• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Recognize We're in a Time of Wickedness?

Do You Recognize We're in a Time of Wickedness?

• Yes

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • No

Votes: 35 66.0%
  • Other...?

Votes: 8 15.1%

• Total voters

Srivijaya

In them times we knew it was wicked; now we're quite happy to watch twisted things as entertainment, and some see that as normal...
In "them times" we weren't around but the Roman audience didn't see anything wrong with it. After all, they'd been told that Christians married their brothers and sisters and practiced cannibalism. Pass the popcorn.

Aldrnari

Is wickedness any worse to day, than it was 200 years or more years ago
Everything has a start, To where it comes on gradually to where it's not noticeable.

Well, let's think about this. Two hundred years ago women had no rights, slavery was in full swing, and native Americans were being subjugated via the worst kinds of genocide and violence this nation has ever seen (the trail of tears would happen a few decades later), and that's just three issues in the USA. Would you like living in those days, or now?

It's like having a air leak in one of tires on your car, it's not noticeable at first, so your driving, then one day you look and see your tire is losing air, it wasn't noticeable a day ago or a few days ago, But came upon on you without you having any knowledge that your tire was losing air, until one day you look and your tire as slow leak in it, that it takes few days for it to lose air.

Where it wasn't noticeable few days ago.
But it came upon you unaware that your tire has been losing for quite some time.

The same with wickedness, as time goes by,
wickedness comes upon people unaware where people do not even notice that how things are getting worse and worse
and -------ect Worse.

Alrighty. I gave you 3 examples of how things were worse back then. Could you give me 3 examples of how things are worse now than they were 200 years ago?

People don't realize that for things to happen, it takes a gradually a mount of time, Look where cars are to day, compared to the very first car. Look where air planes are to day, compared to the very first air plane and so on it goes.

But... Planes and cars are better now than they've ever been in the past... o_O

Wickedness will never reveal it's self right at first, wickedness will come gradually when no one is aware it's even coming upon them.

Do people really believe that wickedness will put a sign notifying people,
hey I'm here.

Well, yes, actually. You know that during the time people were enslaved in the US, there were people who were against such a thing? They were called abolitionists. They could see it was wrong then, and likewise, we can still see our own problems today, no? People are more observant than you give them credit for.

So by all means, show as to where in any other time, where a person has walk into a school and took kids lives, as it is happening to day.

The school shootings we see lately are truly terrible... Can I ask, though, why there are no mass shootings in Scandinavian schools? Canadian? Hell, I can't think of any other first world country that deals with school shootings like we do. I think this might be a sign that action needs to be taken here in the US, rather than a sign on days of wickedness growing for everyone else though, no?

So by all means show as to where in any other time, when people went to vote, that they got attacked all because some else didn't like who they voted for.

Well, there was that time when people weren't even legally allowed to vote because they were women or slaves. Then there was the time people were supposedly free citizens allowed to vote after the civil war, but southern states blocked african americans from that right. Then there was the time the KKK was actively patrolling the streets and looking for african american folks to intimidate, beat, and lynch if they were caught trying to walk to the courthouses to vote. I could go on and on, honestly...

Quick question, though. Have any of these things happened to you? Are you afraid for your life when you go to vote?

Look at all the riots of destroying other peoples property and destroying, burning colleges, all because someone else wants to express themselves.differently

Hmmm... Riots are never a good thing. Are riots any more out of control now than they've been in the past, though? Not at all. The last big riot we've had with a death (Charlottesville) had one casualty. Regrettable, but there have been riots in the past with casualties ranging to the thousands... The New York City riot of 1863 comes to mind.

There was a time, not to long back, that people would put on their car bumpers who they are voting for, without the fear of someone coming to attack them, as it is to day.

True that partisan zeal has been getting out of control in the US lately. I wish more people acted reasonable in this regard, and maybe tried to find more middle ground. That said, I've never seen or known anyone who has been target even with commentary for their Trump bumper stickers (l live in a blue state), and in my day to day life (such as at work) people have freely expressed their opinions on political issues and things have stayed very civil.

Has anyone given you a hard time for your political views in your day to day life lately? I'm genuinely curious.

But people will say, hey theres no wickedness to day, that didn't happen a few years ago.

Will people back in the 90s didn't attack people who they voted for, like they do to day. So wickedness is more to day,
then it was ever did before.

It seems like some kind of epidemic the way you describe it. Do you think trump voters are being targeted more than other groups of people?

Hell, you should really look at the history of the gay pride parade and see why people even do it in the first place. People are STILL being attacked and killed for being gay or especially for being transgendered in this day and age, even if it's a lot less than it used to be. Times are changing for the better, one step at a time, imo (even if some of those steps are two steps backwards).

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
According to multiple religious texts, there will be a time of wickedness, where the ungodly will not notice they're wicked; do you think we're in that time period?

In my opinion. :innocent:
In my opinion Buddhism teaches us that this is a tough question. Like individually, society faces demons and falls and progresses together. Sometimes we're up, sometimes we're down. It's like a stock market. So it's hard to say.

But I think Raelism teaches that we have to move up quickly in the last times because everything can be so dangerous.

Skwim

Veteran Member
According to multiple religious texts, there will be a time of wickedness, where the ungodly will not notice they're wicked; do you think we're in that time period?

In as much as I have never known a wicked ungodly person there's nothing to un-notice

Last edited:

QuestioningMind

Absolutely not. In fact we're less wicked today than ever before in history. Today we understand that it is wrong to commit genocide on a native people. Today nations around the world vocally condemn the practice of slavery. Today in most countries women are afforded the same rights as men. Today we understand that EVERYONE is entitled to basic human rights.

Now in the PAST people seemed to accept such wicked practices as being perfectly okay. Wiping out an inferior race was fine, slavery was considered normal, and virtually every society was misogynistic. How anyone can conclude that we're MORE wicked today than in the past is completely beyond me. As if allowing two people of the same sex to enter into a secular marriage is somehow WORSE than allowing people to own other people as property.

Milton Platt

Name a time in human history when there was no wickedness. Take your time, we'll wait......

Last edited:

leibowde84

Veteran Member

No. Not even close. We are in far better shape as a species than we were say 75 years ago, especially in the West.

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic

There have always been wicked people, and the definition of wicked is holding other's rights to life, liberty, property and self-defense to be subservient or non-existent relative to theirs. A moral legal double standard is the root of ALL evil. We are not created equal, at all, we are all different. But we are ALL created with EQUAL rights.

Not my opinion.

Faithofchristian

Well, let's think about this. Two hundred years ago women had no rights, slavery was in full swing, and native Americans were being subjugated via the worst kinds of genocide and violence this nation has ever seen (the trail of tears would happen a few decades later), and that's just three issues in the USA. Would you like living in those days, or now?

Alrighty. I gave you 3 examples of how things were worse back then. Could you give me 3 examples of how things are worse now than they were 200 years ago?

But... Planes and cars are better now than they've ever been in the past... o_O

Well, yes, actually. You know that during the time people were enslaved in the US, there were people who were against such a thing? They were called abolitionists. They could see it was wrong then, and likewise, we can still see our own problems today, no? People are more observant than you give them credit for.

The school shootings we see lately are truly terrible... Can I ask, though, why there are no mass shootings in Scandinavian schools? Canadian? Hell, I can't think of any other first world country that deals with school shootings like we do. I think this might be a sign that action needs to be taken here in the US, rather than a sign on days of wickedness growing for everyone else though, no?

Well, there was that time when people weren't even legally allowed to vote because they were women or slaves. Then there was the time people were supposedly free citizens allowed to vote after the civil war, but southern states blocked african americans from that right. Then there was the time the KKK was actively patrolling the streets and looking for african american folks to intimidate, beat, and lynch if they were caught trying to walk to the courthouses to vote. I could go on and on, honestly...

Quick question, though. Have any of these things happened to you? Are you afraid for your life when you go to vote?

Hmmm... Riots are never a good thing. Are riots any more out of control now than they've been in the past, though? Not at all. The last big riot we've had with a death (Charlottesville) had one casualty. Regrettable, but there have been riots in the past with casualties ranging to the thousands... The New York City riot of 1863 comes to mind.

True that partisan zeal has been getting out of control in the US lately. I wish more people acted reasonable in this regard, and maybe tried to find more middle ground. That said, I've never seen or known anyone who has been target even with commentary for their Trump bumper stickers (l live in a blue state), and in my day to day life (such as at work) people have freely expressed their opinions on political issues and things have stayed very civil.

Has anyone given you a hard time for your political views in your day to day life lately? I'm genuinely curious.

It seems like some kind of epidemic the way you describe it. Do you think trump voters are being targeted more than other groups of people?

Hell, you should really look at the history of the gay pride parade and see why people even do it in the first place. People are STILL being attacked and killed for being gay or especially for being transgendered in this day and age, even if it's a lot less than it used to be. Times are changing for the better, one step at a time, imo (even if some of those steps are two steps backwards).

Times are not changing for the better, there getting worse as the years go by.

When people start seeing good as bad and bad is good. Then a person knows things are getting worse.
But then people to day can't seem to tell the difference between what is good and what is bad.

bubbleguppy

Serial Forum Observer
And all those horrible times where people show selfless kindness to strangers, rush to save others in peril with little concern for their own safety, make people laugh and smile or just sit an listen patiently to someone get worries off their chest.
Well no shiitake mushrooms Sherlock, that happens too. Every era of human history is a mixed bag of good, bad, and in-between events happening all at once. Just because I happened to emphasize one aspect in my last message doesn't mean I'm oblivious to everything else.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Well no shiitake mushrooms Sherlock, that happens too. Every era of human history is a mixed bag of good, bad, and in-between events happening all at once. Just because I happened to emphasize one aspect in my last message doesn't mean I'm oblivious to everything else.
I am more or less in agreement. It's just low hanging fruit to fixate on one aspect of human behavior at the expense of others. It really tells us nothing beyond a simplistic narrative.

Faithofchristian

America still practiced slavery 200 years ago.

Whether you know it or not, America is not the only country in the world that ever had slavery, every person in this world at one time or another, their ancestors were slaves at one time.

You know the first person to have slaves in America was a black man by the name of Anthony Johnson who lived back in
1600-70, was a black man who was the first to have black slaves in the United States.

You can check this out by putting in your search engine Anthony Johnson first black slave owner

And you know what people are still being in slavery even to day in our world.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Whether you know it or not, America is the only country in the world that ever had slavery, every person in this world at one time or another, their ancestors were slaves at one time.

You know the first person to have slaves in America was a black man by the name of Anthony Johnson who lived back in
1600-70, was a black man who was the first to have black slaves in the United States.

You can check this out by putting in your search engine Anthony Johnson first black slave owner

And you know what people are still being in slavery even to day in our world.
So? 200 years ago America still practiced it. We are definitely better off without, and with the Civil Rights Act.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
If we watch people kill someone, it's in a movie/TV show, and no one is really harmed.
To be fair, there's tons of real videos of people being killed (murders, executions, accidents, etc.) and it's not uncommon for people to watch them as a form of entertainment. So we haven't changed much in that regard.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I voted yes due to our unprecedented destruction of the environment and other species, our ridiculous population growth, unchecked capitalism, privatisation and the growing gap between rich and poor (the rich better watch their heads because this never ends up well for them), rising social and political fragmentation (especially in the West), rising authoritarianism (at least in the US), apathy, the fact that we have more slaves now than at any other point in history, etc.

Last edited:

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
No. I do not believe we are in a time of wickedness as I believe people are basically good but ignorant.

A time of ignorance yes. A time of lack of spiritually and overemphasis on materialism yes.

But through technologies like the internet people are becoming more and more informed about reality and truth, people are maturing and the world is headed to a good place where people will all get along and live in peace.

I think all people are in a stage of evolving transition towards world mindedness and world citizenship where everyone will see the entire world as one home and we as it’s citizens,

Everything to look forward too but some setbacks inevitable through ignorance now and again.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We are definitely in a time the Bible has foretold.

A perception of the applicable Bible Passages we could have, is to think we are in the most blessed time of Hope.

I guess if one do not see the hope, one may see it in a negative way.

Regards Tony

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
To be fair, there's tons of real videos of people being killed (murders, executions, accidents, etc.) and it's not uncommon for people to watch them as a form of entertainment. So we haven't changed much in that regard.

But perhaps a very small number doing so?