• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Recognize We're in a Time of Wickedness?

Do You Recognize We're in a Time of Wickedness?

• Yes

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • No

Votes: 35 66.0%
  • Other...?

Votes: 8 15.1%

• Total voters

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
According to multiple religious texts, there will be a time of wickedness, where the ungodly will not notice they're wicked; do you think we're in that time period?

In my opinion. :innocent:
How is wickedness defined, sufficiently for us to identify instances and quantify it?

Who surveys for, and records, instances of wickedness?

Do all instances of wickedness score equally, or are they weighted in some manner? What are the particulars?

For example, is it as wicked for a Republican to murder a Democrat as to murder another Republican?

Are we talking about world-wide wickedness? Or only First World Wickedness? Or only the wickedness of North America and Europe? What's the zone?

Do we have data to make meaningful comparisons? Where are the wickedness records for 17th century China and 17th century Western Europe, so we can determine the wickeder?

If we can clarify these points, then we could maybe arrive at a reasonable answer to your question, so I look forward to your reply.

Pudding

This question was left open, so that the people in the thread show what they define it as... Was wondering what people thought; not what i instruct them to understand.

According to multiple religious texts, there will be a time of wickedness, where the ungodly will not notice they're wicked; do you think we're in that time period?

Thanks for clarify.

I do not believe in any religious texts nor do i know the full details about the standards which any religious texts set up to identify their versions of "time of wickedness" nor the existence of their versions of ungodly towards any gods and Gods. I do not recognize we're in any religious texts' versions of "time of wickedness" since i don't have belief in any of them.

I never thought about the complete details about how my own's secular version of "time of wickedness" would look like, i doesn't have interest to think about it.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This question was left open, so that the people in the thread show what they define it as... Was wondering what people thought; not what i instruct them to understand.

So the question really means, What is your anxiety level. then?

Faithofchristian

Absolutely not. In fact we're less wicked today than ever before in history. Today we understand that it is wrong to commit genocide on a native people. Today nations around the world vocally condemn the practice of slavery. Today in most countries women are afforded the same rights as men. Today we understand that EVERYONE is entitled to basic human rights.

Now in the PAST people seemed to accept such wicked practices as being perfectly okay. Wiping out an inferior race was fine, slavery was considered normal, and virtually every society was misogynistic. How anyone can conclude that we're MORE wicked today than in the past is completely beyond me. As if allowing two people of the same sex to enter into a secular marriage is somehow WORSE than allowing people to own other people as property.

You say ( Today we understand that it is wrong to commit genocide on a native people.
Today nations around the world vocally condemn the practice of slavery )

But yet planned Parenthood kills more black babies more than any other babies.
If that is not genocide against people, you tell me what is ?

But yet in alot of Muslim countries they still have black people as slaves.
If that's not having people in slavery maybe you can explain what your definition of what slavery is ?

You said ( that in most Countries women are affored the same rights as men)

Well maybe you should let those Muslim Countries know this, all the while women in these Countries are treated worse than dogs.

It seems you talk about things, but yet everything that you talk about are not better, but worse than people really realize they are.

Look what about back after the election, where people were going out destroying other peoples property and burning people's places of business. And destroying burning colleges campuses.
What about people attacking other people just because on how they voted.

I don't see you saying or bringing any of these things up.

And you want to talk how things are better, when these very things are still going on.
What's up with all that.

Maybe you need to come down and face the reality of the real world.
Go Figure?

Last edited:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
You say ( Today we understand that it is wrong to commit genocide on a native people.
Today nations around the world vocally condemn the practice of slavery )

But yet planned Parenthood kills more black babies more than any other babies.
If that is not genocide against people, you tell me what is ?

But yet in alot of Muslim countries they still have black people as slaves.
If that's not having people in slavery maybe you can explain what your definition of what slavery is ?

You said ( that in most Countries women are affored the same rights as men)

Well maybe you should let those Muslim Countries know this, all the while women in these Countries are treated worse than dogs.

It seems you talk about things, but yet everything that you talk about are not better, but worse than people really realize they are.

Look what about back after the election, where people were going out destroying other peoples property and burning people's places of business. And destroying burning colleges campuses.
What about people attacking other people just because on how they voted.

I don't see you saying or bringing any of these things up.

And you want to talk how things are better, when these very things are still going on.

Maybe you need to come down and face the reality of the real world.

You might have a point about Islam being a problem area for abuse occurring - as in female rights, FGM, child marriage (even if illegal), and which is mostly cultural, but other religions in the past have hardly been much better. Apart from these areas though, we are generally better off without question. As often asked - would you prefer to live in an earlier time?

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
So the question really means, What is your anxiety level. then?
More our comprehension levels....Though someone who is over anxious clearly might exaggerate the wickedness results.

Faithofchristian

You might have a point about Islam being a problem area for abuse occurring - as in female rights, FGM, child marriage (even if illegal), and which is mostly cultural, but other religions in the past have hardly been much better. Apart from these areas though, we are generally better off without question. As often asked - would you prefer to live in an earlier time?

Nope, I like living in these times.
And you might ask why ?
Because to witness to see all these things happening.
And then see how all these things line up to the last days of earth history in Bible Prophecy. Which is amazing just how much people are not aware where they stand at being in the end of this world age is at.
Which alot of Prophecy that is given in the Bible are now coming to fulfillment,
Which people are not even aware of. Now that's Amazing.

Last edited:

JJ50

And you might ask why ?
And then see how all these things line up to the last days of earth history in the Bible. Which is amazing just how much people are not aware where they stand at being the end of this world is at.
Which alot of Prophecy that is given in the Bible are now coming to fulfillment,

Only in the imagination of some!

David T

Premium Member
To believe you are in any more wicked time than another is simply re-affirming ones own confirmation biases. There has never been a time where wickedness wasn't tempered with equal acts of good, but you'd not know it by modern media portrayals. :D
Your confirmation bias is conflicting with my confirmation bias and creating a cognitive dissonance for me that I have no idea that is actually going on because I am totally swept along by what ever pops up in front of me at the moment thus I have to say....... their is no empirical proof to what you say. Since media is empirically verifiable, measurable, testable, repeatable, it's pure science as long as one watches the correct media.

I just couldn't resist writing a huge sentence and a experience a brief moment of lunacy or normalcy as I call it.

JJ50

As I said, its amazing how people like yourself have no clue or idea where you stand at in the end of this world age stands at.

People have been predicting the end of the world since the time Jesus was strutting his stuff. Even that guy thought it would happen in the life time of his disciples. If Christianity is a religion 2000 years hence, no doubt some will still be predicting it!:rolleyes:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
And you might ask why ?
And then see how all these things line up to the last days of earth history in Prophecy in the Bible. Which is amazing just how much people are not aware where they stand at being in the end of this world age is at.

Yeah, plenty of non-believers about, and increasing too apparently - where they get a choice, that is. :rolleyes:

Faithofchristian

People have been predicting the end of the world since the time Jesus was strutting his stuff. Even that guy thought it would happen in the life time of his disciples. If Christianity is a religion 2000 years hence, no doubt some will still be predicting it!:rolleyes:

Jesus never said nor did his disciples thought it would happen in their life time.

I am not predicting nothing, I said people like yourself has no clue or idea as to where you stand at in the last days of the history of this world age.
And you just proved the point. That you haven't a clue or idea where you stand at.
When people said the end of this world, They we're pointing ahead, which you proved you have no knowledge of.

The end of this world age is upon us, had you any idea or clue, unto which you have no clue or idea about.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
More our comprehension levels....Though someone who is over anxious clearly might exaggerate the wickedness results.

But how can we hope to comprehend without a clear concept of wickedness, and centuries of credible data?

And if, as is probably the case, Mr Pinker (The Better Angels of our Nature) is to be believed, the world is steadily getting safer and safer, at least on a per capita basis.

Which may mean that wickedness is endangered, facing extinction because of human activity, and will need to be protected ─ taught in schools lest it die out, that sort of thing.

Faithofchristian

Yeah, plenty of non-believers about, and increasing too apparently - where they get a choice, that is. :rolleyes:

Yes, if the Unbelievers only knew where they stand in bible Prophecy. How in each time they go critizing what they have no understanding or knowledge about, That they are themselves fulfilling Bible Prophecy.

Christ Jesus given how people in these last days, would come critizing what they have no clue or idea about.
And to see them fulfilling the very words of Christ Jesus spoke.
That's what's amazing.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes, if the Unbelievers only knew where they stand in bible Prophecy. How in each time they go critizing what they have no understanding or knowledge about, That they are themselves fulfilling Bible Prophecy.
That's what's amazing.
What do you think I don't understand, exactly? I am, as ever, happy to have a reasoned discussion of these matters.

For example, what's an example of 'prophecy' that isn't better explained by its being obvious, or becoming someone's useful political slogan (like the reinvention of Israel) or by retro-adjusting the text? Do you have even one example of a prophecy that could stand up to critical scrutiny, so well attested as to its precise terms at the time of its making, so remote, obscure, unlikely and detailed in its content, and so credibly reported at its fulfillment, that it would compel an onlooker to consider whether supernatural foresight was involved?

If so, I'm all ears. If not, well ...

Faithofchristian

What do you think I don't understand, exactly? I am, as ever, happy to have a reasoned discussion of these matters.

For example, what's an example of 'prophecy' that isn't better explained by its being obvious, or becoming someone's useful political slogan (like the reinvention of Israel) or by retro-adjusting the text? Do you have even one example of a prophecy that could stand up to critical scrutiny, so well attested as to its precise terms at the time of its making, so remote, obscure, unlikely and detailed in its content, and so credibly reported at its fulfillment, that it would compel an onlooker to consider whether supernatural foresight was involved?

If so, I'm all ears. If not, well ...

There's nothing to explain, Since you just admitted yourself as being unbeliever.
Your evidence in it's self. Bible Prophecy being fulfilled as you speak.

It would be useless to even try to explain to you on or about things you do not believe in.

Your like a small child that does not understand math, In trying to explain to them how 2+2= 4.

Therefore trying to explain to you when you already showed yourself critizing what you have no knowledge about. is just useless.

Last edited:

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
But how can we hope to comprehend without a clear concept of wickedness, and centuries of credible data?
We all comprehend wickedness in different ways; to the shoal of fish the swan has just eaten from it is wicked.

Thus since it is a subjective answer included all religions, and left it open to a personal interpretation...

Especially as Daniel 12:10 says, 'that the wicked will not understand'.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There's nothing to explain, Since you just admitted yourself as being unbeliever.
Your evidence in it's self. Bible Prophecy being fulfilled as you speak.
So you're saying having a reasoned discussion with an unbeliever is beyond you? Even Yahweh is said to have said, 'Come, let us reason together.'

Or was he just pretending?