• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Recognize We're in a Time of Wickedness?

Do You Recognize We're in a Time of Wickedness?

• Yes

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • No

Votes: 35 66.0%
  • Other...?

Votes: 8 15.1%

• Total voters

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We all comprehend wickedness in different ways; to the shoal of fish the swan has just eaten from it is wicked.

Thus since it is a subjective answer included all religions, and left it open to a personal interpretation...

Especially as Daniel 12:10 says, 'that the wicked will not understand'.

In my opinion. :innocent:
And not just the wicked.

But there's still the problem of wickedness going extinct. Maybe the Wickedists need an action committee.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Your confirmation bias is conflicting with my confirmation bias and creating a cognitive dissonance for me that I have no idea that is actually going on because I am totally swept along by what ever pops up in front of me at the moment thus I have to say....... their is no empirical proof to what you say. Since media is empirically verifiable, measurable, testable, repeatable, it's pure science as long as one watches the correct media.

I just couldn't resist writing a huge sentence and a experience a brief moment of lunacy or normalcy as I call it.

Eh, it's all what you chose to see, man. :D

Glass half-full and all. It's why I don't buy into the identity politics or mental gymnastics as I prefer to call it. If you feel the whole world is out to slight you for some reason, how then can you ever be anything but sad or angry? It's pretty much the same if you give all the attention to the bad stuff at the expense of the good.

reapersweep

Aren we not always in a time of wickedness? Even when it looks like things are improving here there is always someplace else where things are getting worse. Wickedness is a natural part of the world so the world will always be in the state in some form or another.

David T

Premium Member
Eh, it's all what you chose to see, man. :D

Glass half-full and all. It's why I don't buy into the identity politics or mental gymnastics as I prefer to call it. If you feel the whole world is out to slight you for some reason, how then can you ever be anything but sad or angry? It's pretty much the same if you give all the attention to the bad stuff at the expense of the good.
Well that's not normal! What's wrong with you.. weirdo. Lol as a left-hand guitar playing (badly) music loving nut I have to say, you just said what dylan said in 1965" it's alright ma. " thus all I can say is... well put.

A Vestigial Mote

No human is as evil as the Biblical god character.
Right so now you've got power to create reality for us, and you'd do such a better job, with no one applying anything negative to you, as you're more perfect than God. :confused:
@wizanda - Why did you twist this poster's statements around to being about thinking himself better than God in all ways? This is very dishonorable of you.

Even if the God of The Bible were the creator of it all, and had that power, it wouldn't make His recorded activity any less atrocious from a human perspective. And yes, when contrasted to the "standard" set by God, I would say that a great many people adhere to a stricter set of morals than God did. Unless God is simply unbound by a human-based morality system (meaning a system in which "good" is defined as what is good for humanity). But if that is the case, and God is not bound to treat humanity well (an idea actually supported by His activity described in The Bible) then, as a human yourself... why adore or praise Him?

Last edited:

QuestioningMind

You say ( Today we understand that it is wrong to commit genocide on a native people.
Today nations around the world vocally condemn the practice of slavery )

But yet planned Parenthood kills more black babies more than any other babies.
If that is not genocide against people, you tell me what is ?

But yet in alot of Muslim countries they still have black people as slaves.
If that's not having people in slavery maybe you can explain what your definition of what slavery is ?

You said ( that in most Countries women are affored the same rights as men)

Well maybe you should let those Muslim Countries know this, all the while women in these Countries are treated worse than dogs.

It seems you talk about things, but yet everything that you talk about are not better, but worse than people really realize they are.

Look what about back after the election, where people were going out destroying other peoples property and burning people's places of business. And destroying burning colleges campuses.
What about people attacking other people just because on how they voted.

I don't see you saying or bringing any of these things up.

And you want to talk how things are better, when these very things are still going on.
What's up with all that.

Maybe you need to come down and face the reality of the real world.
Go Figure?

It appears that you have difficulty with reading comprehension. At no point did I claim that today there is NO wickedness in the world, only that today there is LESS wickedness. Yes, you can point out a handful of nations in the world today where slavery is still accepted. Of course that doesn't change the fact that 200 years ago virtually every nation on the planet accepted slavery as being perfectly okay. This means that this wicked practice is LESS acceptable and widespread as it used to be.

And YES, women are STILL treated badly in many Muslim nations and its a very wicked practice. But of course, not too long ago EVERY nation on the planet treated women like chattel. So today this wicked practice is LESS acceptable that it used to be.

"And you want to talk how things are better, when these very things are still going on.
What's up with all that."

So sad that you don't comprehend the meaning of words. If a bad thing is BETTER, it doesn't mean that the bad thing no longer exists, just that it's not as prevalent as it once was. You see, it's BETTER to have the majority of nations on earth condemning slavery than it is to have the majority of nations of earth condoning slavery. Doesn't mean that the wicked practice of slavery no longer exists, but that there is LESS of this wicked practice taking place than there used to be.

Faithofchristian

So you're saying having a reasoned discussion with an unbeliever is beyond you? Even Yahweh is said to have said, 'Come, let us reason together.'

Or was he just pretending?

when Yahweh said "Come, let us reason together" he was speaking to the believers of Israel.

If you had started at the beginning of Chapter 1, then you would have found Yahweh, speaking to those believers of Israel.As to how Israel was doing the sacrifices.

Faithofchristian

It appears that you have difficulty with reading comprehension. At no point did I claim that today there is NO wickedness in the world, only that today there is LESS wickedness. Yes, you can point out a handful of nations in the world today where slavery is still accepted. Of course that doesn't change the fact that 200 years ago virtually every nation on the planet accepted slavery as being perfectly okay. This means that this wicked practice is LESS acceptable and widespread as it used to be.

And YES, women are STILL treated badly in many Muslim nations and its a very wicked practice. But of course, not too long ago EVERY nation on the planet treated women like chattel. So today this wicked practice is LESS acceptable that it used to be.

"And you want to talk how things are better, when these very things are still going on.
What's up with all that."

So sad that you don't comprehend the meaning of words. If a bad thing is BETTER, it doesn't mean that the bad thing no longer exists, just that it's not as prevalent as it once was. You see, it's BETTER to have the majority of nations on earth condemning slavery than it is to have the majority of nations of earth condoning slavery. Doesn't mean that the wicked practice of slavery no longer exists, but that there is LESS of this wicked practice taking place than there used to be.

Just because a bad thing still exists, doesn't mean it's any better, than what it was 200 or more years ago. It's still slavery.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
when Yahweh said "Come, let us reason together" he was speaking to the believers of Israel.
If you had started at the beginning of Chapter 1, then you would have found Yahweh, speaking to those believers of Israel.As to how Israel was doing the sacrifices.

I can agree that God was speaking to ancient Israel because that was the only nation that God was dealing with.
However, in the Bigger Picture Isaiah 1:18-19 can apply to everyone in now setting matters straight with God.
It would be now possible to reason together and to change because Isaiah 2:2-4 includes our time of our last days of badness on Earth as described at 2 Timothy 3:1-5,13; Romans 1:16, 29-32.
'Being willing and obedient' (Isaiah 1:19) would now include Jesus' instruction of Matthew 24:14 to tell others about the good news of God's kingdom of Daniel 2:44, and later 'eat the good of the land' as brought out at Micah 4:3-4 because as Jesus promised that the humble meek people will inherit the Earth.

Faithofchristian

Yes, it's still slavery. But it's BETTER to have just a few nations practicing this evil act that to have all nations practicing this evil act. You do comprehend that, right?

No matter how you want to cut it, it's still slavery, whether it's a few or all nations, it's still slavery. And those Nations which do not have slavery, If they do not have slavery, then why are they not denouncing slavery. If they are not denouncing slavery, are they going along with slavery.

So how many of those nations that don't have slavery, are denouncing those nations who have slavery ?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Not a time of wickedness.
Just people doing what people always do.

Seems to me wickedness is now on a more grand global international scale especially since World War I making peace an urgent topic.
World War II added the nuclear threat for the wicked to use, and now new concerns about wicked terrorism, political upheaval and growing civil unrest.
So, as 2 Timothy 3:13 brings to our attention that the bad ones will be going from bad to worse.
Perhaps in the past ' people doing what people always do ' was because the opportunity was not there for them.
Never before have we seen such vast military spending and yet the 'powers that be' can't solve anything.
Mankind's history proves that the self-seeking nations are governed by self-interest, a self-agenda.
So, the root cause is their wickedness, and their greediness is showing they can't successfully govern themselves.
So, if it were 'Not a time of wickedness' then mankind would Not have their doom-and-gloom Doom's Day Clock set with its hands set close to striking the dark midnight nuclear hour.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Yes, it's still slavery. But it's BETTER to have just a few nations practicing this evil act that to have all nations practicing this evil act................

Any comments about the growing sex-trafficking, because such trafficking even goes on in small U.S. towns.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Seems to me wickedness is now on a more grand global international scale especially since World War I making peace an urgent topic.
World War II added the nuclear threat for the wicked to use, and now new concerns about wicked terrorism, political upheaval and growing civil unrest.
So, as 2 Timothy 3:13 brings to our attention that the bad ones will be going from bad to worse.
Perhaps in the past ' people doing what people always do ' was because the opportunity was not there for them.
Never before have we seen such vast military spending and yet the 'powers that be' can't solve anything.
Mankind's history proves that the self-seeking nations are governed by self-interest, a self-agenda.
So, the root cause is their wickedness, and their greediness is showing they can't successfully govern themselves.
So, if it were 'Not a time of wickedness' then mankind would Not have their doom-and-gloom Doom's Day Clock set with its hands set close to striking the dark midnight nuclear hour.
Mankind's natural tendencies are omnipresent.
Only the flavors of wickedness change over time.
But I will say I like modern times more than the middle ages.

Faithofchristian

I can agree that God was speaking to ancient Israel because that was the only nation that God was dealing with.
However, in the Bigger Picture Isaiah 1:18-19 can apply to everyone in now setting matters straight with God.
It would be now possible to reason together and to change because Isaiah 2:2-4 includes our time of our last days of badness on Earth as described at 2 Timothy 3:1-5,13; Romans 1:16, 29-32.
'Being willing and obedient' (Isaiah 1:19) would now include Jesus' instruction of Matthew 24:14 to tell others about the good news of God's kingdom of Daniel 2:44, and later 'eat the good of the land' as brought out at Micah 4:3-4 because as Jesus promised that the humble meek people will inherit the Earth.

Well first you would to explain how exactly
Isaiah 1:18,19 can apply to everyone.
When it applys to the Sacrifices that Israel was doing,
Unless you believe those sacrifices are still being done by Everyone to day.

That of 2 Timothy 3:1-5,13, and
Romans 1:16, 29-32, is all about the end times.
Do you understand what Jesus was referring to in Matthew 24:14. Have you any idea or clue when this all takes place and by who ?

Have you any idea or clue what Jesus is taking about in Matthew 24:19--"Woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days"

Have you any idea or clue when this all takes place and it means them that are with child and what it means to them that give suck in those days.

You probably think it all means a woman with child, and giving the child breast feeding. Are you absolutely positively sure about this ?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Mankind's natural tendencies are omnipresent.
Only the flavors of wickedness change over time.
But I will say I like modern times more than the middle ages.

When you say middle ages, do you have in mind the dark middle ages when the so-called ' church ' was in power.
I think it was during those middle ages that people were ' burned at the stake ' for religious beliefs.
Those dark ages could Not ban nor stop the spreading of the gospel good news and that is also true today.
So, whether modern times are better than than the middle ages it still places us in these ' last days of badness on Earth ' before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
When you say middle ages, do you have in mind the dark middle ages when the so-called ' church ' was in power.
I think it was during those middle ages that people were ' burned at the stake ' for religious beliefs.
Those dark ages could Not ban nor stop the spreading of the gospel good news and that is also true today.
So, whether modern times are better than than the middle ages it still places us in these ' last days of badness on Earth ' before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.
It's just a personal preference.
Today in the west is generally a better time & place to be.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Well first you would to explain how exactly
Isaiah 1:18,19 can apply to everyone.
When it applys to the Sacrifices that Israel was doing,
Unless you believe those sacrifices are still being done by Everyone to day.
That of 2 Timothy 3:1-5,13, and
Romans 1:16, 29-32, is all about the end times.
Do you understand what Jesus was referring to in Matthew 24:14. Have you any idea or clue when this all takes place and by who ?
Have you any idea or clue what Jesus is taking about in Matthew 24:19--"Woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days"
Have you any idea or clue when this all takes place and it means them that are with child and what it means to them that give suck in those days.
You probably think it all means a woman with child, and giving the child breast feeding. Are you absolutely positively sure about this ?

Applies to everyone today because today scarlet sins, ones crimson's sins can also be white as snow and wool.
Being 'willing and obedient' is also a matter that applies today. Sure we are Not under the temporary Constitution of the Mosaic Law, but Jesus' New commandment of John 13:34-35 applies in connection to worship.
The Christian sacrifice of Matthew 24:14 involves being 'willing and obedient '.

I agree that 2nd Timothy chapter 3 and Romans chapter 1 is all about the end times of badness on Earth.
Jesus was referring to God's kingdom of Daniel 2:44 at Matthew 24:14, and that takes place now and by Christians.

In chapter 24 of Matthew there are 'both' a minor and a MAJOR fulfillment.
The minor fulfillment of verse 19 was fulfilled when the Roman armies destroyed Jerusalem in the year 70.
The MAJOR fufillment of Matthew 24:21 is in connection to the great tribulation of Revelation 7:14.

We are nearing the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth of Matthew 25:31-33,37,40.