continue to refute ,justify,excuse yourself before God.
Would you blame God for not following after him because of the hypocracy,all the denominations,the conflict between the christian community,the atrocities of historical religion and so on.......

Or would you be regretful,humble and ashamed that you made the wrong choices.
Would you at that point beg for mercy,or do you think you would submit to his decision of eternal punishment.
What would you do????
I am going to change some things around to make things more simple for myself. The question remains the same but some of the names have changed to protect the innocent.
So I die and I find myself in the presence of Bob the shoe salesman. Now I have been buying other peoples shoes my entire life and sure enough, the majority of Americans were right! Bob was selling the one and only true shoe. Would I blame Bob for not making clear the advertisements of this glorious shoe or would I beg for mercy or submit to his decision to spend eternity in the confines of his basement with all the smelly old shoes? I do not mean to belittle the Christian concept but to be truthful, I do not know God from Bob and if I were to be judged by Bob at the end of my existence and it was based solely on whether or not I believed and loved him and his shoes instead of my actions throughout my life, whether good or bad, then Bob can kiss my butt. Would I submit to his decision of eternal punishment? Not a chance in hell.

Draka

Wonder Woman
roli said:
It may be real in their minds and may even be a spirit of sorts manifest itself as a god but I guess that is there experience.
According to scripture and experience there are demons manifested as angels of light
When you actually meet, encounter and experience the one true living God who is like no other,you will know.
He can prove himself to those who call out to him,but the question always is why won't they call out to him.
Is it because they know it will cost them something they are not ready to relinquish,like sin,are people blaming someone or something for not turning to God
My stock is in Christ and his spirit confirms everthing I need to know that heaven is my home ,my sins are forgiven and that I will live forever.
His spirit is the assurance the gaurantee that we are saved,scripture tells us that and I have personally experienced and ,oh what a life

Dude, this reads like all your other posts so far. "My experiences and knowledge outweigh yours...nananananana" and then random preaching down to those who believe differently. Like MadLlama essentially said, you wouldn't believe anyone else's experiences and convictions anyway. You equate them to the teachings of demons. Well, let me tell you something. If it be demons teaching me to love the earth, my fellow men and women, revere nature, have respect for all things on this earth and beyond, then it sounds to me as if my demons have a bigger heart than your "God".

UnTheist

roli said:
So, your experiences are more valid than another's? What kind of BS is that? Are you really that arrogant to say 'my experiences are the real ones, and you're just hallucinating?' Many other religions teach love and kindness and helping others. What is better than that? How are they still sinners? These posts you make are all the same. Maybe you should consider the fact that the God you are describing asks for a alot more than necessary in life.

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
roli said:

I'm just curious to know, if my god says that your god is a demon appearing as an angel of light as a counter to yours saying mine is, who can say which is more credible?

yuvgotmel

roli said:
If you did stand before God the moment you leave this life ,"Do You think you would regret the fact that you spent your life pursuing logic,reason,emperical evidence,refuting the christian theological doctrines ,evidence,historical/geographical studies,the bible,Jesus ,God Heaven,Judgement,hell punishment.
Would you blame God for not following after him because of the hypocracy,all the denominations,the conflict between the christian community,the atrocities of historical religion and so on.......

Would you at that point beg for mercy,or do you think you would submit to his decision of eternal punishment.
What would you do????

Your question makes the supposition that logic, reason and emperical evidence are somehow wrong and contrary to "god"; and your statement continues to indirectly claim that "the bible, Jesus, God Heaven, Judgment, hell punishment" and so on are realities. It is nearly impossible for me to respond to your OP in the manner that it is written because it is based on a supposition that I do not agree with.

My "refuting" of the various things that you mentioned and more are not because of misplaced blame. I state what I do because I truly believe I'm right.

yuvgotmel

YmirGF said:
I am far too arrogant to backpeddle at this stage of the game Roli. I would first ask god for a mirror and then I would hold it up and tell him to take a long hard look. Hopefully the mirror would not crack. I would then fish for a cigarette and casually say, "Got a light?"

LOL LOL LOL

:clap

This supposition from the OP reminds me of the atheist that believes in God, just in case. Either way, it's a win-win situation.

yuvgotmel

astarath said:
Does a dog tell it's master what the rules of the relationship are or does the master make the rules and the dog obeys?

God has given us simple commandments by which to live, sent 100's of prophets to remind us of them and even gave his only son to us to show how much he wants us to live as he asks. If through all this you chose not to follow his instruction, you have chosen to take the punishment that goes with those actions.

If someone commits murder they take the punishment for the actions. The court does not take flack for taking the life of the murderer.

If someone ignores the tenets of God they take the punishment for the actions. God does not take flack for taking away the heaven of the transgressor.

Wow.. are you comparing people to dogs? ...:eek:

eudaimonia

Fellowship of Reason
roli said:

No, why would I, since I did so honestly?

If I was honest, what further need would I have for justification?

No, and I don't now.

I don't see honesty as a cause for shame or regret.

What would you do????

Why would I have to beg? Surely, God is mature and wise enough not to require begging.

I would let God make his decision -- does he want an honest man in heaven, or a dishonest man?

If he wants honest men, he's a good God. If he wants snivelling spineless cowards, he's an evil God. Either way, I win.

eudaimonia,

Mark

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
MaddLlama said:
Would you believe anyone if they said they have the same amount of assurance in their beliefs as you do? Even if they don't have a book to go on, they surely have personal conviction and spiritual experience, or else they wouldn't believe it were true.
I already agreed they may have had an experience and yes, it may very well arose through personal conviction.
Ok people, so settle down, I feel as Jesus did when the people he spoke to drove him out of their towns several times and picked up stones to kill him.
I don't judge anyone or even claim you have'nt experiencesd something,I am only saying Jesus makes the bold statement,it's him you should blame when he says that he is the only way to God the one true God ,the creator God, the forgiving and eternal God etc.
God says I am the one true God ,before me there was no other
Many may have a god,tied to a religious devotion they follow and very well place there stock in it,and to that I say ,congrats.but Jesus says only through Jesus will you enter his heaven and find the one true God.
So, hey everyone,don't listen to me,don't believe me and don't falsly accuse me of violating your liberal religious rites, but please
Blame the one in whom I quote, this is not about me but about the one who says,we all will stand before someday.

It's ironic how some people can create a god that suits their own personal views ,lifestyles and behaviors and to them it is their god and cheers to them.
It goes something like this ,well ,my god does'nt believe in hell,my god would'nt send anyone to hell,my god says as long as I love people,my god says,as long as you try to do good.my god says this and that etc.

Yes,I will say to those who need to hear this that, my God may be as fictious as the next persons god, but only time will truly show us all.

I somehow think validating with scripture won't go over here to well for many reasons ,so I will refrain and only paraphrase
....but Jesus says " I am the way, the truth and the life" whoever believes in me is not condemned,but he who does'nt believe in me stands condemned already because they have not believed in the only begotten son of God.
There you have it, please remember what forum we are on ,"theological concepts ,so as to not be so alarmed with the topics and responses and personal view points.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Nobody is "throwing stones" at you. Please give up the martyr complex and come to the understanding that not everybody is going to agree with you.

When people say "my god", this is not saying "the god I just made up because I felt like it", they are saying "the god I believe in". Just like you. It's just that some people are more careful about assuming that theirs is the only one in existance.

How do you know which gods are "made up" and which ones aren't? Ideas and descriptions had to come from somewhere, so then wouldn't it follow that all gods are made-up by someone? No? Ok, well then what exactly is the difference between someone "discovering" the god you believe in, and "discovering" the one others do? How exactly do you know that other ancient gods don't exist? People certainly believe they do, so what makes your experience more valid than the next persons?

And, BTW, saying "my god is the only true one because he says so" is circular reasoning, so don't be so surprised when you repeat it again and again and the statement gets ignored.

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
lilithu said:
I agree wholeheartedly with Scuba Pete when he said that those who choose love choose God. Jesus said that you had to go thru him in order to gain salvation. Has it ever occured to you that he wasn't talking about believing in a doctrine but instead saying that you have to choose love?

Yes, rejecting the path of love will bar us from paradise.
Yes, there is no excuse because love is already known in us.
Do not worship an idea. Surely that is idolatry.
Choose love.

Many speak of love and throw it around like a commodity and almost a god in itself and the person may very well function in that love on a daily basis,to the best of their ability,but they never embrace,accept,believe and receive Christ as Savior for sins.
Who is the embodiment of love.
Just for the record there is man centered love that is spoke of and practiced,but then there is a love that can only come through a personal relationship with Christ.
That is God's love ,that the bible says is only shed abroad in our hearts by his holy spirit.
These are 2 different forms of love,the question is which love is more worthy to be considered,man's love or God's love

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
roli said:
Many speak of love and throw it around like a commodity and almost a god in itself and the person may very well function in that love on a daily basis,to the best of their ability,but they never embrace,accept,believe and receive Christ as Savior for sins.
Who is the embodiment of love.
Just for the record there is man centered love that is spoke of and practiced,but then there is a love that can only come through a personal relationship with Christ.
That is God's love ,that the bible says is only shed abroad in our hearts by his holy spirit.
These are 2 different forms of love,the question is which love is more worthy to be considered,man's love or God's love

People who are not Christians most certainly have the capacity to love in a meaningful and spiritual way. First thing that comes to mind is the long tradition of Buddhist loving-kindness; the Buddha taught the same type of love, and was just as much of an embodiment of love as Christ was.
What exactly is "man centered" love, anyway? This is a concept that is foreign outside of Christianity. To the rest of us, love is love.

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
MaddLlama said:
When people say "my god", this is not saying "the god I just made up because I felt like it", they are saying "the god I believe in". Just like you. It's just that some people are more careful about assuming that theirs is the only one in existance.

How do you know which gods are "made up" and which ones aren't? Ideas and descriptions had to come from somewhere, so then wouldn't it follow that all gods are made-up by someone? No? Ok, well then what exactly is the difference between someone "discovering" the god you believe in, and "discovering" the one others do? How exactly do you know that other ancient gods don't exist? People certainly believe they do, so what makes your experience more valid than the next persons?

And, BTW, saying "my god is the only true one because he says so" is circular reasoning, so don't be so surprised when you repeat it again and again and the statement gets ignored.
Before we start down an endless road of heresy,please enlighten me as to what diety you believe in maddLlama,
Is yours made up,is he /she real,what is this god to you,how do you communicate to it and what hope and purpose is there in following it.

I would be very interested to hear what others say about these gods people believe in,I mean the people who oppose everything I say here in this forum.
Who is your god????
You seem to be so enraged at my claims and feel you are attacked,remember we are talking about gods here and what they tell us and what they do for us and what they claim,it's about belief,conviction or is it just about yelling the loudest.
So let's not talk as though your god you defend is just a figment of the imagination.
I would like to hear about some of your gods.
I mean seeing how so many vehemently defend and protect their gods they must surely have personal ties to these gods,do you love your god,has he done anything for you that counts, are these gods worthy to recieve such devotion, especially as I see many hear defending their gods.
What is their reasons for following your god and who is your god??????
I mean when compared to the exclusivity Christ brings to the table as a personal savior
Are your gods threatened by Jesus Christ,or do many people just argue against what Christians claim,for the sake of intellectual arguement and to bash the christian.

It's interesting that I never hear many people personally validate,admonish,quote or recognise their so called gods they vouch for so strongly.
They do it more in a impersonal way
They more or less philosophize in a very general sense and never really bring home to personalize it,why is that I wonder??????
I find more evidence of people bashing any personal beliefs, convictions or quotes I have concerning my God and what he says,then them actually conteracting with what their god says,why is that.???.

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
MaddLlama said:
People who are not Christians most certainly have the capacity to love in a meaningful and spiritual way. First thing that comes to mind is the long tradition of Buddhist loving-kindness; the Buddha taught the same type of love, and was just as much of an embodiment of love as Christ was.
What exactly is "man centered" love, anyway? This is a concept that is foreign outside of Christianity. To the rest of us, love is love.
I will tell you right off that the love of the buddist and the love that is found in Chirst are radically opposed.
Are you telling me that the love God has is equal to that of a mere man,named Budda
The budda was a man and God is ,well lack of better terms"" God" and he is not as some religions claim him to be ,which is flesh and blood.
There is a love that comes from God that is unlike that which comes through carnal men, guru's,sect leaders the like.
If you don't see this, we are heading no where,but again you must believe in God to see that.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
roli said:
Before we start down an endless road of heresy,please enlighten me as to what diety you believe in maddLlama, Is yours made up,is he /she real,what is this god to you,how do you communicate to it and what hope and purpose is there in following it.

I don't believe in any god.

I would be very interested to hear what others say about these gods people believe in,I mean the people who oppose everything I say here in this forum.
Who is your god????

Do you really care about the religious beliefs of others? Or, do you just want to know so that you can explain why their beliefs are invalid?

You seem to be so enraged at my claims and feel you are attacked,remember we are talking about gods here and what they tell us and what they do for us and what they claim,it's about belief,conviction or is it just about yelling the loudest.

I am not angry in any way at your claims. It doesn't matter to me if you believe that your way is the only way, or that you believe in whatever god. However, I am curious why you expect everyone to read your posts and just automatically agree with you?

I mean seeing how so many vehemently defend and protect their gods they must surely have personal ties to these gods,do you love your god,has he done anything for you that counts, are these gods worthy to recieve such devotion, especially as I see many hear defending their gods.

Are you trying to say that your god is the only one that could possibly be loved, love back, or do any beneficial for a person? That yours is the only one worthy of devotion? Do you know anything at all about any gods or religions outside of your own?
Most of my friends are Wiccans, and their gods certainly love them, support them, and they have a very strong personal relationship with them. I am not them, so I wouldn't be in a position to tell you exactly what, but to me, their spiritual practice and devotion to their beliefs is just as valid as anyone elses, yours included.

I mean when compared to the exclusivity Christ brings to the table as a personal saviorAre your gods threatened by Jesus Christ,or do many people just argue against what Christians claim,for the sake of intellectual arguement and to bash the christian.

You seem to be the only one who sees this as a competition. The rest of us are just annoyed that someone could possibly believe that their spiritual experience is the only valid one.

It's interesting that I never hear many people personally validate,admonish,quote or recognise their so called gods they vouch for so strongly.

Probably because most of us are here to learn, rather than win converts or convince everyone else that our religion is the right one. That's really not what the forum is here for anyway.

I find more evidence of people bashing any personal beliefs, convictions or quotes I have concerning my God and what he says,then them actually conteracting with what their god says,why is that.???.

Possibly, it's because most people look to thier faith to help them live well, act correctly and love others, rather than waiting for god to give them instruction on when to sneeze. :) A good number of people here have thier own opinion without having to use some sort of religious scripture to back it up.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
roli said:
I will tell you right off that the love of the buddist and the love that is found in Chirst are radically opposed.

Really? I don't see how they are opposite. They're certainly not the same exact thing, but I think to say they taught the opposite is just an exaggeration.

Do you know anything about Buddhism? I mean, have you read anything about it outside of any evangelical tracts or apologetics books you may have found?