• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democrat Candidates for 2020 POTUS

youknowme

Whatever you want me to be.
Look.

Just so we are clear. It seems you and I are on the same side. I very much want and need to see Trump unseated. I just appears to be that we disagree on WHO it can be. But for ME, and ALL other progressives, there are some non negotiable issues that are demanded by us voters. One of them being Medicare for All. It's one of the biggest issues. And I am just letting you know Kamala Harris is not going to fight for it. In fact, Nancy Pelosi herself does NOT want Medicare for All. Top Nancy Pelosi Aide Privately Tells Insurance Executives Not to Worry About Democrats Pushing “Medicare for All”

It doesn't matter if they want it. You really think Trump wants to continue this fight for the wall? They response to public pressure.

Personally, I think you just want to argue with someone over Kamala Harris . . . go find a mirror.

Riders

I don't know about Kamala, don't like Warren, but I don't trust our country to elect a woman sadly. Eric Swalwal just announced he is running on Cuomo Primetime, He might be interesting.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Source: FiveEightThirty

Joe Biden (D)
Biden was the top performer in a Monmouth University poll gauging presidential preferences among registered Democrats. The former vice president received 29 percent support, with the next-closest finisher earning 16 percent. He also earned the highest net favorability rating, with 80 percent of registered Democrats viewing him favorably to 9 percent who viewed him unfavorably.

A CNN poll Wednesday showed that a majority of Democrats — 62 percent — wanted Biden to enter the presidential race.

Politico reported Thursday that Biden was nearing a decision on a run, and was reaching out to Capitol Hill allies including Sens. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., Bob Casey, D-Pa., and Chris Coons, D-Del., as well as Rep. Jim Clyburn, D-S.C.

On Tuesday, during a private lunch with television anchors prior to the State of the Union, President Donald Trumpreportedly described Biden as “dumb”and said he hoped to run against him.

“Biden was never very smart. He was a terrible student. His gaffes are unbelievable. When I say something that you might think is a gaffe, it’s on purpose; it’s not a gaffe. When Biden says something dumb, it’s because he’s dumb,” the president said, according to sources cited by the New York Times.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't know about Kamala, don't like Warren, but I don't trust our country to elect a woman sadly. Eric Swalwal just announced he is running on Cuomo Primetime, He might be interesting.
I'd gladly vote for a woman.
But I need to see one more inclined towards...
- Peace
- Civil liberties
- Economic liberty
- Less but better regulation
- Pro environment
- Small government
- Gun rights

averageJOE

zombie
I like what I heard at her announcement. But still don’t know much about her.
Her speech seemed like a copy and paste from E.Warren's. But in my opinion, I think Klobuchar, Booker, Castro, and Gillibrand are not really expecting to win, but are just running VICE presidential campaigns.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Her speech seemed like a copy and paste from E.Warren's. But in my opinion, I think Klobuchar, Booker, Castro, and Gillibrand are not really expecting to win, but are just running VICE presidential campaigns.
Yeah well she is making all the right noises as far as I am concerned. I am not looking for originality.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Remember, folks....politicians have a record of voting for or against things.
Whatever they've done, they'll keep on doing.

averageJOE

zombie
Senator Bernie Sanders has (finally) officially announced his 2020 run! He has, in my opinion, the best campaign launch videos yet, followed closely by Tulsi Gabbard.

averageJOE

zombie
There have been a few other candidates who have announced a 2020 run that I've missed: Steve Buttigieg (He just had a CNN town hall) Pete for America and Marieanne Williamson Marianne Williamson for President | Join the Evolution

I may have miss a few others. Who can keep track anymore.

But I will say Beto O'Rourke officially announced. Beto O'Rourke launches 2020 presidential campaign - CNN Video

It's also unofficially official that Joe Biden is now running. Sen. Chris Coons says Biden 'all but certain' he'll run in 2020 - CNNPolitics

averageJOE

zombie
Who's running for 2020 that I know of:

Andrew Yang
John Delaney
Elizabeth Warren
Julian Castro
Tulsi Gabbard
Kirsten Gillibrand
Kamala Harris
Amy Klobuchar
Beto O'Rourke
Joe Biden
Bernie Sanders
Steve Buttigieg
Marianne Willimson

averageJOE

zombie
Kamala Harris and Beto O'Rourke will be nothing but a competition of cliches. Joe Biden's campaign will be 100% nostalgia, running in Obama's shadow, appealing to nobody other than Obama fans.

Last edited: