• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you think you have any 3rd choice. What/how ?

chinu

chinu
You made the game up and asked for a 3rd choice with no "get on your knees and grovel to your god for a new game ". Now that rule has suddenly appeared.
But, I also said that.. before that firstly you need to quit this current game.

When quit -- pption is already taken.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Suppose, a long time back we all were the citizen of God's world. God created/started this universe/world because we made this demand for fun sake. We thought it would be fun living/playing in this world, like.. playing a video game.This video game provides us countless -- chances/lifelines/rebirths to continue in the game.

I believe that we have only (2) two options:
  1. Continue in the game, or
  2. Quit playing the game.
I believe that as soon as one quit playing -- one will find him/herself in God's world. Quitting the game sound an easy task, but is NOT that easy. Quitting the game = Quitting all thoughts. Wanna like to give it a try ? Or your'e so busy in playing -- that you have NO time left to think about that ?

Or do you think you have any 3rd choice. What / how ?

Kindly note: please do refrain posting in this thread if you don't like to suppose.

I was watching a Ted talk yesterday. The speaker was sharing how people who haven't had a mystical experience can have one. He says it depends on a couple of factors.

He says these are the factors

1. Sense of intensity
2. Sense of clarity
3. Sense of interconnectedness
4. Sense of surrender or trust in that experience

I guess you can say quitting the game would be surrendering to the experience. In that, maybe the continuous game is, I guess, not fulfilling enough so to stop it would be best?

Instead of quieting the game, find different perspectives in which to play the game. It doesn't need to be a video game or used to have fun. It's up to the person whose plays it. That, and the game is continuous. It doesn't stop. So, instead of trying to quite the game or beat it, just have fun playing. When you get to the castle, you're cool. If not, you have one more coin to go. Enjoy it. God is in the experience not in the reward.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes am asking this.

Yes.

The word Jivanmukta is the combination of two words Jivan + Mukta. Which means quitting the cycle of deaths and births. This according me is equal to quitting the video game.

When in OP I said.. This video game provides us countless -- chances/lifelines/rebirths to continue in the game. This means.. the cycle of deaths and births.

Then you can think of it this way...

One can use a cheat code and beat the game.

Sorry, but beating a video game, as I see it, is not the same things as quitting it.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
But, my friend you are right here chatting with me :)

Because this is reality and not a game. You start with Suppose, so I supposed. In this reality I welcome death as a release. I have no desire to live again. In your game I would just quit after all it is just a game and not real.

chinu

chinu
Because this is reality and not a game. You start with Suppose, so I supposed.
:) Okay.
In this reality I welcome death as a release. I have no desire to live again.
But, I believe death is NOT a release. One always move forward to achieve incomplete desires. And completing incomplete desires is = NEVER quit playing the game. :)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
But, I also said that.. before that firstly you need to quit this current game.

When quit -- pption is already taken.

You are assuming a lot in your supposition. For example

I believe that as soon as one quit playing -- one will find him/herself in God's world.

Suppose god is a supposition and you have spent your life in a game for nothing?

Suppose people are born out of your game and are coerced into it by parents and peers. Should they bot be allowed back out without forefit?

Suppose people don't want to play your game and pull the plug.

Its good doing "suppose" but you need to suppose for everyone, not just yourself.

p.s. sorry for the delete versions of this post. My tablet thought half the screen was the post key. Did a reset, seems ok now

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
:) Okay.

But, I believe death is NOT a release. One always move forward to achieve incomplete desires. And completing incomplete desires is = NEVER quit playing the game. :)

You are entitled to your opinion. I guess in your world, you could say I have no desires I wish/need/want to complete.

chinu

chinu
You are entitled to your opinion. I guess in your world, you could say I have no desires I wish/need/want to complete.
Come on friend. Nobody can live WITHOUT desires. Desires gives us reason to live. life without desires is NO life at all. Do you live like this ?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Quitting the game is like.. lights-on -- you fed-up playing a lot and stopped playing. That's where you find God :)

Sounds like giving up. Find god here. Experience him here. The game, the rough and the positives, will take on a different view. Pain and pleasure would be accepted. Hopefully, the cliche of learning from painful experiences will have some meaning. Die with a smile-no regrets, a beautiful scenery, loved ones, and a christmas tree.

chinu

chinu
Sounds like giving up. Find god here. Experience him here. The game, the rough and the positives, will take on a different view. Pain and pleasure would be accepted. Hopefully, the cliche of learning from painful experiences will have some meaning. Die with a smile-no regrets, a beautiful scenery, loved ones, and a christmas tree.
So, as OP says.. you love playing -- your'e so busy in playing -- that you have NO time left to think about that.

Enjoy! :)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
So, as OP says.. you love playing -- your'e so busy in playing -- that you have NO time left to think about that.

Enjoy! :)

It's how you spend your time being busy is the key. Busy could be how you use your day to continue to experience god until lights out. It's a shift of mind and body perspective. It affects what you do but doesn't make you quit.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Come on friend. Nobody can live WITHOUT desires. Desires gives us reason to live. life without desires is NO life at all. Do you live like this ?

Yes, but I would say I continue. My reason for living is that I won't kill myself and haven't died yet. My reason for everything else including this reply is to just fill the time.

chinu

chinu
Yes, but I would say I continue. My reason for living is that I won't kill myself and haven't died yet. My reason for everything else including this reply is to just fill the time.
Sometimes filling the time is = waiting for something. Isn't this also the case ? :)

chinu

chinu
Or not started playing in the first place but hey, your game, your rules

Now, that we started playing we all are in, by default.
Now, there's NO option other than quitting. But hey, can you give me some ideas creating some new rules -- that could make us quit ?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Now, that we started playing we all are in, by default.
Now, there's NO option other than quitting. But hey, can you give me some ideas creating some new rules -- that could make us quit ?

In your world, in my world im not playing and taking my ball home