• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democrat Candidates for 2020 POTUS

Watchmen

Premium Member
Actually I think it would be a good thing if Democrats had Elizabeth Warren nominated to be the president.

For once I like to see a presidential election where I feel conflicted as to who the better candidate would be for that term. It's a sign of a good election. Picking Trump was just too easy last time around and it will be easy again if Bernie Sanders runs.
Who really knows, but I doubt Bernie will run. What are the top two or three things you like about Warren?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Who really knows, but I doubt Bernie will run. What are the top two or three things you like about Warren?
I'll start with a link outlining Elizabeth Warren's impressive biography.

https://www.biography.com/people/elizabeth-warren-20670753

Other than her views and position on family most notably in 2003, I also admire greatly her tenacity to rub the grains of her own party time to time such as the snippet here...

"Warren then began to read a letter from late civil rights activist Coretta Scott King, the widow of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., which she wrote in 1986 to urge the Senate to reject Sessions's nomination as a federal judge. As Warren read Coretta Scott King's letter to the Senate, she was interrupted by Republican Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and was told she had breached provisions of the Senate's Rule 19 because she had "impugned the motives and conduct of our colleague from Alabama."

After being silenced by her Senate colleagues, Warren read the letter aloud on Facebook live in a video that went viral and was viewed more than 7.2 million times."

"
In November 2017, following a stunning claim by former Democratic National Committee chair Donna Brazile that the Clinton campaign had control over the DNC and that the "system" was rigged "to throw the primary to Hillary" in 2016, Warren publicly agreed with that analysis during a CNN interview.

"This is a real problem," Warren conceded. "But what we've got to do as Democrats now, is we've got to hold this party accountable."

WOW!!

You're talking about Margaret Thatcher type gumption and drive , which says volumes about her character and honesty.
The kind of person that would actually run to the front lines herself and doesn't shy or distance herself when under pressure.

To answer your question more directly I would say these bullet points would be what I like most about her.

*Her views and position on household incomes that even impressed somebody like Tucker Carlson on Fox that this should be a bipartisan concern. No small feat in itself.

*The Anti-corruption and Public Integrity Act she put forth. I'd be behind that every step of the way.

Of course I still keep in mind she's still a Democrat and she did endorse Hillary Clinton, so not everything she does bodes with me entirely well. I'm definitely not ready to jump party ships yet. :O}

Butt......... I do think she is an interesting and promising person with a fairly solid background that I haven't seen within the Democrat Party in a long long time.

If for any reason she isn't successfully elected to run as the Democratic nominee for president, my choice to be with the Republicans would be well-Justified as far as I'm concerned as I'm of the opinion that if the Democrats let someone like her slip on by, there'll be slim hope for a bipartisan government to revive itself in this country which could lead to some very unfortunate history in the making for us as a country.

averageJOE

zombie
So far, she is my #1 pick. I was so glad to hear this. I've been hoping for a Sanders/Gabbard ticket, but who knows, maybe we will get a Gabbard/Sanders ticket.

Medicare for all...Check
Green New Deal...Check
Criminal Justice Reform...check
Wall Street Reform...Check
End the Wars...Check
Legalize marijuana...Check
Rejects Corporate PAC donations...Check

Two issues I don't know her stance on yet; free college and living wage. If she gets on board with those two issues she will be a force.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So far, she is my #1 pick. I was so glad to hear this. I've been hoping for a Sanders/Gabbard ticket, but who knows, maybe we will get a Gabbard/Sanders ticket.

Medicare for all...Check
Green New Deal...Check
End the Wars...Check

Two issues I don't know her stance on yet; free college and living wage. If she gets on board with those two issues she will be a force.
No free housing, food, internet, TV, movies, cars & vacations?

esmith

Veteran Member

Medicare for all...Check
Green New Deal...Check
End the Wars...Check

You mean a comic force?

averageJOE

zombie
Establishment Corporate Democrat Kamala Harris announced her 2020 run.

The fact the she waited to announce on MLK day says one thing: her campaign is going to be entirely driven by identity politics. And make no mistake, this is the person that the mainstream media, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, as well as the DNC itself is going to push through the primaries. She is the one Pelosi and Schummer will be given full support. Her policies will be nothing but cliche platitudes all wrapped up with young, black female. Get ready for "We need someone to fight for the people!!! And as a the first woman of color to run for president, I will be the one to do it!!!" And democrat voters will eat it up. Also, anyone who comes out against her is going to be labeled sexist and racist.

youknowme

Whatever you want me to be.
So far I favor Kamala Harris. My main focuses will be anyone that is not Trump, someone that has a real chance at beating Trump and someone who is pushing medicare for all.

To a lesser degree, but still things I am looking at: I don't want someone ancient, and no more billionaires (or wanna be billionaires that lie about their wealth). I also want an actual politician, no more of this Maverick BS, which is just a story to sell to voters anyways to elect someone that has no clue what they are doing.

Last edited:

averageJOE

zombie
As of today, the 2020 Democratic POTUS candidates are:

Andrew Yang
John Delaney
Tom Steyer (don't know if he's still in)
Elizabeth Warren
Julian Castro
Tulsi Gabbard
Kirsten Gillibrand
Kamala Harris

averageJOE

zombie
So far I favor Kamala Harris. My main focuses will be anyone that is not Trump, someone that has a real chance at beating Trump and someone who is pushing medicare for all.

To a lesser degree, but still things I am looking at: I don't want someone ancient, and no more billionaires (or wanna be billionaires that lie about their wealth). I also want an actual politician, no more of this Maverick BS, which is just a story to sell to voters anyways to elect someone that has no clue what they are doing.
When one says the main focus is anyone other than Trump they fail to understand they system that put him there in the first place. Trump is a symptom of a much larger problem, just removing him solves nothing. And Harris is not the person. She is just another typical establishment, corporatist democrat who is loyal only to her donors. She, as well as Warren, Gillibrand, and Booker, flip flopped on Medicare for All. Harris flipped a mere 24 hours after her first town hall. Medicare for All will NEVER become a reality under a Harris administration. Neither will a living wage, ending the wars, Green New Deal, or criminal justice reform. Just read this article to learn more about who she is. Opinion | Kamala Harris Was Not a ‘Progressive Prosecutor’

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
As of today, the 2020 Democratic POTUS candidates are:

Andrew Yang
John Delaney
Tom Steyer (don't know if he's still in)
Elizabeth Warren
Julian Castro
Tulsi Gabbard
Kirsten Gillibrand
Kamala Harris
I wonder where Oprah is?

youknowme

When one says the main focus is anyone other than Trump they fail to understand they system that put him there in the first place. Trump is a symptom of a much larger problem, just removing him solves nothing. And Harris is not the person. She is just another typical establishment, corporatist democrat who is loyal only to her donors. She, as well as Warren, Gillibrand, and Booker, flip flopped on Medicare for All. Harris flipped a mere 24 hours after her first town hall. Medicare for All will NEVER become a reality under a Harris administration. Neither will a living wage, ending the wars, Green New Deal, or criminal justice reform. Just read this article to learn more about who she is. Opinion | Kamala Harris Was Not a ‘Progressive Prosecutor’

I am not interested in your preaching. The idea that you get to select from all these different candidates is just nonsense. You get to pick from two people: pile of crap one or pile of crap two. Which I would argue is not even really "voting".

averageJOE

zombie
I am not interested in your preaching. The idea that you get to select from all these different candidates is just nonsense. You get to pick from two people: pile of crap one or pile of crap two. Which I would argue is not even really "voting".
I preached nothing. I just showed you actual facts about Kamala Harris. I still have issues with my candidate of choice that I feel still needs addressing. That's what primaries are for. No candidate is above criticism. You said you wanted someone who is going to push for Medicare for All. I'm just telling you Harris flip flopped on it. https://nypost.com/2019/02/01/what-kamala-harris-backtrack-means-for-medicare-for-all/ (There are many articles on this) In the end, in a Harris administration, she WILL settle for "fixing" the Affordable Care Act.

youknowme

I preached nothing. I just showed you actual facts about Kamala Harris. I still have issues with my candidate of choice that I feel still needs addressing. That's what primaries are for. No candidate is above criticism. You said you wanted someone who is going to push for Medicare for All. I'm just telling you Harris flip flopped on it. https://nypost.com/2019/02/01/what-kamala-harris-backtrack-means-for-medicare-for-all/ (There are many articles on this) In the end, in a Harris administration, she WILL settle for "fixing" the Affordable Care Act.

"facts" . . .

:rolleyes:

It is interesting how everyone when discussing politics is always stating the "facts".

youknowme

Are you saying that Kamala Harris flip flopping on Medicare For All is not a fact?

No.

You are trying to pick an argument with someone over something that someone does not want to argue about, you are just going have to deal with the fact that I don't care. I am going to back the Dem, no matter who it turns out to be.

averageJOE

zombie
No.

You are trying to pick an argument with someone over something that someone does not want to argue about, you are just going have to deal with the fact that I don't care. I am going to back the Dem, no matter who it turns out to be.
Look.

Just so we are clear. It seems you and I are on the same side. I very much want and need to see Trump unseated. I just appears to be that we disagree on WHO it can be. But for ME, and ALL other progressives, there are some non negotiable issues that are demanded by us voters. One of them being Medicare for All. It's one of the biggest issues. And I am just letting you know Kamala Harris is not going to fight for it. In fact, Nancy Pelosi herself does NOT want Medicare for All. Top Nancy Pelosi Aide Privately Tells Insurance Executives Not to Worry About Democrats Pushing “Medicare for All”