• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you think you have any 3rd choice. What/how ?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I know you'e a good person. You don't lie, am familiar with that. :)

Give me your example. Am interested in it. I really want to know, and also therefore understand.

I'll go against my better judgment and give you three of the better known ones.
  • Adi Sankara
  • Sri Ramakrishna
  • Swami Vivekananda

chinu

chinu
You said it was a video game. So there'll be a pause function. Quit. Play. Or pause.
First of all pause don't happen so easily. If happened, then one will feel like pausing the game for ever which is = quitting the video game for ever.
Useful whilst you need to do important things. After all, if life is all searching for enlightenment, it gets awkward when you realise you've pooped your pants.
:) OP already says.. your'e so busy in playing -- that you have NO time left to think about that ?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Please choose one of the best example. So that I could know.

None of them are a "best example." They all achieved becoming jivanmukta in their lifetime. They are posted in the order they lived. You can Google any of them to learn about them, as all their experiences are well-documented.

chinu

chinu
None of them are a "best example." They all achieved becoming jivanmukta in their lifetime. They are posted in the order they lived. You can Google any of them to learn about them, as all their experiences are well-documented.
Swami Vivekananda Meditated a lot. He believed in Meditations. Do you ?
Meditation played a very important role in the life and teachings of Swami Vivekananda. He was interested in meditation from his childhood. His master Ramakrishna found him a dhyana-siddha (expert in meditation). On 24 December 1892, Vivekananda reached Kanyakumari and meditated for three days on a large rock and took the resolution to dedicate his life to serve humanity. The event is known as the Kanyakumari resolve of 1892. He reportedly also meditated for a long time on the day of his death (4 July 1902).

chinu

chinu
There's nothing to believe in with regard to meditation. It's a thing.

Are you asking me if I believe it helps lead one to Self realization?
Yes am asking this.

Also, you might find this article useful.
Jivanmukta - Wikipedia
The word Jivanmukta is the combination of two words Jivan + Mukta. Which means quitting the cycle of deaths and births. This according me is equal to quitting the video game.

When in OP I said.. This video game provides us countless -- chances/lifelines/rebirths to continue in the game. This means.. the cycle of deaths and births.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I know how video games work.
The video game of life is currently going on. How will you beat this game ?
What makes you think you understand the game in progress? Perhaps you are playing a mythical game rather than the real one.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
It fits on all aspects of life.

Can you show any area where is does't fits ? :)
Fits as in what? You think one religious belief has such over all others or no religious belief does so? I could no doubt choose any number of games if I was so disposed apart from the obvious one - of survival, for each individual and as a species, and where we hardly get a choice other than ending such.

chinu

chinu
Fits as in what? You think one religious belief has such over all others or no religious belief does so?
To me religion means re+legion, or re-union with from where we all started the journey of life in the beginning, or say quitting this video game. As soon as one quit, one finds itself in re-union with God, or say find him/herself in God's world.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Suppose, a long time back we all were the citizen of God's world. God created/started this universe/world because we made this demand for fun sake. We thought it would be fun living/playing in this world, like.. playing a video game.This video game provides us countless -- chances/lifelines/rebirths to continue in the game.

I believe that we have only (2) two options:
  1. Continue in the game, or
  2. Quit playing the game.
I believe that as soon as one quit playing -- one will find him/herself in God's world. Quitting the game sound an easy task, but is NOT that easy. Quitting the game = Quitting all thoughts. Wanna like to give it a try ? Or your'e so busy in playing -- that you have NO time left to think about that ?

Or do you think you have any 3rd choice. What / how ?

Kindly note: please do refrain posting in this thread if you don't like to suppose.

I Quit the game.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I don't understand what you mean by saying this. Can you rephrase adding some more details ? :)

You made the game up and asked for a 3rd choice with no "get on your knees and grovel to your god for a new game ". Now that rule has suddenly appeared.