• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Recognize We're in a Time of Wickedness?

Do You Recognize We're in a Time of Wickedness?

• Yes

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • No

Votes: 35 66.0%
  • Other...?

Votes: 8 15.1%

• Total voters

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
According to multiple religious texts, there will be a time of wickedness, where the ungodly will not notice they're wicked; do you think we're in that time period?

In my opinion. :innocent:

I think the time period between the beginning of WWI and WWII was an outstandingly dark time for humanity. We've come along way since with rise of democracy, less international conflict, greater propserity overall, men and women more equal, and more international cooperation. Obviously plenty of room for improvement.

I think the way we see ourselves and religion has profoundly changed too.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
According to multiple religious texts, there will be a time of wickedness, where the ungodly will not notice they're wicked; do you think we're in that time period?

I haven't seen anything in comparison to any historical religious inquisitions in these more secular times. Perhaps the time of wickedness was instead when the godly did not notice they were wicked?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I'd rather live now than any time in history. There's still plenty of room to improve, but we've still improved in so many ways over what's come before.

I agree, and it is the recognition of flaws that allows us to improve. People in the future will probably see an even better and fairer world than we do. And it will still be perceived to be flawed. It is when people think that there are no flaws that no progress is made.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
There are many, many problems in the world still, but for most of us life has never been so comfortable, predictable, stable, peaceful, and we've never known tomorrow as a promise like we do today, especially in the West and developed nations around the world. We have concepts for child abuse now, and laws against domestic violence and rape. We have freedoms to believe rather than mandates to observe, we consider education a right rather than a privilege for the elite, and have taken steps to ensure that all are endowed with equal rights and protections. Most of the world has banned slavery, many have taken steps to rehabilitate criminals rather than making them better and life-long career criminals, and though the judicial system isn't perfect it's way better than what he had centuries ago, which were more akin to kangaroo courts, public farces of justice, and literal witch hunts.
In them times we knew it was wicked; now we're quite happy to watch twisted things as entertainment, and some see that as normal...
That's because our entertainment, unlike the Roman Colosseum, except for things like boxing and MMA, aren't real. If we watch people kill someone, it's in a movie/TV show, and no one is really harmed. It's no different than all the bloodshed and violence found throughout the plays of Shakespeare.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
It is another cycle of wickedness, with a lot of technological prosperity. I dont think its more unusual than the past. Wicked people dont realize that they are wicked for sure. That is the times. Religious doctrine has no bering on what it is.

You can see people rationalizing anything as good. "Its all good" was a popular phrase. And no it aint all good.

ajay0

It is true that this is a time of great tamas and ignorance, but I would say that this is also the time where we can gain the greatest spiritual merit compared to earlier times.

The kite rises fast when there is strong resistance of wind against it. When there is little wind, the kite's rise would be slow.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

That is because the majority of them were marketing a false sense of moral superiority so they had to slam the rest of society to show how special and precious they were. It's not like they actually had a point due to the inherent hypocrisy of religiosity. The deeply religious are the last to see their own wickedness and ritual abuse of power.

Last edited:

Faithofchristian

I don't think times are any worse now than they ever were, in some respects they are a lot better. The Bible is not a book that should be relied upon, there is a lot of garbage in it.

That's all because you don't understand nor any knowledge what the Bible is actually about.

To show you how much you don't know about the Bible, As you speak you are fulfilling Prophecy of the bible.

Is wickedness any worse to day, than it was 200 years or more years ago
Everything has a start, To where it comes on gradually to where it's not noticeable.

It's like having a air leak in one of tires on your car, it's not noticeable at first, so your driving, then one day you look and see your tire is losing air, it wasn't noticeable a day ago or a few days ago, But came upon on you without you having any knowledge that your tire was losing air, until one day you look and your tire as slow leak in it, that it takes few days for it to lose air.

Where it wasn't noticeable few days ago.
But it came upon you unaware that your tire has been losing for quite some time.

The same with wickedness, as time goes by,
wickedness comes upon people unaware where people do not even notice that how things are getting worse and worse and -------ect Worse.
People don't realize that for things to happen, it takes a gradually a mount of time, Look where cars are to day, compared to the very first car. Look where air planes are to day, compared to the very first air plane and so on it goes.

Wickedness will never reveal it's self right at first, wickedness will come gradually when no one is aware it's even happing upon them.

Do people really believe that wickedness will put a sign notifying people,
hey I'm here.
So by all means, show as to where in any other time, where a person has walk into a school and took kids lives, as it is happening to day.
So by all means show as to where in any other time, when people went to vote, that they got attacked all because some else didn't like who they voted for.

Look at all the riots of destroying other peoples property and destroying, burning colleges, all because someone else wants to express themselves.differently

There was a time, not to long back, that people would put on their car bumpers who they are voting for, without the fear of someone coming to attack them, as it is to day.
But people will say, hey theres nothing happing to day, that didn't happen a few years ago.
Will people back in the 90s didn't attack people who they voted for, like they do to day. So things are happening to day, then they ever did before.

Faithofchristian

I don't think times are any worse now than they ever were, in some respects they are a lot better. The Bible is not a book that should be relied upon, there is a lot of garbage in it.

That's all because you don't understand nor have any knowledge what the Bible is actually about.

To show you how much you don't know about the Bible, As you speak you are fulfilling Prophecy of the bible.

Is wickedness any worse to day, than it was 200 years or more years ago
Everything has a start, To where it comes on gradually to where it's not noticeable.

It's like having a air leak in one of tires on your car, it's not noticeable at first, so your driving, then one day you look and see your tire is losing air, it wasn't noticeable a day ago or a few days ago, But came upon on you without you having any knowledge that your tire was losing air, until one day you look and your tire as slow leak in it, that it takes few days for it to lose air.

Where it wasn't noticeable few days ago.
But it came upon you unaware that your tire has been losing for quite some time.

The same with wickedness, as time goes by,
wickedness comes upon people unaware where people do not even notice that how things are getting worse and worse
and -------ect Worse.
People don't realize that for things to happen, it takes a gradually a mount of time, Look where cars are to day, compared to the very first car. Look where air planes are to day, compared to the very first air plane and so on it goes.

Wickedness will never reveal it's self right at first, wickedness will come gradually when no one is aware it's even coming upon them.

Do people really believe that wickedness will put a sign notifying people,
hey I'm here.
So by all means, show as to where in any other time, where a person has walk into a school and took kids lives, as it is happening to day.
So by all means show as to where in any other time, when people went to vote, that they got attacked all because some else didn't like who they voted for.

Look at all the riots of destroying other peoples property and destroying, burning colleges, all because someone else wants to express themselves.differently

There was a time, not to long back, that people would put on their car bumpers who they are voting for, without the fear of someone coming to attack them, as it is to day.
But people will say, hey theres no wickedness to day, that didn't happen a few years ago.

Will people back in the 90s didn't attack people who they voted for, like they do to day. So wickedness is more to day,
then it was ever did before.

Last edited:

Pudding

(1) Please specify which exactly religious texts you're referring to.

(2) Please elaborate the precise requirements how a time period qualify to be a time of wickedness.

(3) Please elaborate the precise requirements how a person qualify to be ungodly.

(4) Please elaborate: the ungodly wicked in what exactly ways and manners.

Last edited:

bubbleguppy

Serial Forum Observer
Oh please, we're always in a time of wickedness. I don't need any religious text to tell me people can be dreadful. They already are, all the time, killing each other and torturing each other and all that f'd-up stuff.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Oh please, we're always in a time of wickedness. I don't need any religious text to tell me people can be dreadful. They already are, all the time, killing each other and torturing each other and all that f'd-up stuff.
And all those horrible times where people show selfless kindness to strangers, rush to save others in peril with little concern for their own safety, make people laugh and smile or just sit an listen patiently to someone get worries off their chest.