• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Recognize We're in a Time of Wickedness?

Do You Recognize We're in a Time of Wickedness?

• Yes

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • No

Votes: 35 66.0%
  • Other...?

Votes: 8 15.1%

• Total voters

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
According to multiple religious texts, there will be a time of wickedness, where the ungodly will not notice they're wicked; do you think we're in that time period?

In my opinion. :innocent:

Mindmaster

Premium Member
According to multiple religious texts, there will be a time of wickedness, where the ungodly will not notice they're wicked; do you think we're in that time period?

To believe you are in any more wicked time than another is simply re-affirming ones own confirmation biases. There has never been a time where wickedness wasn't tempered with equal acts of good, but you'd not know it by modern media portrayals. :D

Last edited:

Frater Sisyphus

Contradiction, irrationality and disorder
No, but we are in a time of nativity and childlike arrogance. While we have things such as the nuclear bomb, we're not any more or less morally "wrong" or "right" then in the past billion years - that it simply our superiority complex brought on by our bias of time, as we assume that time equals both wisdom (via technology, science etc) and true human evolution (aka, we wrongly see cultures from thousands of years ago as inferior to ourselves)

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...

If the ungodly don't know they're wicked, presumably that means even the people who think themselves godly are actually wicked. Something for the sanctimonious fundiegelicals to think about.

wizanda

Premium Member
Do you think that is a fair way to state a question?
No it isn't fair; I admit I'm wicked for being manipulative in trying to make people think.
I don't think times are any worse now than they ever were, in some respects they are a lot better.
Didn't ask if times are worse; just if people recognize their own wickedness, like today we see bankers, taxmen, insurancemen as being respectable for ripping people off, in the past these were seen as wicked in someway.
The Bible is not a book that should be relied upon
This is why we use multiple eschatologies, it is also included in Hinduism, and Buddhism called the time of Kali Yuga; Hopi, Zoroastrian, Taoist, and many other texts say this same thing.
As opposed to Roman times when Christians were being slaughtered en-mass?
In them times we knew it was wicked; now we're quite happy to watch twisted things as entertainment, and some see that as normal...

Like in my poem Questioning Attention, it is pointing out how some people like the thrill, more than the skill.

JJ50

No human is as evil as the Biblical god character. Jesus was a mere human like the rest of us with faults and failings. IMO!

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
I doubt the various religious texts of the various religions are referring to the same thing. Human society has had wicked elements throughout history. I see no reason to assume our time is more wicked than past times nor do I have any reason to believe there is a more wicked time coming in the future.

When the oil runs out, if we are not prepared for degrowth, there will be mass starvation.

wizanda

Premium Member
Tell me what place and time in history wasn't "wicked"?
Oh agreed it has always been wicked, I'm just asking about how deluded we think people are in this modern era; where many think they're saints, when they're clearly ain't.
No human is as evil as the Biblical god character.
Right so now you've got power to create reality for us, and you'd do such a better job, with no one applying anything negative to you, as you're more perfect than God. :confused:
Jesus was a mere human like the rest of us
According to the Biblical texts this isn't so, as he was sent from Heaven.

wizanda

Premium Member
see nothing's really changed about human nature or wickedness.
Perceptions have changed, and ignorance has increased, even tho there is more information available to us.

Jumi

Perceptions have changed, and ignorance has increased, even tho there is more information available to us.

Quite the contrary on ignorance. Most people couldn't even read not that long ago. If we compare the intelligentsia of 200 years ago to the uneducated of today we'll find some agreement. Most people were free from understanding any theories requiring reading or were under the whim of those who did to pass on from them what they wanted.

In them times we knew it was wicked; now we're quite happy to watch twisted things as entertainment, and some see that as normal...

This was the same time the gladiators fought and died with thousands cheering and jeering.
I think thru all time there are those who have delighted in the wicked aspects of life and at the same time there has always been those repulsed by it all.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
No, but we are in a time of nativity and childlike arrogance. While we have things such as the nuclear bomb, we're not any more or less morally "wrong" or "right" then in the past billion years - that it simply our superiority complex brought on by our bias of time, as we assume that time equals both wisdom (via technology, science etc) and true human evolution (aka, we wrongly see cultures from thousands of years ago as inferior to ourselves)

Perhaps less knowledgeable about themselves and the world, and hence inferior in that respect. And even more so further back - despite what some seem to think.

And no, we are no more wicked than we ever were - if we can even use such a term. :rolleyes:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Quite the contrary on ignorance. Most people couldn't even read not that long ago. If we compare the intelligentsia of 200 years ago to the uneducated of today we'll find some agreement. Most people were free from understanding any theories requiring reading or were under the whim of those who did to pass on from them what they wanted.

Quite. Perhaps some seem to have some lack of knowledge concerning the spread of real information in the past compared with what they were told to think then. :rolleyes: