• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DIR Forums Take Two

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
>.< "eee terk er jerbs.... EEE TERK ER JERBS... turk er jerbzz.... tork or jorb"
... QUICK, HE'S HAVING A STROKE! Someone else should get help!

I'm busy...
mnaUM.gif

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This is what has happened to me. I typically like to browse the new topics and you can't see the sub-forum from the box. I have got my hand caught in the cookie jar by not paying attention to where the thread is actually at.
That's my excuse.
Think up your own!

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Over and over again? Are you kidding??
I have accidentally posted in DIR multiple times, because I approach thread viewing from the recent posts section and sometimes miss the DIR label until I've posted, then quickly delete the comment. So this would be super handy to prevent it.

As for trolls, plenty of rule 1 and 3 and 9 and 10 violators have reformed and decided they wanted to participate productively. Those that don't have the chance to change, and those with especially egregious posts can be handled in a faster way with mod consensus.
I'm not too worried about it. We already have pretty much one of the friendliest atmospheres for religious discussion around. And if there's someone you think the mods are being too lenient with, you can place them on ignore and they won't be your problem again. :)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
This is what has happened to me. I typically like to browse the new topics and you can't see the sub-forum from the box. I have got my hand caught in the cookie jar by not paying attention to where the thread is actually at.
So say's 99.99999% of all forum members. What makes your own claim valid? :p

von bek

I have selected neopaganism from the DIR selections on my member page. When I go to the Neopaganism DIR, I am told I have insufficient privilege to participate. If I cannot participate in discussions about my own beliefs, there is no point in me participating in any discussion.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
As far as I know, and as far as I've explored on-line, this is absolutely the best forum for religious discussion on-line there is. Constant whining about the volunteers who run anything will just end in those volunteers quitting, and hence we have no other forum quite like this one. Other forums have impatient moderation, no moderation, and either descend to no discussion or crazy mud-slinging.

THANK YOU to all of our moderators and Brent. Without you guys we would have no place to discuss religion.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
The changes are still in their earliest stages. The administration is discussing how to proceed from here and which other changes to implement to tune up the system.

Since DIRs are a significant subset of all forums on RF, further changes are not going to happen or be finalized overnight, so feedback in the meantime would be far more helpful than anything else.

Bob the Unbeliever

Feel free to call me stupid, or born before the millenials, but I've spent the last 5-8 minutes attempting to locate the place in my profile where I can actually choose .... this may have been posted elsewhere in this (or other) threads, but once again, I cannot seem to find it.

*sigh*

A helpful STICKY post, perhaps? Or something to help us old codgers who used to program in FORTRAN using punch cards....

4consideration

Premium Member

Feel free to call me stupid, or born before the millenials, but I've spent the last 5-8 minutes attempting to locate the place in my profile where I can actually choose .... this may have been posted elsewhere in this (or other) threads, but once again, I cannot seem to find it.

*sigh*

A helpful STICKY post, perhaps? Or something to help us old codgers who used to program in FORTRAN using punch cards....
Check the Personal Details page. Page down some.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

*sigh*

Go to your profile --> Personal Details --> scroll down to the "DIR Forum Access:" field. Check the box(es) as appropriate.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Thank you Brent, for exploring a more reasonable solution. This one is far more preferable to what was being suggested earlier.

I'm sorry but you do not follow any Abrahamic religion, that's just playing the system. You can't be both Abrahamic and LHP, I suggest you chose one or the other.